PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for stops - UK to Marbella Spain

buxtonguy
26-04-2011, 19:01
Must be a number of wildcampers made the trip I hope to do in October - UK (Midlands) to Marbella in Spain. Intend spending about 7 days to get there, a couple of weeks on the Med coast, and then maybe a 5 day return to the UK. I'm quite experienced in Wildcamping in the UK and would prefer to Wildcamp and use Aires for the trip (altho maybe a once a week treat on a site for a shower !!!)
Any suggestions for good routes/stopovers appreciated
Thanks
John

kenspain
26-04-2011, 19:42
If you are coming this way to Alicante there are plenty places this way that are safe if you ask me again nearer the time your leaving i will ask my Spanish friends were i live for the safe stop overs.

vanderville
17-09-2011, 14:13
We would like some info. on stop-overs between Perpignan and Alicante . We will be on the road the week ending 30th. Sept . 2011 and need some advice.

All the best, Bob and Rose.

David & Ann
17-09-2011, 14:18
Must be a number of wildcampers made the trip I hope to do in October - UK (Midlands) to Marbella in Spain. Intend spending about 7 days to get there, a couple of weeks on the Med coast, and then maybe a 5 day return to the UK. I'm quite experienced in Wildcamping in the UK and would prefer to Wildcamp and use Aires for the trip (altho maybe a once a week treat on a site for a shower !!!)
Any suggestions for good routes/stopovers appreciated
Thanks
John

If that is the only reason you will go into a campsite, for a shower, don't bother. Save yourself the cost by boiling your kettle, fill up a watering can (with a rose)with cold water leaving enough space to pour the boiling water into the watering can. Find a secluded place. Get the Mrs to pour the water while you soap yourself. Reverse the procedure. That is what I always do for the last 50 years.☺ It is great fun and good for a laugh.

scubydoo
01-11-2011, 08:47
Although we live in the East Midlands we have a house in Spain (Pinoso- Alicante region). We will be on our way down to Algeciras on 4th November to cross over to Morocco. When we last visited the area we found a Wild camping Spot on the beach at Sotogrande just north NE of Gibroltar where we intend to be on the night of 6th November. We will also try and park up aroundTorre del Mar and other places along the coast.
Hope that helps

Byronic
01-11-2011, 10:18
Although we live in the East Midlands we have a house in Spain (Pinoso- Alicante region). We will be on our way down to Algeciras on 4th November to cross over to Morocco. When we last visited the area we found a Wild camping Spot on the beach at Sotogrande just north NE of Gibroltar where we intend to be on the night of 6th November. We will also try and park up aroundTorre del Mar and other places along the coast.
Hope that helps

You will nearly always be able to wildcamp outside Gib itself on the Spanish side of the frontier, just keep well away from the Brit reg RV,, he has the loudest of loud generators a complete a**e. Just east of Torreguadiaro wildcamping was tolerated last year no facilities tho. There's always the carparking outside Lidls at Palmones just off the N340 east bound near Algeciras where many Morocco bound M/homes park up and get tickets. Ok for a night or two. Last year it was ok to wildcamp between the two beach campsites at Torre del Mar, and on the virtually unoccupied housing development nearby.

patricia
01-11-2011, 10:25
we always stop on the sea front by sunset beach hotel@ Benalmadena police drive up & down all the time never ask you to move on .

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS