PDA

View Full Version : Pensarn and Llandulas

fofeg101
02-05-2011, 07:33
We're travelling down the Welsh coast in a few days time, is there any issues with overnighting on the beach car parks at Pensarn or Llandulas? Thanks.

Bigpeetee
02-05-2011, 08:09
Pensarn has just had height barriers installed, because of one incident of Irish Travellers.

Let the council know that you can't use the amusements etc as a tourist.

Llandulas does have a couple of moth eaten signs saying no overnight on one car park, but not the other. Quite a few people stay overnight when fishing with no problem.If you look at the poi, there is another spot just away from the beach that's very quiet.

The whole of Old Colwyn prom is very popular, if you get there early, the Eastern end has a little area but not recommended if there are strong Northerly winds!! Best area in the bay for fishing so I'm told (No guarantees!!)

fofeg101
02-05-2011, 08:33
Thanks Pete.

Canalsman
02-05-2011, 12:36
Pensarn has just had height barriers installed, because of one incident of Irish Travellers.

Let the council know that you can't use the amusements etc as a tourist.

Llandulas does have a couple of moth eaten signs saying no overnight on one car park, but not the other. Quite a few people stay overnight when fishing with no problem.If you look at the poi, there is another spot just away from the beach that's very quiet.

The whole of Old Colwyn prom is very popular, if you get there early, the Eastern end has a little area but not recommended if there are strong Northerly winds!! Best area in the bay for fishing so I'm told (No guarantees!!)

Thanks for the update - I've removed Pensarn from the POI, and added the spot at Colwyn Bay.

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS