PDA

View Full Version : burnham on sea

biker/camper
01-04-2007, 17:05
has anyone heard of over night parking hear? i ave been told u can park over night for a couple of quid?:confused:

steveandpat
22-07-2009, 13:42
My wife and I used to camp here all the time it used to be possible to stay down by the boat club and there were toilets down there as well but the council went and put parking meters up with only a 4 hour parking period. We have stayed in the Somerfield car park both in the motorhome parking bays (although it does say no overnight camping) and we have stayed in the lorry park at the back of the shop although it is some times noisey because the refridgeration units on the lorriuesw.

PaulC
22-07-2009, 14:19
Not know, but I think it's a dump. The last time I was there 25 years ago I broke down so that can't help . :)

Nomad1
22-07-2009, 14:57
A Dump ????,,,well i live there and i think its a great place,,but maybe your used to much finer places than me..

as for cheap camping,,theres plenty around here,,a few good wildcamping spots too,,,,,one at the end of allendale road,,looking at the beach !

PaulC
22-07-2009, 16:18
"it's a dump" and I stand by it! A friend was going that way for a holiday and a warned him. But he went and said I was right! Such is life!

kell
22-07-2009, 16:50
"it's a dump" and I stand by it! A friend was going that way for a holiday and a warned him. But he went and said I was right! Such is life!

How would you know Paul.
You haven't been there for 25 years!:D

Nomad1
22-07-2009, 16:54
Perhaps he,s a psychic camper,,:)

mikejay
22-07-2009, 17:10
He must live somewhere really posh when ever i get the chance we allways get down there and wildcamp in places nomad has said and would love to move there away from the dump we live in now i dont know what it was like 25yrs ago but it aint no dump now.

bevo
22-07-2009, 17:41
we were there in june.
just opening a morrisons where somerfield was.
motorhomes at the side on the car park (specially for motorhomes) but it says no cooking and overnighting. coach and lorry park at the back.
wern't too bad used our bus passes and went to weston, cheddar and other places.
got a half decent wetherspoons in burnham.

PaulC
22-07-2009, 18:21
Yes folks did you not see "25 years", anyhow I will not be back! I saw enough!

Kshushi
23-07-2009, 08:48
well Burnham-on-sea is a friendly place to stay,,everything you need and lots of places to park up,,

baldeagle690
20-10-2009, 18:38
Looking to do an overnighter this weekend to try and cheer my nephew up after being dumped by his first girlfriend (real agony). Looking at Brean, Burnham on Sea or Weston for a cheap night where I can park, close enough to a pub where I can buy him a few. :confused:

mattiball
28-11-2009, 22:35
To be fair to Paul, there are far nicer places than Burnham and do know what he means.......having said that, I still like the place, its grown on me. Prefer Brean, but no wild camping there?

baldeagle690
29-11-2009, 07:58
Years ago we used to Beach party on Brean beach, is this not allowed anymore? We all crashed (quite literally) with our cars and motorbikes there and never got bothered at all. Always watching someone leaving their car in the sea in the mornings though!

mattiball
30-11-2009, 19:14
When I first moved up from devon to somerset I used to think anywhere along this stretch of coast wasn't really that attractive. Burnhams concrete sea front and long expance of muddy sand can look very bleak. I used to wonder why people holidayed here, when in my opinion far nicer costal resorts were only a bit further down the m5.

But to be fair, it has really grown on me. it is a freindly town. It also feels like an old fasioned resort. Its one of the few places in the area or even the south west (other than Weston, or Uphill) that you can park your motorhome on the beach. Brean is really nice once you drive past all the tat. And its funny as buggery watching the silly idiots losing their cars in the mud/sea.

mattiball
30-11-2009, 19:18
Doubt you can park on the beach over night. The carpark I use down the very end of brean is free for national trust members, but closes at about 7pm. Not really anywhere in brean suitable for wild camping as far as I am aware.

otis the staffy
10-12-2009, 19:21
hi came on last week with same request was told Allandale Rd stayed Friday night thanks.Monday day and night WESTON head for south beach drive full length through prom improvements to end on side of road in front of hotels and lake parking no cost or restriction toilets pubs etc with beach

chas17
19-08-2010, 22:37
As a resident of said Allandale Road I have seen many an overnighter at the end of the road overlooking the beach, and that is fine, but I think that staying for four days as someone did last week is a bit much and will ultimately spoil it for everybody. Found out that a neighbour eventually complained and they moved on.

BambiOwner
20-08-2010, 07:10
Hi you can park behind the Sands Public house from 8pm until9am for 2 or 3 although it might be a bit noisy but at least you are near a pub
Bambiowner

lisa01633
20-08-2010, 09:53
Years ago we used to park right down the bottom by the boats in burnham till they stopped it and also overnight on the beach at brean till they stopped that .. lately the parents were parking close to the monaco hotel at weston but they've changed all the raod signs and can't park there ....

A new car park we believe with overnight stays for about 6 a night has now been finished by the old pier at weston a little bit of a walk for weston town but an out of the way spot for mh's

mervyncp
03-02-2011, 15:31
What is the latest on wild camping in Burnham?
Last year I spent a couple of nights up near the boat club during the winter. It was fine, apart from the idiots that drive past and sound their horns at night.

Are there any better places near the town for off season parking. :D:D

I love Burnham.

BambiOwner
12-03-2011, 16:17
Years ago we used to park right down the bottom by the boats in burnham till they stopped it and also overnight on the beach at brean till they stopped that .. lately the parents were parking close to the monaco hotel at weston but they've changed all the raod signs and can't park there ....

A new car park we believe with overnight stays for about 6 a night has now been finished by the old pier at weston a little bit of a walk for weston town but an out of the way spot for mh's

Is this it ?Weston-Super-Mare - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/M8ql)

wilthebeast
13-03-2011, 17:24
Sorry no totaly the wrong place:o

robjk
13-03-2011, 20:28
I have stayed here last year to watch carnival about 4 for 24 hours if i remember

Somerfield Stores, near Pier St, Burnham-on-Sea, TA8 1BT, UK

Rob

chas17
13-03-2011, 23:51
I have stayed here last year to watch carnival about 4 for 24 hours if i remember

Somerfield Stores, near Pier St, Burnham-on-Sea, TA8 1BT, UK

Rob
Used to be Somerfield but has been Morrisons for some time now - with a great big notice that says no overnight parking!!

baloothebear
14-03-2011, 01:41
Used to be Somerfield but has been Morrisons for some time now - with a great big notice that says no overnight parking!!

- but does anyone take any notice of it? :)

brian the man
05-04-2011, 18:39
never been so car,t comment but i,ll try owt once :confused:

BambiOwner
06-04-2011, 06:53
A new car park we believe with overnight stays for about 6 a night has now been finished by the old pier at weston a little bit of a walk for weston town but an out of the way spot for mh's[/QUOTE]

Do you know the post code to the car park? or the name of the road that it's on please
Bambiowner

gnomead
28-07-2011, 14:32
Does anyone know of any places to stop around Burnham-On-Sea, not right in the town?

oldish hippy
28-07-2011, 14:43
birnbeck road is the road mind u sneeak in the car park at the top or there is layby just on kewstoke rod come up birnbeck to end turn left and it on the left

Trident
29-09-2014, 20:00
There are nearly 30 spaces in Pier Street carpark, next to Wm.Morrisons/on the main esplanade. Also some spaces next to the yacht club, far south of the esplanade.

Enforcement was weak, until a rise in incidents originating from those parking overnight in the motorhome spaces, involving both theft and vandalism of local property (including one theft of lead from the church roof), and the associated littering. From August 2014 new private parking attendants were appointed by Sedgmoor District Council, who are bonused to enforce - so its a lot better monitored, and they have willing monitoring assistance from the local Neighbourhood Watch. Fine is 40/night plus collection fees, enforced via court-admissable CCTV evidence, and pursued remotely by a third party

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS