PDA

View Full Version : Safe nights Ireland

ourchoir
21-03-2011, 16:35
Can anyone give me any feedback on joining safe nights Ireland? Can you get a hook up? Irish campsites are so few and far between that as we have no heating in our VW we either freeze or pay a fortune for a campsite. Thanks for reading. Jan

tony
21-03-2011, 17:48
as far as i know some of the stops are private people who will let you stopover on their property & you may or may not have hook up.
they also have some camp sites on their lists who give a reduced rate to s.n.i members.
if you go into their site im sure you will find out more.
tony

Yorkshirelass
03-05-2011, 19:01
Can anyone give me any feedback on joining safe nights Ireland? Can you get a hook up? Irish campsites are so few and far between that as we have no heating in our VW we either freeze or pay a fortune for a campsite. Thanks for reading. Jan

I spent a month touring Irelands coastline last May [North & South], and only used sites when I needed a shower...approx every 3/4 days, to keep costs down and to stay/sample village coastal life ! No, there are few sites, in S. Ireland especially, but I loved the excitement of not knowing where I was going to spend the night each day :fun: Its often worth just asking in a village where you could p[ark up for the night; you could be surprised...especially as they are such a lovely freindly bunch of peeps. I'm off there again next month, just to the SW this time... Beara peninsula...SUPERB & MAGICAL + QUIET....with little traffic and NO LITTER ! Also, if you see a field with the odd old ramshackle caravan in it, it may be worth asking if you can park up, as there could be a shower located nearby + water; probably no leccy tho' !!!;)

Dublin Mum
06-05-2011, 20:47
I suppose it depends on what time of the year you're staying.

I have 2 young children and to be honest I'm not a great fan of campsites, except to shower etc. They have their uses, but just find them a bit sterile, not into the whole "organised fun" nor into waking up beside another camper.

I much prefer wild camping- just love the whole outdoor feel, the views, eating in local restaurants, drinking in local pubs, shopping in local markets, etc.

From what I've read, while places advertising on Safe Nights Ireland are not obliged to provide water or electricity, a lot do. I've also heard of campers being offered fresh eggs, use of bathrooms, showers etc. I guess just pay the 10 joining fee and contact a few places and see what they have to offer. Definitely going to join next winter when wild camping may not always be an option.

derry demesne
29-07-2011, 11:17
----and other basics.We hope to be on the Safenightsireland site very soon. We owned a CL in the UK.

derry demesne
29-07-2011, 11:40
:boat:

I have just checked with the membership secretary, and Safenightsireland site owners can sign up new members, so I shall download some. Maybe campers thinking of using Safenightsireland could carry a copy?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS