PDA

View Full Version : Maryport

jann
18-03-2007, 15:16
On coast road from Maryport to Silloth there are several places next to the sea suitable for overnight.

grath
18-03-2007, 16:16
Hi Jann, We had a quick look at Maryport last year & were a little disappointed as looked uninspiring, but it was a bad day & things do look better with a little sunshine.:(
We did not know about it's history until we went to the quays & read about it.
It was a major port in times gone by for shipping (was it steel or coal) think steel, anyway u can tell me?:confused:
WE did visit Whitehaven which I must say looked more interesting, (but then again in the eyes of the beholder) & the sun had come out!:)
I can imagine with a little sunshine Maryport would be quite nice as not touristic!:D

jann
18-03-2007, 21:04
The places we saw were near enough to visit Whitehaven in the day and return to this bit of coast at night!!

The Cumbrian
26-04-2009, 11:47
It was coal.

Not a lot at Maryport, nice harbour, some decent fish & chip shops.

muppetflower
26-04-2009, 13:28
Hi everyone, I have stopped in Maryport but stopped at the Rugby club.It is very cheap with electric, and very quite. Just turn right at the lights entering maryport about half a mile down road on the right. Only one shower and one toilet but this is reflected in the price. The person who collects fees we did not see for three days just leaves you to it

blondieandi
29-04-2009, 16:15
There is afantastic very famous Blues festival at Maryport, people come from all over the world to it its fantastic, all the pubs and clubs host bands and you get a wristband to get in everywhere. Well worth a visit.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS