PDA

View Full Version : Caen Port Area

Nosha
22-05-2011, 15:15
Just wondered if anyone has used an Aires near the port of Caen please??

Traveling back back late on a Sunday night and wanted to be close for an early crossing on Monday morning - Thanks!

BambiOwner
22-05-2011, 15:55
When we were at Caen last year there was loads of room just out side of the port gates we all stayed there and there was 15 of us on a rally from my old club

Nosha
26-05-2011, 18:43
Many thanks for that Bambi, Archies lists two aires/wild camps on the road leading back to the port and a couple round the coast to Lion-sur-Mer.

I will check out the ones on the road on the way out, ready for my return; and will report back here on my return!

shortcircuit
26-05-2011, 19:14
I assume you mean the ferry port at Ouistreham? Have stayed at the aires which virtually overlooks the port. Now charges 8 euros paid by card which also gives 100lt ? of water. If you can't get in here then plenty park outside on the coastal road or as has been suggested the car parks near the port. You will not need an alarm clock as the ferries turn 180 degrees on arrival and its very impressive but a bit noisy. There is a camp site on the outskirts heading to Caen

Nosha
27-05-2011, 16:16
Many thanks once again, well as I won't need 100ltrs of water I'll have look at the other two I've found plus the outside parking; especially as we'll be arriving back very late.

Nosha
20-06-2011, 21:15
Got back tonight, well last night there were NO other motorhomes parked up in or around the port; and as I had a friend with a caravan with us we headed back to the municiple site just off the roundabout where the road splits for 'car ferry' and 'port' on Due de la Hale Breton, but it closes at 10:00pm!

There are bays either side of the road but are rather narrow, at the site gate there's a sign saying 'P 100mtrs'. This 'P' is a small gravel carpark with NO restrictions; however it is next to a house in a residential street so don't run engines and slam doors or we'll loose it I'm sure. There was enough room for the caravan & car to park unhitched plus us and room for a couple more so is a reasonable size and is VERY quiet!

iwm
20-06-2011, 21:25
The park is next to a house in a residential street so don't run engines and slam doors or we'll loose it I'm sure.

Great advice Nosha - I hope that all that read your message will comply on this parking place and on any others, wherever, that have habitation nearby.

Best Wishes

IanM

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS