PDA

View Full Version : Highland Gathering - June 3-6th

magbrin
01-04-2011, 21:16
Highland Gathering 3rd – 6th June
Following the success of last year’s Highland Gathering we have set the date for the 2011 gathering. We are situated South West of Inverness, in beautiful Strathnairn, between A9 (Daviot) and A82 (Fort Augustus). For more details visit Brin Herb Nursery - Highland home of herb plants and wild flowers. (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk)
In order to get enough vans to our remote venue, we open it to members of different forums to “gather” together. If 2010 is anything to go by this was seen to be a positive move, and encouraged new members to various sites/forums. Last year we had 13 vans and 5 forums were represented.
The dates are now fixed – however if you want to arrive earlier or stay longer that’s fine. There is a lot to do in the area. We will not restrict you to one night free - which we offer to forum members, anyway. We will, however, be restricting the number of vans to 20 so book early if you know you can come.
The format will be similar to last year but all suggestions/ideas will be welcome. Details will be posted once they are formulated – let us know what you would like to do.
HELP: If anyone who is thinking of coming and could arrive on the Thursday to give us a hand that would be good. The nursery will be in full swing, and the shop & cafe busy (we hope), so help on the field would be much appreciated.
Look forward to seeing you in flaming June:D
Magbrin

magbrin
18-04-2011, 20:10
Before you all go off on your Easter/Wedding trips just wanted to let you know that the following are signed up for the Gathering - from 3 forums - BUT NOT THIS ONE, YET:

ardgour
Piper (Possibly + 1 van)
Hezbez (possible)
Mags 52 (that's not me I was born later than 52!)
Grand wanderer

Hope some of you will join us - max 20 so plenty of space for more :lol:

oTTo
19-04-2011, 14:11
You may remember we stopped for a night in your garden in June 2010.
(German couple + black dog in an EURAMOBIL.) Thank you again for your hospitality.

We are going North beginning of June and will try to arrange to join the meeting
:cheers:

see you

oTTo

vanblanc
20-04-2011, 06:41
Hi Otto, did you ever have a camel trophy landrover - just asking because we met a couple (his name was Otto) a few years ago in Italy and then later in Germany?

oTTo
20-04-2011, 10:23
Sorry Vanblanc, never had a 4x4.

Best regards
oTTo

magbrin
20-04-2011, 13:09
You may remember we stopped for a night in your garden in June 2010.
(German couple + black dog in an EURAMOBIL.) Thank you again for your hospitality.

We are going North beginning of June and will try to arrange to join the meeting
:cheers:

see you

oTTo

I do indeed remember you oTTo, and look forward to seeing you again. I have booked you in as a possible, and I hope you make it. You will represent another forum (this one) at the gathering, and bring another nationality (we already have one if not two vans from the Netherlands coming.) It will truely be a Highland Gathering, and a weekend to remember:dance:

I will post more details nearer the time, but remember if you don't make it you can stopover, anytime, until the end of September.

oTTo
20-04-2011, 13:59
Thanks a lot Margaret,
but I hope there will be a least one local to represent WC.
I would prefer to represent a German forum:)

I will be now off for a Eastern forum meeting in Luxembourg:drive:

magbrin
21-04-2011, 12:14
Thanks a lot Margaret,
but I hope there will be a least one local to represent WC.

I hope so too .......................... anyone out there interested?

I would prefer to represent a German forum:):

That's fine - we'll wait for someone else to represent WC

I will be now off for a Eastern forum meeting in Luxembourg:drive:

Hope you have a good trip:have fun:

magbrin
04-05-2011, 20:41
Numbers are rising - but there is plenty more space. With just over 4 weeks to go ............................. plans are coming together:

Friday 3rd June: arrival - anytime. Free tea/coffee in Schoolroom before 5.30pm or in our van after 7pm (may be something stronger by then :wacko:)

Barbeque/get together in the evening, weather permitting. Bring something to share.

Saturday: Let us know what you want to do (walking, fishing, birdwatching boating etc.) There is a service bus to Inverness or we have the use of the community minibus, again, so if anyone wants to go somewhere, do something – and do not want to move your van - let us know. It only seats 6 plus driver and there will be a charge for the use.

Saturday night barbeque – hope everyone will join in, and perhaps produce something a little unusual. Alternative plans if wet. We have one musician, but if you can play any insturment - bring it with you for a ceilidh

Sunday –for those who want it there will be a trip to Dores Inn on Loch Ness for lunch/drink/nessie spotting. Bus available - there will be a charge.

Sunday evening wind down, for anyone staying until Monday. Suggestions welcome.

The weather has been amazing this last month, so hopefully it will be good in June. But if not we have the offer of a Safari room and if the worst comes to the worst we have inside space in our small cafe.

HELP REQUIRED:

Because we will be working it would be helpful if someone could come either on Thursday or early on Friday morning to help set things up - any volunteers?? Also we need drivers for the mini bus if we want to use it. If you would be happy to drive it (VW mwb) please let me know and PM a copy of your driving licence (both parts). Requirements: UK licence, Min age 21, max points 6.

Look forward to seeing you all

Magbrin

magbrin
23-05-2011, 14:16
4 forums (including a German one!) will be represented and I'm hoping for up to 3 vans from each forum - and there is still a chance of one or two from a couple of other forums - so a good cross section. I hope you are still planning to come oTTo, and I hope now the date is nearly upon us there will be someone out there, travelling, who will call in and represent WC

Also a cross section of nationalities including Dutch, German and two French students. For music - we have now got three instruments so far and are hoping there may be others, and as for the weather - I have arranged warm sunny weather with enough breeze to keep the midges away :wacko::wacko:

The bus is booked for a trip to the Dores Inn on Sunday but we still need a driver! Please let me know if you want to go (will need to book). Depending on numbers and having a volunteer driver (if one of us has to drive, we will have to do an extra journey each way as unfortunately we won’t be able to stay, which would double the cost) the cost will be in the region of £2.50 - £3.00 per person for the bus. Alternatively you can make your own way there. Maximum numbers on the bus – 8 including the driver, so book early to avoid disappointment!

For the barbeques – donations of charcoal, and food to share would be good. If you have an exciting recipe save it for Saturday. Friday’s barbeque will be more basic – sausages, burgers, drumsticks etc. There will be some food available in the shop if you forget to bring something suitable but neither we nor the local shop renewed our alcohol licences when the regulations got stricter, so if you want a drink or several you will have to bring it with you.

Looking forward to another great weekend, and if you haven't booked yet there is still space
See you there
Margaret

oTTo
24-05-2011, 18:57
Just fixed our Eurotunnel booking for Sunday 29 departure (mother in law is in
hospital and had been cut - but everything ok).

We will bring some local sausages (Frankfurter's) and a 5 l can of German Pils.:cheers:

See you soon

oTTo

magbrin
24-05-2011, 21:02
Excellent oTTo:welcome:
If you are interested in the trip to the Dores Inn on Loch Ness on the Sunday, let me know as soon as you can as the seats on the bus are filling up.
Have a safe journey, and we look forward to seeing you again:wacko:
Margaret & Angus

magbrin
26-05-2011, 21:40
THE WEATHER IS IMPROVING - IT'S GOING TO BE A great WEEKEND:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/16?&search=inverness&itemsPerPage=10&region=world]

magbrin
02-06-2011, 20:41
Just to continue the monologue, but in case anyone else is reading this, the field is prepared, the weather is set fair, the midges have gone away and all we need is the rest of the vans!

If you are passing, please call in. IV2 6XD

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS