PDA

View Full Version : Switzerland

wander
17-03-2007, 09:31
Hi
I'm having difficulty finding campsites, particularly that will accept a dog, in switzerland. Does anyone have any experience of ccampsites (around Davos if poss). Also has anyone wild-camped in Switz?
Thanks

grath
17-03-2007, 13:05
I frequented a very small border between France & Switzerland. It is called St Gingolph (a one horse town) and it is on the D25 going east from the Geneva area, through Thonon les Bains towards Switzerland.
This road runs alongside the southers side of the lake.
You would have no problem overnighting within a couple of miles of either side of the border. I was trucking to this area!:D :)
If U decide to go this way, it would be better to skirt around Geneva & go via a town called Annemasse. Much quicker!
All these roads are good and the French side is very pretty!

billy1000
19-03-2007, 17:51
As I recall from going over to Basle many years ago there is a roundabout there near to the railway station with a floral tribute to Vincent Van Gogh. Somewhere between the Customs clearance place and the railway station.

grath
19-03-2007, 17:59
As I recall from going over to Basle many years ago there is a roundabout there near to the railway station with a floral tribute to Vincent Van Gogh. Somewhere between the Customs clearance place and the railway station.
Not at St Gingolph as no roundabout & customs is down a lane. Don't think even a railway station

billy1000
20-03-2007, 08:59
Not at St Gingolph as no roundabout & customs is down a lane. Don't think even a railway station

St. Gingolph???? I was commenting on Basle as it is spelt over there or Basel as the English spell it.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS