PDA

View Full Version : Highland Mini Meet Confirmed

magbrin
01-07-2011, 21:40
Mini meet confirmed I hope you can make it: 22nd - 25th September(Thurs - Sun) Near Inverness.

Wind Dancer
07-08-2011, 21:10
Just saw this and it's quite possible I could arrange my trip so that I could come along. :banana:
I couldn't find any other details about it though, so perhaps you could fill me in please?

magbrin
08-08-2011, 08:42
Just saw this and it's quite possible I could arrange my trip so that I could come along. :banana:
I couldn't find any other details about it though, so perhaps you could fill me in please?

Hi wind dancer - and anyone else out there who may be interested.
This will be our fourth meet, and we are hoping for a good turnout. Our meets are open to members of lots of forums, and have proved very successful. We have several vans booked already, from other forums, and lots of possibles, so I hope you can make it.
For where we are see Brin Herb Nursery - Highland home of herb plants and wild flowers. (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk).
This meet is the last weekend the nursery is open and will run from the Thursday to Sunday - although you are welcome to come earlier or stay later. It is free and you can come for as many nights as you like.
The usual pattern is free tea/coffee on arrival - or if you come after the cafe is closed it might be something stronger;)
Barbeques, visit to Loch Ness/Dores Inn - using local community mini-bus, visits to Inverness using service bus and activities, including walks, cycles, paddles etc are easy to arrange. We need drivers, as we cannot drive when we are open! so if you would be happy to drive the bus it would be helpful, but we would need your details in advance.
I will be posting again nearer the time with more detail, but in the mean time if you have any more questions (or ideas) - just ask/tell
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

Wind Dancer
08-08-2011, 11:30
Thanks, sounds great! I'll see what I can do to schedule it in. :)

magbrin
08-08-2011, 13:33
Thanks, sounds great! I'll see what I can do to schedule it in. :)
You're down as a possible - hope you can make it. Let me know nearer the time.
Look forward to meeting you
M

magbrin
02-09-2011, 15:58
Only 3 weeks to go - any other possibles, probables or definites?
Hope to get up to 10 vans, but need some more to sign up from here:dance: Several other forums represented - it leads to a good mix, despite what some might tell you:(
More detail in a week or so - but if you are going to be in the area why not come along - good company, fun, weather guaranteed:have fun:
See you soon
Magbrin

kimbowbill
03-09-2011, 00:08

this is the member i told you about in my email to you

Jen xx

magbrin
03-09-2011, 08:54
Confused:confused:
Was this a recent email, Jen?
We welcome all members of all forums - for better or worse - we cannot be selective, as we wouldn't get anyone:cry:
Is there something I should know .........................? I look forward to meeting wind dancer!

magbrin
08-09-2011, 20:37
Highland mini meet 22nd – 25th September 2011 – you can come for any or all of it, and stay longer if you like.
Cost - FREE
There is plenty of space for more but some definites/possibles: Please confirm.
Wunnell
Ardgour
Tonybvi
Mags52
Wild dancer
Steve Woodward
Magbrin – confirmed!

Timetable – to be confirmed
Thursday 22nd – arrival. Free tea/coffee in Schoolroom on arrival & BYOB after 5.30pm
Friday 23rd – relax, walk, cycle, boat, or whatever. Service bus to Inverness or Whitebridge – Free with your bus pass!!!
Evening BBQ – bring enough food for yourselves, but share it if you like and try someone elses! Bring your own drink. Alternative arrangements in Schoolroom if weather is bad. Donations of charcoal appreciated. And bring your musical instruments.
Saturday 14th – Lunchtime or evening trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn – there will be transport for a limited number – but there will be a charge for this. Driver may be required, and details will be needed asap for insurance.
Sunday – end of meet – but you are welcome to stay another night if you like – and entertain us!!!!.

Further notes:
We pride ourselves in organising small friendly and very successful meets in beautiful & peaceful surroundings. You can join in as much or as little as you like.
It is the end of our season and there is a sale on.
For more information visit our website at: Brin Herb Nursery - Highland home of herb plants and wild flowers. (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk)

RobKeeble
08-09-2011, 21:40
Hello Magbrin,

So glad you posted today so I now know about the Meet. Being a new member I'm really enjoying trawling through the forums and must have missed this thread.

Our friends moved from Peterhead to Helmsdale a few months ago and we are visiting them over the Meet weekend, so stopping with you on Friday night is perfect timing. It would be nice to stay longer but office work gets in the way as usual, and we will be wilding over Saturday night near Helmsdale. So just a short visit from about 8pm, but it will be great to meet other members, especially as this will be my first night ever in a motorhome - ooh scary.
:scared:

Cheers,
Rob

allen
09-09-2011, 19:57
will
l
arrive Friday afternoon looking forward to meeting fellow travelers

magbrin
09-09-2011, 21:22
Excellent - look forward to meeting you , and don't be scared:rolleyes2:
BBQ will have started by 8pm but certanly won't be finished:lol-049:
Do you know where you are coming to? It is possible to come cross country from Nairn, but better if you know the roads!
Let me know if you need directions.
See you soon
Margaret

magbrin
09-09-2011, 21:23
will
l
arrive Friday afternoon looking forward to meeting fellow travelers

Good, your booked in:welcome:
Look forward to seeing you (again?)
Margaret

magbrin
12-09-2011, 09:54
Thanks Wind dancer for your PM. I'll keep you down as a possible - and hope you make it.
Stay safe in the storm if you are in central or west Scotland

We now have 9 confirmed vans - not all for the full time - but hopefully all will be here for the BBQ on the Friday.
Anyone else about (Inverness area) 22nd - 25th September?
All the best
Margaret

georgert1
12-09-2011, 12:52
Highland mini meet 22nd – 25th September 2011 – you can come for any or all of it, and stay longer if you like.
Cost - FREE
There is plenty of space for more but some definites/possibles: Please confirm.
Wunnell
Ardgour
Tonybvi
Mags52
Wild dancer
Steve Woodward
Magbrin – confirmed!

Timetable – to be confirmed
Thursday 22nd – arrival. Free tea/coffee in Schoolroom on arrival & BYOB after 5.30pm
Friday 23rd – relax, walk, cycle, boat, or whatever. Service bus to Inverness or Whitebridge – Free with your bus pass!!!
Evening BBQ – bring enough food for yourselves, but share it if you like and try someone elses! Bring your own drink. Alternative arrangements in Schoolroom if weather is bad. Donations of charcoal appreciated. And bring your musical instruments.
Saturday 14th – Lunchtime or evening trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn – there will be transport for a limited number – but there will be a charge for this. Driver may be required, and details will be needed asap for insurance.
Sunday – end of meet – but you are welcome to stay another night if you like – and entertain us!!!!.

Further notes:
We pride ourselves in organising small friendly and very successful meets in beautiful & peaceful surroundings. You can join in as much or as little as you like.
It is the end of our season and there is a sale on.
For more information visit our website at: Brin Herb Nursery - Highland home of herb plants and wild flowers. (http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk)

Just to notify you ,I think the date should read; Saturday 24th- see above text , we are in glencoe at the moment for 5 more days and may work our way accross to Brin Herb Nursery, need to get the map out and have a nosy, all the best. :tongue:

magbrin
12-09-2011, 14:17
You're right, Geogert1 - but you may know that a deliberate mistake attracts attention:wacko:

Keep safe and find somewhere sheltered from the storm - Glencoe can be a wild place, even when there is no wind elsewhere. (And when there is no wind in Glencoe - there are midges:o) We are about to set off for the shelter of the lee of the Cairngorms.

Hope you can make it - I've pencilled you in. The road to us from Fort Augustus (B862/B851) is a lovely drive, and much more relaxing than the road on the North side of Loch Ness. If you have time take a detour to the Falls of Foyers - spectacular when there has been a lot of rain.

all the best
Margaret

georgert1
13-09-2011, 17:04
You're right, Geogert1 - but you may know that a deliberate mistake attracts attention:wacko:

Keep safe and find somewhere sheltered from the storm - Glencoe can be a wild place, even when there is no wind elsewhere. (And when there is no wind in Glencoe - there are midges:o) We are about to set off for the shelter of the lee of the Cairngorms.

Hope you can make it - I've pencilled you in. The road to us from Fort Augustus (B862/B851) is a lovely drive, and much more relaxing than the road on the North side of Loch Ness. If you have time take a detour to the Falls of Foyers - spectacular when there has been a lot of rain.

all the best
Margaret
Hi Margaret, all things being equal we will see you on the 22nd, we are on a C & CC site at the moment and will wildcamp our way to your spot, if you know of any safe decent places I would appreciate your tips,and I have made a note of the Falls of Foyers ,thanks for that.hope to see you sooooon, .:dance:

magbrin
14-09-2011, 18:56
Look forward to seeing you, Georgert1. You're booked in:welcome:
Lots of possible places, although not much between Glencoe and Fort William, unless you go round by Kinlochleven.

There is a big layby along Loch Lochy which we have stopped in - on the left just beside the loch. Quite close to the road, but not a lot of traffic at night.
One of our favourite places - although it is a bit off the route, is just beside the bridge that crosses Loch Garry. Turn left at Invergarry and then left again towards Kinlochourn (signed Tomdoun?). There is a stopping place by the fish farm on the left, but ours spot you turn left again, towards the bridge and stop on the right. There are also plenty of other laybys along the main road, before the Kinlochhourn junction.
There is a good spot just by the canal bridge at the north end of Loch Oich - beside the Bridge of Oich.
Another favourite spot, not very far from here, is at the north/east end of Loch Tarff on the B862.
There is a good Forestry Car Park on the road down to Foyers, from Whitebridge, and I think you can also stop by the old aluminium works if you follow the road down to Lower Foyers, and then turn right before crossing the river.
Along Loch Ness side there are lots of big laybys between Inverfarigaig and Dores, and if you eat at the Dores Inn there is a good car park they should let you park in.
If you want any more details of any of these spots, let me know.
See you soon
Margaret
Glen Herb:lol-053:

PS - Canalsman - I think you probably have all these already - unless I deliberately didnt post our favourite Loch Garry site:lol-061:

magbrin
15-09-2011, 13:55
It’s looking good - a good selection of people across 3 forums:lol-053:
Confirmed & probable:
• Mags 52
• ardgour
• esmusso
• salopian
• Robkeeble
• Allen
• Kev1
• Steve Woodward
• Wind dancer
• Georgert1
• Magbrin

Some queries/information before you come:
1. Remember to bring food (and drink) for barbeque for Friday night. We would also appreciate donations of charcoal and/or gas or battery operated lights, and possibly another awning/shelter. Any offers?
2. NOTE: If the weather is bad we have alternative inside space – so don’t be put off by the weather!
3. We will be running a trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn early on Saturday evening. The food is excellent (ask anyone who has been at one of our meets/gatherings before). It would be helpful to know if you are interested. This is NOT a final commitment, but in order to arrange transport (approx cost £2.50 - £3.00 per person) and make a provisional booking it would be helpful. Also it is possible we may have to limit numbers – so get your name down NOW!

It’s going to be a great weekend with some fantastic people, so if you haven’t signed up yet – we still have space
See you there
Margaret

georgert1
17-09-2011, 18:27
It’s looking good - a good selection of people across 3 forums:lol-053:
Confirmed & probable:
• Mags 52
• ardgour
• esmusso
• salopian
• Robkeeble
• Allen
• Kev1
• Steve Woodward
• Wind dancer
• Georgert1
• Magbrin

Some queries/information before you come:
1. Remember to bring food (and drink) for barbeque for Friday night. We would also appreciate donations of charcoal and/or gas or battery operated lights, and possibly another awning/shelter. Any offers?
2. NOTE: If the weather is bad we have alternative inside space – so don’t be put off by the weather!
3. We will be running a trip to Loch Ness and the Dores Inn early on Saturday evening. The food is excellent (ask anyone who has been at one of our meets/gatherings before). It would be helpful to know if you are interested. This is NOT a final commitment, but in order to arrange transport (approx cost £2.50 - £3.00 per person) and make a provisional booking it would be helpful. Also it is possible we may have to limit numbers – so get your name down NOW!

It’s going to be a great weekend with some fantastic people, so if you haven’t signed up yet – we still have space
See you there
Margaret

:hammer: the wife ( Carol) and I will be coming on Thursday 22nd, we will call at Fort Wiliam to pick up supplies, I propose to donate a couple of bags of charcoal i can also pick up (donate) some bread cobs if you need them, please book us in for the trip to Dores Inn , if you need anything else ,my generator is available 1kw if needed for lighting etc. ok thank you . :goodluck:

magbrin
19-09-2011, 13:25
Thanks George, and thanks for PM - will respond later on. You and Carol are booked in for the Dores trip.
Bread cobbs sound good, and certainly charcoal, if you don't have to buy it. We have some, but so far have failed to get more in Inverness. The BBQ season must be over:cry:
If anyone else who is coming has some stashed away in their garage, shed or whatever, please can you bring it in case, between us, we can't buy more?
See you all on Thursday/Friday
Safe travels
Margaret

magbrin
22-09-2011, 07:02
The wind has dropped and it has stopped raining. The sun is shining and the sky is blue (well, more than enough to make a pair of sailor’s breeks) and it is shaping up for a great weekend in the Highlands: BBC Weather | IV2 (http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/16?area=IV2)
See you soon & safe travels
Margaret

RobKeeble
27-09-2011, 17:37
Many thanks Margaret and Angus for sharing your wonderful home with us last weekend. Your home is in such a picturesque setting with gorgeous views in all directions.

As it was our first motorhoming night we were a bit apprehensive, but we had a gentle introduction to (not very) wild camping with a thoroughly enjoyable BBQ to boot. It was a great way to meet fellow wilders and pick up some tips to get our motorhoming off to a fine start.

Thank you again.
Rob
:wave:

magbrin
30-09-2011, 19:46
Many thanks Margaret and Angus for sharing your wonderful home with us last weekend. Your home is in such a picturesque setting with gorgeous views in all directions.

As it was our first motorhoming night we were a bit apprehensive, but we had a gentle introduction to (not very) wild camping with a thoroughly enjoyable BBQ to boot. It was a great way to meet fellow wilders and pick up some tips to get our motorhoming off to a fine start.

Thank you again.
Rob
:wave:

Thanks Rob, I am glad you enjoyed your first night:cool1:
I hope you found somewhere good for Saturday night. Be interested in where you ended up:D
The rest of the weekend went really well - I hope that next time you (and the dogs) will make it for the full meet.
Margaret

RobKeeble
03-10-2011, 22:38
Hi Margaret,

Yes we had a lovely stay on Saturday night just a short drive along the river from Helmsdale. Our friends scouted the area for us and found an anglers riverside carpark in a quiet location surrounded by hills. We had a peaceful nights sleep and enjoyed seeing one double carriage train slowly chugging north on the other side of the river. Think you would enjoy it.

We're away Wednesday morning for almost three weeks of wild camping, having installed an 80W solar panel so that we shouldn't need to stay on a site for electric.

Time for bed, said Zebedee.:sleep-027:
Rob

magbrin
04-10-2011, 09:00
Have a great time, Rob:wave:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS