PDA

View Full Version : Safe Nights Ireland - Can I join from the UK?

SkegnessSue
23-05-2011, 18:40
Hi there,

I have downloaded the form so that I can subscribe to SNI - Home - SNI Ireland. Safe RV Motorhome parking (http://www.safenightsireland.com/) but I'm a little concerned as I have to send a cheque off for 10 euros. My cheque book being a uk cheque book comes printed with GBP cheques only and I do not know if the recipient will be able to cash UK cheques? I was just going to write a cheque out for 10.00 as the exchange rate is almost on par but there's no point sending it off, if it is not an accepted payment method in Ireland. There is no contact tel no to ring SNI - so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sue

georgert1
23-05-2011, 21:40
Hi there,

I have downloaded the form so that I can subscribe to SNI - Home - SNI Ireland. Safe RV Motorhome parking (http://www.safenightsireland.com/) but I'm a little concerned as I have to send a cheque off for 10 euros. My cheque book being a uk cheque book comes printed with GBP cheques only and I do not know if the recipient will be able to cash UK cheques? I was just going to write a cheque out for 10.00 as the exchange rate is almost on par but there's no point sending it off, if it is not an accepted payment method in Ireland. There is no contact tel no to ring SNI - so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sue

Hello Sue, I have looked on the S.N.I.Ireland site and found a phone number ,I have tried it but it isnt correct I think there is a digit missing, however there is an Email address which is; frankryanskulehill@hotmail.com I found this number by going to their site and clicking on BECOME A SNI IRELAND LOCATION ,HOPE THIS INFO IS OF HELP. George. :cool1:

SkegnessSue
24-05-2011, 00:35
Oh George - you are a star! I will contact the gentleman tomorrow and find out what I need to do. :D

Thank you so much for your very kind assistance. :dance::dance:

Sue x

Jo001
24-05-2011, 12:14
This looks really interesting - please will you post an update about the cheque when you hear back from them as I'd be interested in joining the scheme too.

Many thanks,

Jo

SkegnessSue
27-05-2011, 15:51
Hi,

I have sent off my subscription and to be honest I have sent a a 10 euro note folded up inside the application form as that is what the chap at SNI suggested I do when I emailed him. I know this is not adviseable and I would not normally be so silly, but I decided to risk it and just hope it arrives there ok! Fingers crossed it will do and I will receive my membership card sometime during the next week.

Sue

Linner
10-06-2011, 07:45
Hi Sue,

We are planning our first trip round Ireland this summer and I was going to join Safe Nights Ireland. To be honest I was just a bit hesitant to send off a cheque and a copy of a utility bill and just wanted to check if everything went to plan with joining SNI?? Also how did you find the locations??

Any other advice you can giver about travelling round Ireland would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Lynne

SkegnessSue
16-06-2011, 19:48
Hi Sue,

We are planning our first trip round Ireland this summer and I was going to join Safe Nights Ireland. To be honest I was just a bit hesitant to send off a cheque and a copy of a utility bill and just wanted to check if everything went to plan with joining SNI?? Also how did you find the locations??

Any other advice you can giver about travelling round Ireland would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Lynne

Hi Lynne,

I ended up chancing it and sent off a 10 euro note and the chap I emailed said I did not need to send a utility bill etc. Within a week of posting it I received my membership card and windscreen sticker back etc and I was very impressed with how quickly SNI responded.

We only arrived in Dublin a couple of days ago and at the moment we are staying on the Camac Valley Campsite but we leave here tomorrow and our plan is to use SNI and wildcamping spots for the vast majority of our stopovers during our 4 week trip around Ireland. So as soon as I have tested a few SNI locations out I will post my findings on the forum.

We had a great night in Dublin last night with our daughter and her little face was a picture when she walked into the bar and saw us both sitting there. She was gobsmacked and we all had a few tears!!!

The Irish are so friendly and so welcoming and if last night is anything to go by we are going to return home with some lovely memories.

Sue

Linner
20-06-2011, 13:58
Hi Sue,

Thanks very much for getting back to me. We've sent off the application form and will hopefully hear from them soon.

Hope you have a fantastic time!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Lynne :)

teen
20-06-2011, 20:49
My friend and I went round Ireland last yaer - two 60+ ladies in a van - had a wonderful time - only one problem, we solved that by going to the nearest Garda station, and asked them where we would be safe - they were very helpful and parked us in the Church grounds opposite the Garda station. I dont think we would have had a problem but it was halloween and a few lads where out to cause trouble. It is not good wild camping round Gallway town - the promanade used to be available but now Motorhomes are not even alowed to park during the day. Have fun

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS