PDA

View Full Version : Warning for blue bank

shardav
30-04-2011, 12:58
Hi all watch out if wilding at blue bank as was up there friday night 29th april and there was some (i can only take it locals) that thought it funny to throw eggs at my van waking me and the wife and then tearing off down the hill with no lights on and then about ten minutes later coming back up the hill and about to stop when i turned all my lights on making them drive off so we decided to leave i can only describe the car/pickup as 4x4 blue/green toyota type so wont be going to yorkshire again if thats the way they want to treat us ill spend my money somewhere else it is a shame as like to go to whitby quite alot

coolasluck
30-04-2011, 13:08
Its just bad luck,they are not brave enough to do it to you during the day.
Its always during the night and in a group,normally,just like your playground bully,only ever affective in groups.

shardav
30-04-2011, 13:37
hi coolasluck yes it looked like there was three of them and as you say they would not do it during the day

coolasluck
30-04-2011, 13:52
Since November 2009 we have only ever had 2 occasions whilst wilding where we were disturbed.One was whilst listening to the radio in the van and chatting to the wife it would appear 3 cars pulled up and a tosser(s) decided to bang on the side of the van and then ran off got back into the car and drove off.From the light to the darkness outside it took a while for me to adjust my eyes and see them.Problem is on my own i would tackle anyone no matter how big,but when you are with your better half in the van you have to think of her as well.I know its difficult but you just have to go elsewhere,just dont let it put you off wilding,personally i would leave most car parks alone as well.Dont let the tossers ruin it for you.

wilthebeast
30-04-2011, 18:33
Hi shardav

Dont let these sad Ba$tards put you off yorkshire, you can get them anywhere, and all in all yorkshire folk are very friendly
We have been to blue bank many times and have never had a problem

Having said that get one on his own and he will sh!t his pants.
So dont give up on YORKSHIRE:wacko:

shardav
30-04-2011, 19:18
hi willthebeast well i wasnt the only one there was about 8 of us but i was the one nearer the road so the one with the target on but why do these tossers do these things perhaps we need to hide in the bushes and when they come back for another go we give them a good slap

wilthebeast
30-04-2011, 19:47
Hi shardav
that is maybe a good idea , lets some of us have a meet at blue bank on a certain date and be waiting for them, having said that we maybe there a month and they wont come back .
I think it was just a one off, BUT if any other of our members have had the same thing happen to them please let us know

kenjones
30-04-2011, 20:52
It would be a shame to write off the whole of Yorkshire for a few d**kheads.
On the main Whitby to Scarbourgh road, A171 about 5 miles from Whitby not far south of the Flask Inn and caravan site on the same side is an unused stretch of the old road which has been bypassed, look for the bit on the top of the hill where the moors footpath comes in. I've never been disturbed there. It's just out of site of a fast stretch of main road and traffic usually goes straight past.
Was disturbed beside the Redcar to Marske road by a couple of drunken idiots in a Corsa banging on the van at 2am a while ago. Trouble is that by the time you realise what is happening they have fled.

grath
30-04-2011, 21:13
We had a similar incident a few weeks ago at Conway Marina. No eggs but I counted 24 of them. All around 15 to about 20 years of age. They sat on the folding step, and as I went to open the door to see what was going on, they also tried to open it! We had daughters dog with us and it let out one hell of a big deep bark and they ran away!
We then just moved on and thankfully no damage!

edit
We most probably will return as we have spent many a night there without any problems!

kimbowbill
30-04-2011, 21:32
Hi shardav
Its a real shame when this happens, i'm sorry that u've had to experience it in yorkshire, hopefully its a one off for you, try Scarborough, i've never had any trouble in the Sea Life centre.

Jenny

yorkslass
01-05-2011, 19:30
Hi all watch out if wilding at blue bank as was up there friday night 29th april and there was some (i can only take it locals) that thought it funny to throw eggs at my van waking me and the wife and then tearing off down the hill with no lights on and then about ten minutes later coming back up the hill and about to stop when i turned all my lights on making them drive off so we decided to leave i can only describe the car/pickup as 4x4 blue/green toyota type so wont be going to yorkshire again if thats the way they want to treat us ill spend my money somewhere else it is a shame as like to go to whitby quite alot

sorry to hear you had a bad experience, have stayed there many times without prblems. We have also stayed an a parking area not far from there but off the main road.When you pass blue bank going towards pickering take the second right,signed goathland i think,not far on, cross cattle grid, parking just on right.qute hard to see from main road but i guess wherever you are if the idiots are out to make mischief they will find you.

Canalsman
01-05-2011, 19:55
We have also stayed an a parking area not far from there but off the main road.When you pass blue bank going towards pickering take the second right,signed goathland i think,not far on, cross cattle grid, parking just on right.qute hard to see from main road but i guess wherever you are if the idiots are out to make mischief they will find you.

This spot, along with Blue Bank, is in the POI download ...

coolasluck
01-05-2011, 20:40
This spot, along with Blue Bank, is in the POI download ...

Your not trying to sell her a product are you Canalsmen:D

Canalsman
01-05-2011, 22:32
Your not trying to sell her a product are you Canalsmen:D

Would I? ;) ;)

barryd
01-05-2011, 23:14
Why is it always this country? You never hear of this happening abroad. I may have rose coloured specticals on but I have found the youngsters in other parts of Europe have much more respect than the little sh1ts do here.

They should bring back national service if you ask me.

Pollik
02-05-2011, 06:15
Why is it always this country? You never hear of this happening abroad. I may have rose coloured specticals on but I have found the youngsters in other parts of Europe have much more respect than the little sh1ts do here.

I was just thinking the same thing. I regularly wild on my own, but stories like this one worry me. In France, I have never had a moment's worry, not even in the bigger towns and cities...been in France three months, this time. In the UK I have spent only 3 weeks wilding and have moved on 4 times. When I drove buses for a short while, I had some problems, too, but never on the Saturdaynight drunk run...it is the kids that are the main problem, I think.

Eggs are bugger to clean off, though, aren't they?

Polly

Tbear
02-05-2011, 08:36

Hi Barryd,

I agree that these thugs need a lessons in personal pride, responsibility and respect but I think my friends in the armed forces have enough on at present without having to deal with these thugs. Perhaps the answer is closer to their homes in that the people responsible for them ie their parents should be held responseable for them.

Richard

barryd
02-05-2011, 08:53
I have to be honest, I would find this sort of thing pretty upsetting and would just drive away. I'm not as good on my legs as I used to be and you just wouldn't know what you were confronting.

I love wilding but pick my spots very carefully. If you cant feel relaxed there is no point IMO. I avoid car parks near towns if at all possible and seek out rural stops miles from anywhere. The tell tale signs of skid marks let me know the boy racer brigade are never far away. They aren't so much threatening as just plain annoying. However we stopped last spring at St Margaret's on Cliff near Dover before heading off for Europe the next day. Some of these little turds turned up in about 3 cars. Effing and blinding and causing a nuisance. They left after a while but not before they unleashed a tirade of abuse at us and the other two vans parked up in what would have been a superb spot.

I couldn't relax after that and moved down to Marine Parade where I know it will be noisy but the Rozzers drive past every half hour. I couldn't get out of England fast enough!

The next evening we were sat on a free Aire somewhere in France enjoying a drink or 8 with the sun shining, peace and quiet apart from the welcome sound of the odd diesel engine chugging in to find a spot. Bliss. No wonder we all head off to the continent as much as we do!

Haaamster
03-05-2011, 07:12
Maybe the eggs were to find out if anyone was in,hence the reason they came back and scarpered when you turned your lights on.

stevenm5264
12-05-2011, 13:02
just spent tuesday night at bluebank with no problems

mandrake
12-05-2011, 20:34
need a nice paint ball gun , give em a few rounds with that ,then you could charge them for a repaint of there little pocket rockets :cool1:

John Thompson
13-05-2011, 06:48

Regretfully not so. We toured Normandy last summer and at Veulette-sur-mer Aire we and others on the Aire were disturbed by a car driving around and through the adjacent car park with its horn blaring and the occupants shouting at 2:00am. Again they shot away into the night.

It seems this is a new sport for the younger generation.

Old_Arthur
13-05-2011, 07:04
we spent saturday night there to go to the car boot sunday morning along with another 2 m/h and a car with no probs
we must be lucky really because a part from friendly people pipping at us through the night we have never been bothered any-ware in the last 5yrs

Lorry Ball
13-05-2011, 11:53
I've been thinking of getting some air bomb fireworks (1inch x 12inch long)
to shoot at an angle of 45* towards the car/cars....
Would you think this would be a good idea...

:wacko:

Lorry :drive:

shardav
13-05-2011, 18:06
need a nice paint ball gun , give em a few rounds with that ,then you could charge them for a repaint of there little pocket rockets :cool1:

what a fantastic idea where can i get one i would have loved to have given them a couple of rounds when they came back:lol-049:

Olive Oil
13-05-2011, 18:34
Hi all - new to this site and our first time joining in on a thread - we are full timers (third month in now) - mostly in and around Yorkshire and most nights have been great, but once a week or so, someone always drives past whilst there's a good chance that my partner and I are sleeping and beep their horn - which between 11 and 7? is actually a motoring offense - not that anyone is going to do anything about it. Apart from that, no problems apart from one night in a car park in Harrogate there were three or four boy racers out at midnight screeching around in circles for five minutes - but I reckon they know to move on quite quickly as we could always use a mobile phone to call the police for a breach of the peace at that time of night - and if you're (very) lucky, you might get a police car coming to check out the disturbance - has anyone had any luck with having the police move these young lads on? I'm not sure if I'd get as much of a questionning from the Police as anything else, so have chosen not to make those calls.

Mark D
13-05-2011, 20:12
I don't work for the police but I work very closely with the traffic lads in Whitby. When I'm out with them I'll look out for the vehicle and ask them to.

Problem is with Whitby is it attracts idiots from all over so they prob were not locals

yorkslass
13-05-2011, 20:15
I've been thinking of getting some air bomb fireworks (1inch x 12inch long)
to shoot at an angle of 45* towards the car/cars....
Would you think this would be a good idea...

:wacko:

Lorry :drive:

have been wondering wether to get an air horn- might give them the fright of their lives-lets face it they are basically cowards ,they only come out when they can hunt in packs.Could give us the last laugh.

VeeDub
14-05-2011, 13:00
Just a comment ... In my alter-ego existence as a trucker even WE experience this sort of thing occasionally. As tempting as it is to retaliate I have found that this only provokes the silly sods into an ever-increasing game of tit-for-tat and ensures a completely sleepless night wondering what sort of damage one might wake up to find.

If it really is that bad - just count to ten and move on (whilst making a mental note not to park there again).

kenjones
14-05-2011, 14:51
Just a comment ... In my alter-ego existence as a trucker even WE experience this sort of thing occasionally. As tempting as it is to retaliate I have found that this only provokes the silly sods into an ever-increasing game of tit-for-tat and ensures a completely sleepless night wondering what sort of damage one might wake up to find.

If it really is that bad - just count to ten and move on (whilst making a mental note not to park there again).

You are right VeeDub.
I sometimes experience anti social behaviour from cider drinking youths at the rear of my house. Any confrontation only makes things worse. Keeping a low profile and switching a light on usually makes them move on. They don't like to be seen.

Old_Arthur
14-05-2011, 19:12
heeee innt 50s when i wara lad we'd creep down paddy gallagher's path and knock on his door he'd chase us for mile's :o only one in lane who would guess who's door we always knocked on :dance:

mandrake
14-05-2011, 19:26
well we all would love to retaliate but it is not worth it realy , we have wild camped for years and lived in our van for 18 months , and to tell you all the truth we have come across trouble only once. ok there are the ones that pip there horns and that we put up with you only hear them when you are awake . i think that in the end you park up in a place that you enjoy and 99.9% of the time you have a nice time, every now and again some silly sod spoils it . we are not going to give up our pleasure for a few dick heads, anyway when we got bothered i happend to manage to recognise the car a few days later parked up at ogmor by sea and got my own back, ok a screw driver through the radiator grill its naughty but nice :cool1: but i dont care mabey they could have saved the eggs they chucked at our van to put in the radiator to bung up the leak :dnd::have fun:

yorkslass
15-05-2011, 08:12
:
heeee innt 50s when i wara lad we'd creep down paddy gallagher's path and knock on his door he'd chase us for mile's :o only one in lane who would guess who's door we always knocked on :dance:

eeh, i bet tha were a right little tinker when tha were a lad. on a more serious note point taken.

Old_Arthur
15-05-2011, 18:18
:

eeh, i bet tha were a right little tinker when tha were a lad. on a more serious note point taken.
believe me he caught more than one of us and gave us a right slapping :lol-053: if you were last you had to trip kid in front up eeh life wer tough in pit villages then

adycol
27-06-2012, 15:45
Hi shardav

Dont let these sad Ba$tards put you off yorkshire, you can get them anywhere, and all in all yorkshire folk are very friendly
We have been to blue bank many times and have never had a problem

Having said that get one on his own and he will sh!t his pants.
So dont give up on YORKSHIRE:wacko:

im from whitby people are nice.you probably got some lads out having what they thought as fun,ignore them x

howardjones
14-07-2013, 20:39
Just spent last night on Blue Bank. Absolutely no problems at all. We were one of about 5 overnighting. Also stayed at Inn on the moor. Goathland and we're made very welcome.

Smaug
14-07-2013, 22:01
Interesting to note that these problems seem to mostly occur where vans tend to congregate. I suppose that the kids are bored & decide to "go up Blue Bank where them old tossers are always dossing & have lark" Then loads of giggling as they try to imagine what they may have disturbed.

If you can park up out of sight & well away from other vans no-one will know you are there so you don't get disturbed. OK so it isn't always possible, but it is worth aiming for if you want a quiet night.

channa
14-07-2013, 22:44
Interesting to note that these problems seem to mostly occur where vans tend to congregate. I suppose that the kids are bored & decide to "go up Blue Bank where them old tossers are always dossing & have lark" Then loads of giggling as they try to imagine what they may have disturbed.

Old tossers ? , speak for yourself, I might be a tosser but not that old.

I have stopped at Blue bank ( only van there) .....and no problems, When I do have the boy racer types giggling and plying their mischief, they soon mellow when they see a large dog that looks ready for feeding.

Channa

Smaug
15-07-2013, 08:11
Old tossers ? , speak for yourself, I might be a tosser but not that old.

I have stopped at Blue bank ( only van there) .....and no problems, When I do have the boy racer types giggling and plying their mischief, they soon mellow when they see a large dog that looks ready for feeding.

Channa

You don't think that teenagers think you are "one of their own" do you? Anyone over 21 is an old tosser to 18-20 year olds. I take it your memory of those days yourself is fading rapidly . . . :lol-049:

yorkslass
15-07-2013, 14:26
I try and leave the curtains open as late as poss. they don't want to be seen getting up to mischief.

Smaug
15-07-2013, 14:43
I try and leave the curtains open as late as poss. they don't want to be seen getting up to mischief.

I have found that kids dossing around boats on the harbourside will vanish like a puff of smoke if you stand & point a smart phone at them. They know they are being filmed & that you can call the police too. I suppose bigger lads might just come & beat you up & nick the phone tho . . .

campervanannie
01-02-2014, 12:20
We parked up in Barry Island made a cuppa while drinking and enjoying the view we looked across the road there was a bloke 30ish sat on the wall sticking a needle in his arm. We have never been to B.I since apologies to the nice people that live there but it was mid afternoon. so a few eggs in Yorkshire not nice but can live with it LOVE THE IDEA OF PAINTBALLING THEM

vespalien
01-02-2014, 13:38

Didn't Kenspain report an attack where a camper was injured in Spain the other week? Eggs are simply childish pranks alongside a robbery with violence. Anyway, all such incidents are worrying but do seem to be very rare.

Frances
01-02-2014, 16:10
We parked up in Barry Island made a cuppa while drinking and enjoying the view we looked across the road there was a bloke 30ish sat on the wall sticking a needle in his arm. We have never been to B.I since apologies to the nice people that live there but it was mid afternoon. so a few eggs in Yorkshire not nice but can live with it LOVE THE IDEA OF PAINTBALLING THEM

I have a couple of diabetic friends who often do the same thing.

vespalien
01-02-2014, 17:10
I have a couple of diabetic friends who often do the same thing.

What, Paintball people they are frightened of, or inject insulin in public? :confused:

campervanannie
01-02-2014, 18:38
Don't, want to stereo type but trust me he was not injecting insulin .I myself have self injected Etenercept enbrel for the last 5 years using a pen type but never slouched against a wall with a bottle of alcohol at my side (I should be so lucky ) for those who do not know etenercept is a drug for arthritis. not some fancy new recreational juice.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS