PDA

View Full Version : Wild camping at the moment in Spain

Annsman
01-03-2011, 14:49
Just to let anyone know, if you fancy a decent place to stop over for a few days, or even more, the police in Torre del Mar seem to be tolerating people wild camping. There are about 30, or more vans dotted about the place. Mostly on the waste ground at the Western end of the promenade, NOT the car park. There are also vans on the abandoned urbanisation to the West of the town and a few others in the toen itself. No one has been bothered, apart from the numpty who was connected to the electricity in a lamp post last week. he was spoken to quite sharply and told to get out of town. Quite rightly to in my opinion. If there's anything going to get people moved on its thius.

patricia
01-03-2011, 21:49
Thanks for that info we are heading that way in two weeks, thought of trying Benalmadena first.

barnybg
04-03-2011, 09:02
This is what the forum/site is about,sharing ideas,tips and knowledge,sometimes the ' now' saves 'time and money '
THANKS from me,can you tell anyone interested in travelling to Spain at the moment,what the weather is like,degrees would be good too.... :)

David & Ann
04-03-2011, 10:35
Thanks for that info we are heading that way in two weeks, thought of trying Benalmadena first.

Next door to Toremolinos, full with Brits. Hard to find a wild camping spot around town. There is a wild spot the other end of Toremolinos, 2 infact, across the road from each other. Give them a € for a Charity and you are okay. No facilities, must be self sufficent. I use the water(not salt water) from the beach shower for washing up and odd jobs. 2 to 3 hundred meters up the road are water fountains on the promenade (drinking water) In Belemadena, if you are prepared to walk a short distance to the beach, you can park up in any of the side streets, not good for overnighting.

activecampers
04-03-2011, 11:35
Some other places in Spain:-

ES Banyoles Wild 42.12159 2.74759 Free None Quiet spot next to church overlooking lake. Lit like xmas so not for the faint heated!
ES Peratallada Wild 41.97814 3.08922 Free F + WC Walled medeivil town, very pretty. Flat area for parking. WC close and fresh tap (no hose connection) available.
ES Blanes Wild 41.66487 2.78455 Free WC On beach next to med - free area and quiet overnight (apart from lapping med!)

Also Morella aire is fantastic (and you can get wifi from 700m away if you have the same wifi aerial as me!) - free wifi/water/waste and place worth a visit.

Seen vans wilding in loads of places, and I think as long as no mess is made, its not annoying anyone, then a day or two is okay off season. I think, rightly, that the rules change in season.

kenspain
04-03-2011, 15:44
This is what the forum/site is about,sharing ideas,tips and knowledge,sometimes the ' now' saves 'time and money '
THANKS from me,can you tell anyone interested in travelling to Spain at the moment,what the weather is like,degrees would be good too.... :)

We are having some funny weather here near Alicante 19 to 20 degs last week today wet and cold 12degs with snow up in the mountains next week not looking to good on the TV some rain and high winds. Plenty of room in Alicante beach to stop over.

John H
05-03-2011, 11:38

Left Almeria on Tuesday, with temperatures in the mid-20s and clear blue skies (a chill in the breeze when it blew, though). Wildcamped south of Aguillas - beautiful cove with 20 vans - the police came round twice and didn't seem bothered about us and a bread van called in the morning. There are many coves in this area where you can wildcamp without trouble (although further south - eg La Isleta - the police are moving people on along the coast). Inland there is very little problem - we stayed at the Ermitage de Santa Eulelia near Totana (on the furgovw.org website) and had a great night (toilets and water supply too). Now at Fortuna (thermal pools) for the weekend and the temperatures are in the late teens but the sky is overcast in parts. Very pleasant though. From here, we will use the aires at Jalance and Morella before heading through the Vielha tunnel.

David & Ann
05-03-2011, 15:18
JohnH, heading back to 1.39 for Diesel and a few more surprises. In 6/7 weeks we are on our way to where you have come from. Personnally, I would do a U turn and head back to Almeria. Have a safe journey home.

John H
05-03-2011, 15:35
JohnH, heading back to 1.39 for Diesel and a few more surprises. In 6/7 weeks we are on our way to where you have come from. Personnally, I would do a U turn and head back to Almeria. Have a safe journey home.

Good advice but unfortuantely my wife has this totally unreasonable desire to see the grandchildren. If I had my way, we'd pay for them to come out and see us - I'm sure the air fare would be cheaper than the bloody diesel......but never argue with a woman holding a pair of knitting needles!

Hobbsy
05-03-2011, 20:36

I have just got back from holidays ( without camper) i'n costa del sol... I have started a thread called costa del sol i'n the eurpean camping section, i'n a few days I will post up some coordinates of wild camping spaces, one of which is the big park i'n benelmadena!

tommy0121
13-06-2011, 19:19
I have just got back from holidays ( without camper) i'n costa del sol... I have started a thread called costa del sol i'n the eurpean camping section, i'n a few days I will post up some coordinates of wild camping spaces, one of which is the big park i'n benelmadena!

cant think of the name of the street, but two lines back from beach, there is a car park where we have parked on once or twice, great little pitch, no hassle but gets a bit noisy at weekends more due to the spanish holding weddings etc, plenty of places all over spain i found.

kenspain
13-06-2011, 19:32
The 24th of this month is Saint Juan day you will find you can park mostly anywhere on the beach this night its party time all night and at mid night we all end up in the sea but make sure you find your spot to park up early if you never been to one of these go it,s good fun, Today inland from Alicante 32.5 deg.:have fun:

zeus
22-06-2011, 20:16
Please can anyone help , Our dream is to take the RV to spain to get away from the english winter. We seem to be running into a few problems , Prices of sites we have found on line and the fact that we have a dog coming with us

kenspain
22-06-2011, 20:26
Please can anyone help , Our dream is to take the RV to spain to get away from the english winter. We seem to be running into a few problems , Prices of sites we have found on line and the fact that we have a dog coming with us

Why do you need a campsite there are plenty of places you can stay in the winter down here and only go on the campsite when you must say 2 days then back out.If you can say were you want to go over here I am sure you will get all the help you need. If your coming my way that's Alicante let me know nearer the time and i come and show you some places you can stay and find out from friends what campsite is good for you if you dont mind being with the Spanish campers that pop in now and again. ken

vwalan
22-06-2011, 20:29
hi. there is no problem taking a dog .mine as been going since dec 99.
as for the prices .go free camping like the rest of us . price then is zero.
next problem please.
(get dog chipped a rabies vaccine and a blood test =passport then off you go .come back in 6 months.

Byronic
22-06-2011, 21:31
Last winter wild camping was being tolerated at Torre del Mar even at the beach carpark (water and sewerage) between the 2 pay campsites,very unusual, even more surprising to see that they are being tolerant this summer.
Same goes for the bays West of Aguilas such as Bahia Carolina (no facilities ie water/sewerage only + chiringuito).
Further West at San Juan de los Terreros no winter problems either (water/sewerage 3km), but the area for wild camping is much reduced due to housing development.
Torrox, an exception, the carpark verboten, again winter when I passed through but some were toughing it out on the road alongside (sewerage disposal now concreted over, water available at beach showers) and not putting out any gear (ie not camping)
Spain has more to worry about than wild camping at the moment I suppose.

baloothebear
23-06-2011, 06:11
Torrox, an exception, the carpark verboten, again winter when I passed through but some were toughing it out on the road alongside (sewerage disposal now concreted over, water available at beach showers) and not putting out any gear (ie not camping)
Spain has more to worry about than wild camping at the moment I suppose.

Your comments about Torrox don't surprise me. As you all know, various towns are favoured by different nationalities. Nerja is full of Brits and torrox is full of Germans.
I was looking at buying an apartment there and everyone I spoke to said how nice and quiet and orderly the place was... :)

zeus
23-06-2011, 07:50
Dog has already got his passport and thanks guys for your answers , Ken will let you know asap when we are going to come over

Byronic
23-06-2011, 18:33
Your comments about Torrox don't surprise me. As you all know, various towns are favoured by different nationalities. Nerja is full of Brits and torrox is full of Germans.
I was looking at buying an apartment there and everyone I spoke to said how nice and quiet and orderly the place was... :)

Baloo,
Torrox as you say is a "German", resort but curiously it was a Freudian slip when I wrote "verboten."
Perhaps there is a link between orderliness and lack of toleration of wild camping.
Then again I find much more toleration of wild camping in Germany than I do in Blighty.

gwyntaxi
19-12-2011, 15:30
exactly what wifi aerial are you using and where can I get one,heading to southern Spain&Morocco in Jan 2012,taking the laptop and hoping to use
it if i can find out how to get a signal ,unfortunatelymy computer skill are not as extensive as my m/caravanning knowledge,thanks.

ES Banyoles Wild 42.12159 2.74759 Free None Quiet spot next to church overlooking lake. Lit like xmas so not for the faint heated!
ES Peratallada Wild 41.97814 3.08922 Free F + WC Walled medeivil town, very pretty. Flat area for parking. WC close and fresh tap (no hose connection) available.
ES Blanes Wild 41.66487 2.78455 Free WC On beach next to med - free area and quiet overnight (apart from lapping med!)

Also Morella aire is fantastic (and you can get wifi from 700m away if you have the same wifi aerial as me!) - free wifi/water/waste and place worth a visit.

Seen vans wilding in loads of places, and I think as long as no mess is made, its not annoying anyone, then a day or two is okay off season. I think, rightly, that the rules change in season.[/QUOTE]

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS