PDA

View Full Version : Aires - what are the rules?

baloothebear
13-03-2011, 05:49
What are the rules about using Aires? I'm talking about the ones that you can stop at overnight not the basic service facility type.
Apparently, you are not supposed to put out chairs? I always have and have attracted some odd glances in the past although nobody has ever said anything
So are there any other pitfalls to keep in mind?

Brian Evans
13-03-2011, 08:01
What are the rules about using Aires? I'm talking about the ones that you can stop at overnight not the basic service facility type.
Apparently, you are not supposed to put out chairs? I always have and have attracted some odd glances in the past although nobody has ever said anything
So are there any other pitfalls to keep in mind?

All Aires are different , and usually carry different rules , sometimes the rules are posted at the entrance a lot of the time they are not . I tend to watch what the locals get up to . At St Mallerie Sur Seine the French had large tables out , and it looked like 3 or 4 vans had gathered together for Sunday lunch , so on seeing this I could see no problem in getting out my chairs . Usually at seaside Aires everybody takes out their tables and chairs with no problems .Market squares or town centres I think this is a no for me , and I don't think the locals like it .

Fleming
13-03-2011, 09:22
There are no rules. Common sence and behaviour.
Aires are for parking, not for camping.
You don't put an awning, have a BBQ, no washing lines ....
If you want to put chairs and tables out; don't put them next to your MH, but a few yards away if possible.
Don't overstay.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS