PDA

View Full Version : France in October with toddlers?

Dublin Mum
06-05-2011, 14:42
Hi,

We are hoping to spend just over a fortnight in France in the beginning of October. Our children will be 3 1/2 and just gone 2 by then.

We will be sailing into Cherbourg, and are looking at using a combination of wildcamping and aires, as well as campervan parks with activities etc for the children.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this time of year?

Thanks in advance.

vwalan
06-05-2011, 19:06
hi. lots of aires and normally park in just about any village town at that time of year ,but sites are usually closed . you maybe lucky but dont hold your breathe. i,m sure you will have a good time .recomend tour the coast of brittany . its the best part of france. have fun .cheers alan.

vera
06-05-2011, 20:06
Might be worth you getting an ACSI card to save money on camp sites that are still open as it will be low season,
You can always check their website first for open sites

Hope you have a good holiday
Sue
:banana:

baloothebear
07-05-2011, 05:42
Here's all the Municipal camp sites. These are run by a town or village and can be very affordable CLICKY (http://www.camping-municipal.org/index.htm)

Hobbsy
07-05-2011, 07:45
ill be going again in september...my kids are 6 and 9 now though!
we went last year and it was awsome, we camped in a yelloh village park, if you look on there website, sign up and they will send you offers. they are like a haven type of park! I wilded and have to recommend a visit to honfleur, and Le mont saint michel - have to pay to park at these but its not much. (honfleur has hook up and water posts). if you want to know more, pm me!

Dublin Mum
07-05-2011, 09:43
Thank you so much for all your advice and suggestions. Pretty new to all of this- only bought our first camper last month, and so far have only travelled around Ireland.

Thanks again to everyone.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS