PDA

View Full Version : Knocking the bottom out of wild camping sites

rommel
31-03-2011, 21:12
A few years ago I posted a site on the western outskirts of Bourton-on-the -Water and have been pleased to see its occaisional use, over the last three weeks there has been a motorhome parked there continually,whether its one of us I don't know .This site has already been reduced in size by 50% to deter gypsies. It's no odds to me if it is closed completely as I live in the village but I have heard mutterings from residents near to it about " turning in to a camp site" I feel that is necessary to spread our selves about a bit these days or encure anamosity from non motorhomers and loose sites.

camperbob
21-07-2011, 18:37
i agree

donkey too
21-07-2011, 18:50
Why not go over and introduce yourself as from Wildcam. Have a chat and a bottle of beer and let them know our concerns.

peanut
21-07-2011, 19:01
Why not go over and introduce yourself as from Wildcam. Have a chat and a bottle of beer and let them know our concerns.

probably because he'd get the bottle back in the back of his head !:lol-061:

Anyone following the Tour de France ? I couldn't believe how many motorhomes there were parked anlong the roadside in the Alps and Pyrenees. Thousands of them. stacked and racked barely enough room to open the doors.

fofeg101
21-07-2011, 21:34
probably because he'd get the bottle back in the back of his head !:lol-061:

Anyone following the Tour de France ? I couldn't believe how many motorhomes there were parked anlong the roadside in the Alps and Pyrenees. Thousands of them. stacked and racked barely enough room to open the doors.
We're following it, it p!zzed down with rain in Brittany. When I cycled over there a few years ago I can only remember getting 2 days when it rained. We're going over next year to see one of the mountain stages and then to Paris for the final day.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS