PDA

View Full Version : Beddgelert

matthew123
09-04-2011, 21:43
As you leave Beddgelert and head north to the Llanberis Pass there is a car park opposite the start of the Watkin Trail. There are picnic tables and good views. An ideal place to stop. Can we overnight here. Sorry my directions are vague but anyone who knows the area will know the place in question.Thank you.

tranivanman
10-04-2011, 19:24
hi
the car park is owned by the National Park, they did put in pay and display at all the car parks but they have been vandalised so they dont work!!!!

the car park is at Bethania, Nant Gwynant,

you should have called in on me, but i was in Bedford over the w/end so perhaps not a good idea.

happy wilding

matthew123
20-04-2011, 09:26
hi
the car park is owned by the National Park, they did put in pay and display at all the car parks but they have been vandalised so they dont work!!!!

the car park is at Bethania, Nant Gwynant,

you should have called in on me, but i was in Bedford over the w/end so perhaps not a good idea.

happy wilding
Would there be a problem staying here for a night.I have often seen vans parked up and in the general the local attitude appears quite chilled. Is it a case of take your chance or is it one of these car parks where you can stay one in seven. cracking spot. Hope Bedford went well. Thanks

tranivanman
20-04-2011, 10:39
hi mathew

the car park has had the pay and display meter replaced now!!! but i think if your there late and go early should be ok, but please dont blame me if your not, its like lots of places, sometimes its ok others its not so you take your chance.

if i see you there ill pop in to say hello.

tranivanman

matthew123
21-04-2011, 20:23
hi mathew

the car park has had the pay and display meter replaced now!!! but i think if your there late and go early should be ok, but please dont blame me if your not, its like lots of places, sometimes its ok others its not so you take your chance.

if i see you there ill pop in to say hello.

tranivanman
Thanks for the response. Perhaps you can enlighten me on other spots in the area. I have often driven through Llanberis Pass to find many vans about half way down obviously wilding. One summers evening it was like a campsite. Another place is the layby opposite the PYG PUB. Do these people ever get moved on? Both these places are fantastic places to stop for access to the hills. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

tranivanman
22-04-2011, 10:16
hi mathew123
i dont think at the moment anyone is being moved on from anywhere round here, i've not heard of anyone who's had a problem, as long as your tidy and clear up as you leave you should be ok.

theres plenty of places to stop overnight without using the main car parks, theres a couple of layby s as you go towards capel curig from the pass, on the right of the road.

happy hols

tranivanman

matthew123
23-04-2011, 10:43
hi mathew123
i dont think at the moment anyone is being moved on from anywhere round here, i've not heard of anyone who's had a problem, as long as your tidy and clear up as you leave you should be ok.

theres plenty of places to stop overnight without using the main car parks, theres a couple of layby s as you go towards capel curig from the pass, on the right of the road.

happy hols

tranivanman

Once again thanks for that good news. As i mentioned earlier there appears to be a good attitude towards wilding in this area. Some of these places have amazing scenary and are good bases to hit the hills. throw in a pit stop in PetesEats and you got a perfect few days away. The same message comes through on most of these threads. Common sense and Dont take the ....... Enjoy the good weather! Speak to you soon

tranivanman
23-04-2011, 16:25
hi mathew

hope you enjoy your break

if you become a full member there's lots of info on wildcamping sites available to full members, well worth the outlay.

tranivanman:goodluck:

matthew123
23-04-2011, 21:36
hi mathew

hope you enjoy your break

if you become a full member there's lots of info on wildcamping sites available to full members, well worth the outlay.

tranivanman:goodluck:
Thanks. Hoping to be up that way soon. Even though there is plenty of info on this site as it is being a full timer may open a some more doors. So much to do so little time. Good wilding.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS