PDA

View Full Version : Going to italy

mlynnf50
01-06-2011, 14:06
We are thinking of going down the east coast of Italy from ancona on ward, everyone has been say its dangerous. What does everyone think. And any tips would be appreciated.

julie1
01-06-2011, 16:18
We are thinking of going down the east coast of Italy from ancona on ward, everyone has been say its dangerous. What does everyone think. And any tips would be appreciated.

Hello
We travelled from Rimini right down the East coast to the bottom of the heel of Italy (Puglia) last year. We were on our way to Greece departing from Brindisi and decided to explore the region. We didn't encounter any danger. The people were lovely and some parts of the coast particularly the coast around the Gargano National Park is particularly stunning. The only thing I can think of that was dangerous are the car drivers, they're absolutely bonkers. I wonder if the people you have asked are thinking of Naples. We haven't been so cannot comment but have read reports that it's not very safe.
We enjoyed it immensly and would go back.

Julie

julie1
01-06-2011, 16:25
Oops just realised this thread looks like it's been posted in the wrong forum.

Stuart Tracy and Bob
01-06-2011, 18:09

Hi, we've driven that same route and not had the slightest hint of any danger. Maybe we've just been lucky, but we wild camped at night on motorway services and had no problems at all. I think, as with most of these things, you can get into trouble anywhere if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time etc. Not sure either of any specificly high crime rate on the Italian east coast. I bet its not as high as some places in the U.K. We only stopped driving all the way down to Brindisi and Taranto when we realised that we could get better Ferries from Ancona to Greece anyway. Southern Italy is stunning and very friendly too. Enjoy the trip and just go for it !

Regards, Stuart.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS