PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with parking in Cheshire

Cheshire01
27-04-2011, 11:50
Does anyone know of anywhere in Cheshire where we can just pull up and maybe stay overnight and do a spot of fishing while we're there? We'd just like somewhere nice to chill out right next to a lake or river this coming weekend. We don't mind paying for a day ticket or even a site if we can park next to the waters edge.
Thanks in anticipation.

Ste
27-04-2011, 15:07
You could try the River Weaver. Acton Bridge has the Riverside Inn which I think has its own campsite, and across the bridge is the Leigh Arms. This had closed at one time, but might have reopened, but has huge car park, if you eat in pub, they'll prob ok with you overnighting. (53.280534,-2.600074 on gm). no idea on fishing rights though, but the Trent & Mersey Canal is just 200 yrds up the hill too.

Cheshire01
27-04-2011, 16:27
Many thanks Ste

Keith777
17-01-2015, 18:36
The camp site is actuallY next door, it's called Woodbine camp site, Woodbine cottage, cw8 3 qb.
Cheers Keith.

izwozral
18-01-2015, 06:22
There is fishing at Lymm Dam and the occasional MH has stayed overnight in the car park there or there is fishing on the Bridgewater Canal with lay-by at The Old No.3 pub adjacent.

centerman
24-03-2015, 18:55
Does anyone know of anywhere in Cheshire where we can just pull up and maybe stay overnight and do a spot of fishing while we're there? We'd just like somewhere nice to chill out right next to a lake or river this coming weekend. We don't mind paying for a day ticket or even a site if we can park next to the waters edge.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Ste,
Holmston Hall has 3 lakes no more than 100m to 2 of these from your van. Parking cost is 14.00 and fishing 6.00 a day. I go regular as it gets a good group and fishing is not the hardest. Had plenty of Carp my biggest around 15lb biggest I have seen was 22lb. In summer I fish mostly on the pole using dog biscuits on top last season was 28 carp 1 day all on pole average weight over 9lb each couldn't fish next 2 days knackered. You can fish for smaller fish on Moat lake and bag up most days.

Not the cheapest to stay but always a good visit give it a go link below takes you to site and directions.

Have fun

Brian

page7 (http://www.holmstonhall.co.uk/page7.html)

Dmntart
17-07-2016, 19:01
Day/night tickets available they will allow overnight parking if you have been fishing

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS