PDA

View Full Version : Navigon POI installation

Canalsman
09-03-2011, 17:55
It seems that you need to use a piece of software call POIWarner to install POI files on Navigon devices.

The link for the website is here Welcome to navigating.de: Navigon MobileNavigator (http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=636)

jurasik
29-08-2011, 23:00
Just installed the POI's on my 40 Live premium. I didn't need the POI Warner program.
This is how I did it:
1. Open the Navigon device in windows explorer & then open the NAVIGON folder.
2. Open the MyPOIs folder in the NAVIGON folder, if it doesn't exist, then you need to create it.
3. Start the Navigon Fresh program. Make sure the device is connected & found by the fresh program.
4. Click on `File' at the top left of the window & then click on POI assistant.
5. You will then open a window where at the bottom right hand corner there will be a button called `Copy POI to Device'. Click this.
6. An explorer window will open. Open the folder where the Wild Camp data was extracted.
7. Now this software will only work with .csv files, so I used the Navman file instead of the Navigon file, so open the Navman folder.
8. The wild camp file should now be visible. click on that file.
9. It will ask you to assign an icon or go with the default. I used the default.
10. The wild camp POI's should be visible in the list in the window on the right hand side. It has now copied them to the Navigon device.

Saved me the cost of POI Warner! :)

Canalsman
29-08-2011, 23:41
Thank you for the valuable advice :)

Regards

Chris

Sharon the Cat
30-10-2013, 18:00
B*gger, b*gger, b*gger

Great info. All going swimmingly, pub stops now on Navigon but........

I suppose I now need to splash out on a micro SD card

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS