PDA

View Full Version : Cap Nature, near Cap Gris Nez

John H
18-03-2011, 15:49
This shop, selling local products, wines etc, offers four spaces with electricity and wi-fi (using it now) for 5 euros per night in its courtyard. Very convenient for the ferries (15 miles from Calais) and great value if the rain is pouring down incessantly!

GPS:
50.83454N
01.59956E

Bigpeetee
18-03-2011, 16:03
Hi John,

Sounds a great place, will give it a try next time we're over there.

Have you got rain, or just supposition?

We've got 100% blue sky in North Wales!!

Bigpeetee
18-03-2011, 16:06
Just put the co-ords in, looks good also looks like a good wilding spot a few hundred metres North, Google maps shows a tugger there!!

John H
18-03-2011, 16:11
Hi John,

Sounds a great place, will give it a try next time we're over there.

Have you got rain, or just supposition?

We've got 100% blue sky in North Wales!!

Boy have we got rain! The journey north was brilliant up until we hit a bank of cold fog just north of Le Mans (had to swap my shorts for trousers!) and now the cold fog has turned into cold rain. But since we have used aires with electricity (two of them free) over the past four days (we had to hold back because the ferry isn't booked until tomorrow) we have just closed the blinds, turned on all the lights and heating and looked back over the photos of a superb winter in the Almeria Province of Spain. They assure me it will be sunny for the Channel crossing but I'm not holding my breathe. Enjoy the good weather in Wales, John.

John H
18-03-2011, 16:14
Just put the co-ords in, looks good also looks like a good wilding spot a few hundred metres North, Google maps shows a tugger there!!

If the weather had been good we would probably have wilded along this coast - but these days we are fair-weather wilders (getting soft in our old age!).

bilbao camper
18-03-2011, 16:49
Free if a member of France Passion see page 343 of their guide.

John H
18-03-2011, 16:55
Free if a member of France Passion see page 343 of their guide.

True but since we tend to use free aires most of the time, we couldn't justify the 25 joining cost. If you use them a lot it is probably good value but this is the only one we have ever used and so 25 would have been quite expensive!

Tony Lee
18-03-2011, 18:09
I would prefer (despite my natural scrooginess) to pay the 5 euro and be done with it rather than feel obliged to buy some produce I don't really need in exchange for the "free" campsite.

colpot
18-03-2011, 18:32
We stayed there in 2008 when he was talking about putting in the leccy hookups. He sold some nice 2 Caps Bottled Beer - I remember buying one to bring back for my son....and then buying another one as I drank the first one.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS