PDA

View Full Version : Great Witley, Worcestershire

fofeg101
12-06-2011, 00:05
Great Witley Village Hall Car Park: 52.289339,-2.356434

On A443 About 10 miles from Worcester, about 11 miles from Tenbury Wells. The nearest town with supermarkets etc. is Stourport-on-Severn, about 5 miles away.

donkey too
12-06-2011, 07:26
I have in the past used village hall car parks. The smaller the village the better. They are usually MT at night and nice and quiet, Always clean ands tidy. They are also usually near a pub, quite often have water laid on and a handy manhole cover that can be lifted. More importantly they never have boy racers.
What I do is go to the pub for a meal and chat to the locals about staying the night in the hall car park so that I can have an extra drink. They are often most accommodating.

iwm
12-06-2011, 12:18
Thanks to donkey too and fofeg101 for that great information.

I recently had a look on Google Maps in a couple of areas. If you type the biggest town or city in that area (for example - York) then type village halls in the search box on Google maps you will get a display of the nearest village halls to that place (York). You can then look on Google Maps Street View and if it looks interesting then apply Donkey-Too's approach and ask locals in the nearest pub.

I might well try that.

It also led me to think what other local things have car parks? Hmmm!

Cheers

IanM

fofeg101
12-06-2011, 22:13
I use that village hall car park a lot to go walking in the nearby hills, there's the occasional motorhome over nighting there. There used to be a bloke in a converted ambulance who alternated between staying there and the car park at Tenbury Wells, a full timer I guess. It's only ever busy on school days with school run mum's from the adjacent school.

fofeg101
21-07-2011, 13:13
Today I found a water tap, just inside the Lych Gate of the church almost opposite this car park. It has a 3/4" BSP thread for a union connection and you can park right next to it in the lay-by outside, so it's either hose-pipe or large watering can friendly.

52.289161,-2.354824

Canalsman
22-07-2011, 19:52
Thank you :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS