PDA

View Full Version : Wildcamp

Nikkim
21-05-2011, 17:30
Hi there,

A friend and I are looking to wild camp in a tent in Ayr, Ayrshire, or somewhere within about a 20 mile radius, but we're not quite sure where to go as we don't really know where we're allowed to camp, and where we are not. Not looking for anything in particular just a place with some peace and quiet really, any ideas and suggestions would be a great help to us :)

nomad-col
21-05-2011, 18:09
Hi,
have a look at Scotland Hotels, Travel and Country Guide | By Scotland Channel (http://www.outdooraccess.scotland.com) (taken from a Scottish caravan and camping brochure.) I hope its of help to you
Colin

Marcs
21-05-2011, 19:58
I don't know Ayr but can recommend the beach park in Ardeer which is maybe within the 20 miles, not too much further if not.

Nikkim
21-05-2011, 20:25
Just did a quick google for ardeer beach park, and it came up that it's a nudist beach..Is that only a certain portion of the beach or the whole of the beach?

Capitallols
21-05-2011, 20:43
hey, I'm the friend in question :)

we're looking for somewhere as a little chillaxing time before uni. we've ruled out places like greenan castle and stuff cos of the locals.

Marcs
21-05-2011, 21:47
I've been down there many times and never noticed any though on reflection someone did mention that to me once aswell, I dare say you have to find them rather than them find you, it's a real nice big quiet place, have a look round on google earth I'm sure you'll find something.

I dont know where you are coming from but I wouldn't personally want to wild camp in a tent in Scotland though, I'd suggest sleeping in a life jacket!

Nikkim
21-05-2011, 22:33
Haha! We know what typical Scottish weather is like, we're both from the Ayr region. Ardeer beach looks pretty nice, though we're not sure how we would get there since we would be traveling by bus most likely. If you have any other suggestions, there always welcomed :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS