PDA

View Full Version : Stevenage Stop Over

Stuart Tracy and Bob
09-05-2011, 15:31
Hi, We are looking for somewhere to stay in or very near Stevenage on the weekend of July 8th-10th for the Sonisphere Festival. I would be very grateful for any help or info anyone might have !

Don't go to many festivals but the line-up for this year looks excellent.

Regards, Stuart

DRS
18-05-2011, 21:59
Hi Stuart, You could try the Roaring Meg retail park. This is about 800 yards from the entrance to Knebworth House. Just turn onto the A602 off the A1 opposite the entrance to Knewbworth House and turn left on the second roundabout. There are several carparks in that area so you can take your pick. Only draw back is crossing the roundabout over the A1 on foot.

Bonnierider
18-05-2011, 22:26
There are plenty of car parks across the A1 in Stevo proper, but personally I'd worry about security. I only ever hear about the retail parks in the context of something getting nicked, but to be fair that may just be down to my job. I didn't bother looking in detail, but the difference in ticket price with or without camping doesn't look that much, and there's an area for campervans set aside? Not exactly "wild", I know..

Stuart Tracy and Bob
19-05-2011, 11:46
Hi Stuart, You could try the Roaring Meg retail park. This is about 800 yards from the entrance to Knebworth House. Just turn onto the A602 off the A1 opposite the entrance to Knewbworth House and turn left on the second roundabout. There are several carparks in that area so you can take your pick. Only draw back is crossing the roundabout over the A1 on foot.

Hi, We were in the area yesterday and looked at that retail park. Eventually we have been able to sort out staying on someone's driveway about a mile and a half away from J7 of the A1 M, so we will walk there and back at night.

Thanks anyway ! Stuart.

Stuart Tracy and Bob
19-05-2011, 11:50
There are plenty of car parks across the A1 in Stevo proper, but personally I'd worry about security. I only ever hear about the retail parks in the context of something getting nicked, but to be fair that may just be down to my job. I didn't bother looking in detail, but the difference in ticket price with or without camping doesn't look that much, and there's an area for campervans set aside? Not exactly "wild", I know..

Hi, All of the Campervan tickets were sold out so we've had to try to make other arrangments. The retail parks would be risky I believe !. Parking quite a distance but walkable there and back. Fingers crossed.

Stuart Tracy and Bob
20-05-2011, 18:29

Hello, Just out of interest, are there lots of reported problems with theft in that part of Stevenage then ?. I ask because we'll be staying very near to that part of the town, so should we be extra vigilant too ?. Stuart.

Bonnierider
21-05-2011, 01:11
I made the observation because I'm involved in the criminal justice system in Hertfordshire, and personally would not leave anything unattended in any of the retail parks. Actually, I would not leave anything unattended in Stevenage town centre full stop, but if I absolutely had to, would use the car parks around the Leisure Park, which are covered by Town Centre CCTV.

Stuart Tracy and Bob
21-05-2011, 16:36
I made the observation because I'm involved in the criminal justice system in Hertfordshire, and personally would not leave anything unattended in any of the retail parks. Actually, I would not leave anything unattended in Stevenage town centre full stop, but if I absolutely had to, would use the car parks around the Leisure Park, which are covered by Town Centre CCTV.

Hi, Our offer of the driveway is off now but we've been lucky enough to arrange to park up on the North Hertfordshire College car park, right next door to Asda on the edge of the town centre of Stevenage. Hopefully this will be safer than other parking areas in the town. I think they have CCTV on there too. Fingers majorly crossed. Hope that has'nt come on to your radar as a break-in black spot !

Regards, Stuart.

Stuart Tracy and Bob
13-06-2011, 20:31

Hell All,

C'mon folks, we need help with this. If anyone knows someone in Stevenage where we can park-up to sleep for that weekend please let me know !. Its the 8th - 10th of July by the way.

Thanks, Stuart.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS