PDA

View Full Version : insurance - a good price !

coventrycraig
29-05-2011, 17:28
Havent been on this site for ages because we havnt got a camper.

bought one the other day. a six berth autosleeper 2002 and needed to insure it.

had a look on here, a found a company called Comfort. In the past, paid approx 400 pound on our previous Ci, & Kontiki.

To my surprise, fully comp 280.00 which was bang on, i didnt mess around and so i snapped it up. I think thats very reasonable dont you?

I was expecting just over 400.

So thanks to this site !

Craig (Coventry):cool1:

Beemer
20-07-2011, 17:35
You was expecting over 400, and they quoted me over 400 ....I don't think so.. that would be over 100 past my renewal quote for this year!!!!!!
I have been quoted 330 from caravan guard and I am trying to get a quote to beat that..

maingate
20-07-2011, 18:35
On another forum, Saga have been praised for a good price and good handling of claims.

vwalan
20-07-2011, 19:23
i can vouch for saga on price and handling claims specialy abroad. shame they dont do 5ers i would be with them. if you are over 50 give em a go. cheers alan.

patricia
20-07-2011, 19:29
we are with comfort found them the cheapest we have never made a claim yet that,s when you find out how good they are.

John H
21-07-2011, 08:04
There is no simple answer to the question of insurance because it depends on your requirements, the age and value of the van etc - therefore, no figures are directly comparable. All I can tell you is that for our van and our requirements I have found Safeguard to be consistently the best value - by some margin - and Saga to be very expensive. You pays your money and you takes your choice.........

chas
27-07-2011, 13:58
Try Frank Pickles motorhome insurance. If thier terms of use and value of van fit the requirements, and of course if you have full NCB, I think they are unbeatable.

emmahudson88
30-09-2011, 03:29
You was expecting over 400, and they quoted me over 400 ....I don't think so.. that would be over 100 past my renewal quote for this year!!!!!!
I have been quoted 330 from caravan guard and I am trying to get a quote to beat that..

I also think so.

mandrake
30-09-2011, 08:00
be carefull of caravan guard ,i was insured with them and when i sold the van i canceled my cover .they said i owed them some money ,i said i dident i agreed on the 20 quid cacelation fee but that was all , so they refused to let me have my proof of ncb to forward on to my next company . i posted on here and was threatend with slander by there m/d the guy asked me to email him my reasons why i was having trouble ,which i did 4 times and he dident even have the decencey to reply ,there was no way i could get my ncb back untill i payed up ,which is ilegal to do . so i would never advise anybody to use them . oops he will more than likely have a go at me again for this slander i have just posted . use them if you will ,but i would never use them again .

mrbigglesworth
30-09-2011, 09:11
I'm with Shield Total Insurance, 210 for my self build. Needed 1 years ncb though.

Mr B.

angelaa
30-09-2011, 09:42
We insured with camping and caravanning club. Cant remember exactly but it was under 300. We had our caravan insured with them for few years before we changed to motorhome. We had one caravan stolen, and they paid out quickly and was handled very well.

MartianTom
30-09-2011, 22:23
I insured mine with Staveley Head, having found them through Go Compare.

The vehicle is a 1995 Fiat Ducato 1.9TD with a Ci conversion - 16-foot half-tonner. I had only one year's NCB and elected to have a 250 excess.

Fully comp, my annual premium was 164. I was dead chuffed with that. I was expecting around 500.

Why do I have the horrible feeling that someone's now going to say 'Oh noooo.... not Staveley Head!'

Devonlad
01-10-2011, 11:20
Got my Bessacarr 765 six berth value 26,500, up to 240 days continuous Europe cover, 20 million liability.
Windscreen cover, recovery if in accident, personal items if stolen, fully comp 165 with Discovery Leisure,last May part of the Enterprise group.

novice1968
01-10-2011, 15:57
i can vouch for saga on price and handling claims specialy abroad. shame they dont do 5ers i would be with them. if you are over 50 give em a go. cheers alan.

not my exoerience i am afraid foryears insured with saga then one holiday in france parked in motorway service car park While having breakfast inside a truck came in Damaged car Witness statements picutures of lorry licence and driver details. gaven to claim dept. Had my car repaired but Saga never bother to chase up the foroeign driver after months of inactivity I ended up lost of excess and incured one claim.
couple of yearslater i had an accident which was my fault, other driver tried to claim personal injury 5mph accident. Passed claim to Saga, again never did anything till suddenly a few months later received summon to court Eventually got Saga to sort it out after many calls and a stiff letter.
Left Saga insurance after that

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS