PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield area

nannienz
09-05-2011, 15:17
My nephew is getting married early August and we are looking for somewhere safe to park for two nights near Bradfield Village Hall or somewhere that has easy access to the tram system. Many thanks.

Henrym
10-05-2011, 01:54
You may be able to park in the grounds of the village hall - check with your nephew. Is it Low or High Bradfield?
Nearest accessible car parks I know are at Loxley Common, either (a) off Long Lane, on road into Sheffield. Turn left up Long Lane just as you reach continuous houses (before the Admiral Rodney). At top of hill, drive along Bridleway on right (53.4150 -1.5420) to parking area. This is remote.
(b) parking area at East of Loxley Common (53.4136 -1.5212) is close to bus stops (and urchins!). Left at Admiral Rodney along Rodney Hill, Left along Rural Lane.
There could be some openings on the south side of the Damflask reservoir.

Hope this helps....

kimbowbill
10-05-2011, 08:01
Hi

you could try this place, its a bit far from bradfield but its a lovely spot, ideal for walking53.381767,-1.563342

Jen

Higgy
10-05-2011, 08:24
I would try the Village Hall in the first instance, you could always ask
Joan or Mandy at the Plough Inn which is only a short walk from the Hall.

The Summer months attract the car thieves from all over, they break in and then
hand the stuff to someone on a motorcycle and hey ho an hour later cads etc have
been used all over the place.

They target the places where hikers leave the cars and some even dress up as though
they themselves are out for a days stroll.

Lovely place to visit as I lived nearby and worked in the area.

nannienz
10-05-2011, 15:35
Thanks for the information.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS