PDA

View Full Version : Parking up in/near Settle

Dinkypen
17-06-2011, 15:18
Hi people - we're currently in Settle, looking to park up for the night. There are signs on the Greenfoot carpark in the town saying that you can park overnight but "no sleeping, no camping, no servicing of vehicles etc Does anybody know how strictly this is enforced?! Alternatively, can anybody recommend anywhere close to Settle/Giggleswick where we can pull up?

Thanks v much :-)

georgert1
17-06-2011, 15:51
Hi people - we're currently in Settle, looking to park up for the night. There are signs on the Greenfoot carpark in the town saying that you can park overnight but "no sleeping, no camping, no servicing of vehicles etc Does anybody know how strictly this is enforced?! Alternatively, can anybody recommend anywhere close to Settle/Giggleswick where we can pull up?

Thanks v much :-)
I have joined as a full member and downloaded google earth onto my laptop ,then I downloaded the POI file ,then it is easy to find anywhere to stay the night and even have a look at the place before you decide. I have just hed a quick look and there is a place near the cravan arms pub off the A65, look out for watery lane ,its on the lane.ok

georgert1
17-06-2011, 15:56
Just looked proper, looks fine go to the end of watery lane ,although narrow you can turn around at the end.

Ste
17-06-2011, 16:53
Watery Lane is only suitable for small vans, if you're in something larger follow B6480 through Giggleswick heading for A65 North. Huge laybe top of BuckHaw Hill approx 2 miles from town

Dinkypen
17-06-2011, 19:06
Thanks for that George. After speaking with one of the locals, we have parked up in the Greenfoot carpark where she was pretty adamant we wouldn't be bothered! It's lovely and quiet, on the level and perfect for walking to the pub for a pint ;-)

Dinkypen
17-06-2011, 19:11
Watery Lane is only suitable for small vans, if you're in something larger follow B6480 through Giggleswick heading for A65 North. Huge laybe top of BuckHaw Hill approx 2 miles from town

Thanks Ste - we have a LWB sprinter (called Sadie, by the way!), so Watery Lane may not have been suitable. We did consider the layby that you mention, as we spotted it on our way in. We'd rather be up the moors, to be honest, but I need a 3G signal for my work and the Dales are as dead as a really dead thing for that kind of thing, so we have settled in Settle!

Ste
18-06-2011, 01:19
Hey thats great, I didn't think you could stop on greenfoot. Max size for watery lane is a MWB van, unless you wanna reverse nealry half a mile up it.
(54.065951,-2.275755) on gm for those who are interested

sasquatch
19-06-2011, 09:51
The Station Inn at the end of the Ribblehead viaduct welcomes motorhomes in their carpark a pint or a meal is the cost.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS