PDA

View Full Version : Dinas Dinlle

solarman
22-04-2011, 23:39
Just found Dinas Dinlle by accident and pulled in for the night,anyone on here,here tonight?
Solarman.

solarman
23-04-2011, 01:05
what a nice spot.will definitely return here,tomorrow we we will explorer the lleyn penninsular and on our way home will come back here,
Solarman.

mikeandhismotorhome
23-04-2011, 09:03
Was there last weekend for my 1st wilding experience - a truly magnificent place.

grath
24-04-2011, 11:14
Try the road between the airport and the Caernarfron Castle, before the boatyard.

tclarkie
25-04-2011, 19:13
Hello Solarman, I was there on Friday and Saturday night. I was with my brother his dog and my nephew. You would of seen us there i am the pround owner of the trusted ford transit the one which look like it should be in the scrapyard..hehehehe. The blue and white van..
It is a brillant spot and i be returning here soon again... I ran out of power on laptop otherwise i would of said hello at the time...

Tracey

solarman
30-04-2011, 22:25
Hello Solarman, I was there on Friday and Saturday night. I was with my brother his dog and my nephew. You would of seen us there i am the pround owner of the trusted ford transit the one which look like it should be in the scrapyard..hehehehe. The blue and white van..
It is a brillant spot and i be returning here soon again... I ran out of power on laptop otherwise i would of said hello at the time...

Tracey
hi tracey.think i saw your van,i was in a mk5 Transit white with Autocamper graphics in blue,i didn.t arrive till late but saw someone walking a dog with torch and i flashed my torch to them,also i left a pair of boots behind when i set off next day!
Solarman.

fofeg101
01-05-2011, 07:10
We're making our first trip out next week, roughly 4 or 5 days from Rhyl down to New Quay. I read on another thread that the car parks at Dinas Dinlle had "No overnight parking " signs up, is that right...????

solarman
01-05-2011, 20:08
We're making our first trip out next week, roughly 4 or 5 days from Rhyl down to New Quay. I read on another thread that the car parks at Dinas Dinlle had "No overnight parking " signs up, is that right...????
yes we stopped there but we didn't see any signs on the first car park,however next day when we were leaving we saw signs stating no overnighting(took a pic will post it up later)
on some of the others but we had no problems as there were several overnighters there and all was ok,
Solarman.

fofeg101
01-05-2011, 20:25
Thanks solarman.

solarman
01-05-2011, 21:26
Thanks solarman.
here's the sign
http://i1037.photobucket.com/albums/a451/solardude1/SSL22149.jpg
Solarman.

MarcJ
02-05-2011, 01:44
Don't know about the car parks but last time I visited there was no restrictions on the road going up towards the airport (from DD). As said above there's a road from Caernarfron going back towards the airport, following the straits. You have to come out of Caernarfron though and turn back on yourself to find it - it's the road you can see across the river from the castle.

tranivanman
02-05-2011, 19:25
hi all
been to dd today and yes there are no overnighting signs on the car parks, but i did see one park with no signs!!! or has someone removed them.

the other place down from the castle on the straights do not have any signs, as yet anyway.

tranivanman

Lodclwyd
02-07-2011, 20:24
Hi all,

I was in Dinas Dinlle this week. All but one of the car parks on the front have these new signs and have had some improvements to the car park surface. The last one was being 'upgraded' as we left, no doubt a final sign will appear when it's completed.

What a shame. Had many a happy stay there. I really don't understand what there problem is.

Bill.

Canalsman
02-07-2011, 23:58
Hi all,

I was in Dinas Dinlle this week. All but one of the car parks on the front have these new signs and have had some improvements to the car park surface. The last one was being 'upgraded' as we left, no doubt a final sign will appear when it's completed.

What a shame. Had many a happy stay there. I really don't understand what there problem is.

Bill.

Thanks for the info - I've removed these places from the POI database :(

Regards

Chris

fofeg101
03-07-2011, 18:37
Thanks for the info - I've removed these places from the POI database :(

Regards

Chris
We stayed on that car park which had no restrictions on it yet a few weeks ago, lets see if any of our members can update us if the situation changes...please? Bigpeetee and tranivanman are in that area, this overnight stop will be a big loss if it goes.

Canalsman
03-07-2011, 21:26
Good suggestion :)

sueperstarring
07-07-2011, 21:53
We are out this weekend celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary - and our 1st as campervanners lol! We will be parked up here in our blue Fiat Ducato - will let you know how it goes :)
If you are in the vicinity give us a wave lol :D

MATS
25-07-2011, 10:47
Please be aware that all of this area between Caeranrfon and Dines Dinlle have now got 'No overnight camping' signs at all of the various stop off points and laybyes - Gwynedd Council official asked me to leave this morning!!! I was leaving anyway so it did not really matter and he was content that I was going seeing we were all packed.

Old_Arthur
25-07-2011, 14:45
Please be aware that all of this area between Caeranrfon and Dines Dinlle have now got 'No overnight camping' signs at all of the various stop off points and laybyes - Gwynedd Council official asked me to leave this morning!!! I was leaving anyway so it did not really matter and he was content that I was going seeing we were all packed.

how could he make you leave this morning have they banned day time parking aswell??

MATS
31-07-2011, 08:07
He muttered that he had seen me yesterday in the very same spot and had assumed I had stayed overnight..I could have argued the toss but as I said I was leaving anyway so I did not care much...so no they have not banned daytime parking - the issue is to do with overnighting. I did not want the hassle that morning of arguing any further as that would have just wound the official up a bit more which would not help the case was I to return in the future.....

Old_Arthur
31-07-2011, 08:31
sorry but i think your mistaken we have only just pulled up ? what this mug of tea we made it before we left the site where we stayed last night? what spill no we only half fill them :bow: bless em they have a job to do don't they :ninja:

p.s. that was the jist of a conversation we had yesterday morning with a guy in the peak district

sueperstarring
02-10-2011, 22:14
Stayed here for a lovely 'Indian Summer' weekend 31/09/11 - 02/09/11 - had a lovely time - no hassle and at least 3 other campervans and a tent were staying over too lol - hopefully this is still open to us all...no signs at this spot anyway! The guy who owns the Indian restaurant/pub says he would HAPPILY put up any campers (on his drive!) who wanted to spend money in his establishment either way! :have fun:

wisper
27-11-2013, 17:18
Hi all
I know this is is a old post ,but you can still camp in Dinas only in one off the layby as one is owned by natural resources and does not have a sign there , we have stayed there a few times with no problem
Paul

maxsdad
13-02-2014, 21:17
Been down to Dinas Dinlle today the only car parks still open are near the chip shop, the overnight car park and the other two up towards the airfield have been blocked off with large boulders.
The overnight park is covered with large stones washed up from the beach most of the coastal path has been washed away at this point and the surface of the car parks badly damaged.
Still a small area to park on the front near the airfield but no overnight signs or on the airfield approach road.
Doesn't look as if any effort is being made to repair the damage may be waiting until all the severe weather has passed will have a look in when we get back from Spain end of March.

sueperstarring
19-02-2014, 10:05
Been down to Dinas Dinlle today the only car parks still open are near the chip shop, the overnight car park and the other two up towards the airfield have been blocked off with large boulders.
The overnight park is covered with large stones washed up from the beach most of the coastal path has been washed away at this point and the surface of the car parks badly damaged.
Still a small area to park on the front near the airfield but no overnight signs or on the airfield approach road.
Doesn't look as if any effort is being made to repair the damage may be waiting until all the severe weather has passed will have a look in when we get back from Spain end of March.

Hubby was there yesterday with work and was very shocked at the damage :scared: He spoke to a local business owner who was hoping the footpaths would be repaired for the summer season. So fingers are crossed for that.

Not sure where the money will come from though... hubby said the damage was extensive and all the rubble seems to have been dumped in 'our' spot :(

wisper
22-02-2014, 23:17
Hubby was there yesterday with work and was very shocked at the damage :scared: He spoke to a local business owner who was hoping the footpaths would be repaired for the summer season. So fingers are crossed for that.

Not sure where the money will come from though... hubby said the damage was extensive and all the rubble seems to have been dumped in 'our' spot :(
Hi
thanks for the info
i took a drive down there and I could not believe my eyes what mess the storms/floods have done to the place.and like you say all the rubble has been put in one big heap just where we also stay lol
hopefully this will be sorted for the summer. I really love that spot just like many other people do
Paul

philgb
24-02-2014, 19:03
We were hoping to make our first trip to Dinas Dinlle in March, is it feasable to camp up at Trefor harbour?

jeffmossy
10-03-2014, 19:45
Just spent the weekend at Dinas Dinlle and can confirm that all the car parks apart from the one near the chippy have been closed and blocked off,was talking to one of the locals and she was saying it will be a very long time b4 the path gets repaired and doubts the car parks will ever re open again,I hope she is wrong it was one of the best spots we went to.........:cry::cry::cry:

NeilD
26-08-2014, 17:12
Any one been down since march to stay overnight,this is such a great spot and would love to go in September,thanks for any replies

Neil

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS