PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury

manicmerc
10-06-2011, 23:56
HELLO, I have at last found my dream home in Glastonbury.Somerset. being a wild camping fanatic, i welcome anyone who wishes to stop over for a day or so.
Glastonbury festival is minutes away and two weeks away.
If you are stuck for a campsite locally, you are welcome to park outside my house, 59b Benadict street wich can accomadate maximum of four vehicles.
No problem with traffic wardens as no restrictions and all neighbors are of course chilled out ex hippies with vast travelling experience.
Just knock on my dpoor and ask for Bill, sorry but i will not leave my phone number, however if you need directions feel free to mail to pm me.
wild Bill

Luckheart
11-06-2011, 07:46
Manic, what a nice post, we come to Glastonbury occasionally - to stock up on essentials - incense etc. Though not for that festival malarky - I have that t-shirt (doesn't fit any more).

The way the festival has grown, you could probably finance a good road trip by letting the spaces for the week. Of course that would not be in the spirit of things:)

Teffy
11-06-2011, 11:07
Hey, what a sweet person. I've always wanted to see Glastonbury - far too old for the festival now but the place has always attracted me. If I can get my husband shifted we may end up on your doorstep one of these days. Many thanks.

manicmerc
11-06-2011, 13:54
I have already recieved one person who is staying with his partner for the festival, but i still have room for another three and a couple of tents in the orchard, no trouble makers please, but would make a small charge of 5 pounds a night for the tents.

manicmerc
28-06-2011, 14:09
Just want to say a public thankyou to Thomas and Heather and Steve and Peter. You guys were great, many many thanks helping me to improve the size of my orchard during your unforgetable stay here, your welcome anytime!!!!!

Tbear
28-06-2011, 14:36
Hi Manicmerc,

My purple loon pants with 28inch flares where a 32 inch waist, the love beads fell apart. The bright green brushed denim jacket with gold trim has disappeared. Maybe my festival days may be over:sad: but it sounds like you deserved that dream house.

Richard

mandrake
28-06-2011, 15:57
Hey, what a sweet person. I've always wanted to see Glastonbury - far too old for the festival now but the place has always attracted me. If I can get my husband shifted we may end up on your doorstep one of these days. Many thanks.

have you never been to glastonbury ,you are in for a treat .but remember it stands on the crossing of leylines ,and some can get very light headed when visiting i dont know if anyone has been there and felt it but if so ,let us know i certainly did ps thats a great offer well done

Caz
29-06-2011, 08:12
I went to Glastonbury once years ago. I was certainly very lightheaded at the time - but I think it had more to do with the local cider. :lol-049:

Are you going to make cider from the apples in your orchard, Manicmerc? If so I would really love to call on you one day. :rolleyes2:

Stuart Tracy and Bob
16-07-2011, 19:35
HELLO, I have at last found my dream home in Glastonbury.Somerset. being a wild camping fanatic, i welcome anyone who wishes to stop over for a day or so.
If you are stuck for a campsite locally, you are welcome to park outside my house, 59b Benadict street wich can accomadate maximum of four vehicles.
No problem with traffic wardens as no restrictions and all neighbors are of course chilled out ex hippies with vast travelling experience.
Just knock on my dpoor and ask for Bill, sorry but i will not leave my phone number, however if you need directions feel free to mail to pm me.
wild Bill

Hello,

We will be in that area over the next few days, so can I just knock on your door and see if any space is available ?

Regards, Stuart.

Stuart Tracy and Bob
20-07-2011, 22:40
wild Bill

Hmm,

Well in response to your offer that has been posted, we did turn up and knock on the door of 59b Benadict St in Glastonbury and was told by the man who answered the door that he had no idea what I was on about, had never heard of the wildcamping website either for that matter ! Great.

manicmerc
28-07-2011, 22:03
Sorry but i had a little chuckle to myself at this one. Phil, the guy at 58b, is a little upset about my friends and new friends camping and turning up at all hours. Maybe you should double check on the numbers before you knock, my house is 59b and as you probably noticed, their would have been at least two campers possibly 4 including two mercs parked just around the corner who have been here for 3 weeks now, enjoying the orchard and other friendly neighbors with the exception of phill, who it seems does not like campers and says the place looks like a campsite. well, its my house/orchard and i can invite who i like when i like, so anyone is welcome but please do not knock on 58b, just to clarify, cheers

kimbowbill
29-07-2011, 06:35
Hmm,

Well in response to your offer that has been posted, we did turn up and knock on the door of 59b Benadict St in Glastonbury and was told by the man who answered the door that he had no idea what I was on about, had never heard of the wildcamping website either for that matter ! Great.

ooops,:o

just jane
29-07-2011, 15:36
Does anybody know what is going on here? Because Im confused by this.

MOS
29-07-2011, 19:16
it would seem Manicmerc likes visitors with campervans ,and that is quite nice ,but Phill it would seem is less enthusiastic ,but thats tough because manicmerc can do what he wants with his orchard (which is for some reason getting bigger )so make sure you knock the rite door or Phill will send you packing with a flee in your ear .or something like that (i think i like Manicmerc morest )Phil seems a bit grumpy:lol-053:
MOS:)

lotty
29-07-2011, 22:54
Sorry but i had a little chuckle to myself at this one. Phil, the guy at 58b, is a little upset about my friends and new friends camping and turning up at all hours. Maybe you should double check on the numbers before you knock, my house is 59b and as you probably noticed, their would have been at least two campers possibly 4 including two mercs parked just around the corner who have been here for 3 weeks now, enjoying the orchard and other friendly neighbors with the exception of phill, who it seems does not like campers and says the place looks like a campsite. well, its my house/orchard and i can invite who i like when i like, so anyone is welcome but please do not knock on 58b, just to clarify, cheers

they did knock on 59b
think someone is playing games?
:confused:

mandrake
30-07-2011, 01:22
Does anybody know what is going on here? Because Im confused by this.

ive just put the adress into google earth and it shows a lovely area ,but unfortunately not an orchard in veiw and it looks like you will have problems parking a car there 59b benedict street glastonbury - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=59b+benedict+street+glastonbury&hl=en&ll=51.146658,-2.722721&spn=0.01155,0.033023&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=22.383401,67.631836&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=51.146664,-2.722727&panoid=95aO8wyQBqO0iIYe-8mLCQ&cbp=12,191.35,,0,0.19)

just jane
30-07-2011, 05:35
ive just put the adress into google earth and it shows a lovely area ,but unfortunately not an orchard in veiw and it looks like you will have problems parking a car there 59b benedict street glastonbury - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=59b+benedict+street+glastonbury&hl=en&ll=51.146658,-2.722721&spn=0.01155,0.033023&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=22.383401,67.631836&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A&layer=c&cbll=51.146664,-2.722727&panoid=95aO8wyQBqO0iIYe-8mLCQ&cbp=12,191.35,,0,0.19)

I did the google earth thing too, it just added to my confusion, I think some one may be playing tricks on neighbours.

mandrake
30-07-2011, 08:28
and mabey the members on here

manicmerc
01-08-2011, 13:30
Hy and welcome my friends.
Phill it seems is being a mare, he has now put 59b on a plate on his house, next to his own number, i have complained to the local council and the post office as now some of my mail is going their, ive had enough. To stop any confusion, if you come down benedict street from the town centre end, turn left into faifield gardens, and immediately right into the lane that runs at the back of my house, my orchard gate is the second one. Your quite welcome to use this, forget about going to the front, if phill comes out he will only tell you what he has told others. I got a friend of mine to knock on his door, and his reply began with an f and ended with an eff, he is not a nice bloke and the residents of glastonbury would be better off if he was to leave, but he seems adamant to be a nuissance.
So, left onto fairfield gardens 1st right, then the second gate which leads through a wooded area, apple trees and a good old fashioned beach tree, very big and covers the garden in the summer months.

Please try and not to knock on phils door, happy days!!

vinedad
01-08-2011, 14:15
Seems there's a bit of a wind up going on here. Anyone who has been to Glastonbury festival can tell you that it's actually quite a way from Glastonbury town. it's in Pilton, which is actually much nearer to Shepton Mallett.
:ninja:

torsteve
13-09-2011, 17:59
I think Manicmerc is more than a wind up merchant - probably a native Glastonbury-ite stirring it?

Benedict Street and Fairfield Gardens are a serious no go area now as are most central areas of the town. Vans are being damaged e.g sprayed with graffitti tags all down the side. There's a shop in town that sells graffitti paint!!!!

Best avoid Glastonbury town except possibly Morrisons car park but can be trouble here with kids on Friday and Saturday nights. Glastonbury is no longer the place it was, lots of anti-social behaviour at weekends. Sad times indeed.

sagart
13-09-2011, 18:33
Over the last three weeks had no problem parking in the car park by the Abbey or on the main street. Locals seemed very helpful

torsteve
14-09-2011, 17:47
You've been lucky as I have heard of two vans sprayed with tags in that time - mind you the car park by the Abbey has a frequent Police presence at night because of the horrible Chav Pub opposite.
Your van (in photo) looks pretty upmarket too. I think the damage is a bit of what the locals call Hedger Bashing and tends to be aimed at more basic converted vans

scaley
14-10-2011, 17:49
Hi, Does anyone know of a decent safe place to park and stay overnight to see the carnival on November 11th, willing to pay but must be within walking distance of town. Thanks.

Scaley

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS