PDA

View Full Version : Borth

fofeg101
08-07-2011, 20:39
Anyone know what the situation is with the "car park" opposite the YHA in Borth?

Saratoga
23-01-2012, 22:06
There is a relatively long carpark in Borth that runs from the populated end to the end of the terraced houses towards Ynys Las.

Having put YHA Borth into Google Maps I am disconcerted to find that it lists the address as 'Morlais, Borth, Bow Street' where Bow Street is an inland village quite seperate from Borth.

But behind the YHA there seems to be a caravan site with hard-standing caravans but I do recall the largeish carpark area between the beach wall and the main road.

HTH ;)

dicky mint
26-09-2012, 20:26
does anyone know if you can park up by the sea wall and kip down?
i surf there but usually end up in Aberystwyth overnight.

Saratoga
26-09-2012, 20:35
I think so. Mostly the area is for resident parking but I don't recall any restrictions. Check when you're there. If not then there might be some more sheltered overnight parking areas around Clarach or along the roads around there.

If you don't want to goto Aber, then if you head from Borth towards Bow Street then towards Aber, take a left towards Capel Bangor and in that area on the left is a parking area near some woodland. There is also a lab testing station along there on the left on the road towards, er, a village. To the right is towards Aber but left is into the hills and there is a forestry parking area there linked to the gateway above mentioned you might be able to use...

Good Luck ;)

Rubbertramp
26-09-2012, 20:37
If you head north out of Borth and keep going till the end of the road, past a big caravan site there is a massive parking area on the beach. Very quiet there off season three years ago. Lovely views over to Aberdovey.

Canalsman
26-09-2012, 23:24
Thanks for these suggestions - I've added them to the POIs :)

Regards

Chris

Saratoga
27-09-2012, 05:05
I thought there was a barrier there they closed off, but that was for the actual beach... Is that where you mean, or have they changed it?

The beach is also a bit exposed...

donkey too
27-09-2012, 08:54
If it is the pone between the beach and the main road, then I usually park at the end near Fish and Chip shop Had no probs there ever. Also the one RT pointed out is good but vrowded in summer.

Rubbertramp
27-09-2012, 17:16
I thought there was a barrier there they closed off, but that was for the actual beach... Is that where you mean, or have they changed it?

The beach is also a bit exposed...
Yes, the actual beach. http://goo.gl/maps/s7ag4
What beach isn't when the wind is in the wrong direction? Lots of wind surfing going on there as I recall.
No barrier there in May 2009 and no evidence of one on street view (Image date; July 2009) perhaps they have one now, I haven't been recently

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS