PDA

View Full Version : Sandbanks Camping

mudmover
21-07-2011, 17:48
OK we are heading south tommorow and the kids will have saturday on the beach.....The main car park at sandbanks is 1.60/ night....has anybody camped there recently?

Any other places/ sites not too far away would be greatly appreciated..

Sounds like the weather will be kind this weekend:dance:

Cheers
MM

donkey too
21-07-2011, 18:52
Where is sandbanks. South? The Sahara is south.;)
Personally I take no notice of names and can'tremember tham anyway so point me to the place on google plz:wacko:

mudmover
21-07-2011, 19:17
the bournemouth peninsula!!

Hobbsy
21-07-2011, 20:07
i stayed at the East overcliff drive in bournemouth. If you get there before 10pm on a friday you can watch the fire works to the south west overlooking the coast! we then visited sandbanks via the ferry! was nice. You can also stay at the carpark on panorama road / sand banks road junction - in sand banks.

mudmover
21-07-2011, 20:45
Do you mean the large car park thats opposite rumsey holiday homes?? There are a couple of spaces for MH's but wanted to be sure we'd not get hassled as its our 1st wild trip with the kids...don't mind paying the 1.60:D

Weve seen several vans parked overnight and now its our turn to try....

Anybody know if the 4/ night at the Thistle car park in poole is still on?
MM

windyjools
21-07-2011, 20:57
You could stay at the edge of Poole Park, there is no charge and no posted restrictions. Otherwise, there are various quiet roads at Canford Cliffs area, take the road signed to Canford Cliffs, Haven Road and turn right at the top of the hill, we have stayed there several times, no problems. You could also stay at Whitecliff car park, just next to Whitecliff park, it does say no overnight parking, but we have stayed there without problems. Or.....ask at one of the pubs with a decent carpark, usually, they are fine IF you ask.
Finally, there is a church with a car park on the road next to Haven road, Chaddesley Glen, there is a sign to say you can use the carpark when the church is not using it, a donation in the box, so if you do that, you should have no complaints.

Hobbsy
21-07-2011, 21:02
Not to sure but it's the big car park opposite this:

Cafe Shore

10-14 Banks Road
Poole, Dorset BH13 7QB, United Kingdom

mudmover
21-07-2011, 21:40
Not to sure but it's the big car park opposite this:

Cafe Shore

10-14 Banks Road
Poole, Dorset BH13 7QB, United Kingdom

Yes thats the one...very big car park but think it may well be noisy....

Thanks to all for good advice....will post back to update...

MM

Dezi
22-07-2011, 10:19
You could stay at the edge of Poole Park, there is no charge and no posted restrictions. Otherwise, there are various quiet roads at Canford Cliffs area, take the road signed to Canford Cliffs, Haven Road and turn right at the top of the hill, we have stayed there several times, no problems. You could also stay at Whitecliff car park, just next to Whitecliff park, it does say no overnight parking, but we have stayed there without problems. Or.....ask at one of the pubs with a decent carpark, usually, they are fine IF you ask.
Finally, there is a church with a car park on the road next to Haven road, Chaddesley Glen, there is a sign to say you can use the carpark when the church is not using it, a donation in the box, so if you do that, you should have no complaints.

Hi, I live in the area & I really would not recommend the above highlighted suggestions. Bournemouth traffic wardens have always been a busy bunch & Bournemouth council likes all others is cash strapped at the moment. So an easy way to raise revenue is to pursue illegal parking.
I suggest you go with the pub landlord idea.
Dezi

Old_Arthur
22-07-2011, 10:34
NIMBY :scared::lol-061::lol-053::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

Dezi
22-07-2011, 16:07
NIMBY :scared::lol-061::lol-053::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

Au contraire you lippy northern git.

Just being my usual helpful self, giving good advise based on local knowledge.

Dezi :cheers:

shazzpurple
22-07-2011, 17:37
not sure about car parks but you cant park on the road on the other side of ferry [swanage side] but if you travel a few miles on you can camp under corfe castle

mudmover
25-07-2011, 21:17
OK well I'm very pleased to say that we had a great stay in the designated MH spaces in the main Sandbanks car park all for 1.60 / night.

I spoke with one of the car park attendants ( who has a T5 camper) and he advised no problem as long as your discreet..ie arrive after 6pm and no barbies...Sure enough we stayed two nights with no trouble at all..The attendants knew we were overnighting...Interestingly we saw no other campers and based on that fact I guess we escaped hassle as things have calmed a little!

So there it is...don't take the michael and you should be fine!

Oh and our van did 29.4MPG's on 320miles...Not bad for a ford 2.2 140HP chassis..

Many thanks for all those who posted...I hope this thread benifits other site users.

MM

Old_Arthur
26-07-2011, 11:36
aup mudlover,could you post up some co-ordinates for this place me and the family are down there in august

maingate
26-07-2011, 12:19
aup mudlover,could you post up some co-ordinates for this place me and the family are down there in august

Could you also give Old Arthur some help about where to park his tipper and dump his Tarmac.

Old_Arthur
26-07-2011, 14:04
oh and grazing ??

Dezi
26-07-2011, 16:19
Obviously time to get the blunderbuss out & load it up with grapeshot.

Dezi:danger:

naska68
30-07-2011, 19:42
Hi , i parked for 2 nights , 1.60 a night , no problems.2 others campers in there as-well. Saturday night was abit noisy as the local boy racers come in to chat etc!!about 2am! but if ur in the corner no worries and they were soon gone!

mudmover
30-07-2011, 20:23
Hi , i parked for 2 nights , 1.60 a night , no problems.2 others campers in there as-well. Saturday night was abit noisy as the local boy racers come in to chat etc!!about 2am! but if ur in the corner no worries and they were soon gone!

Was that you last saturday in a T4......we parked at the other end....Did you speak to car park attendant who had a camper? Real tidy guy...
Glad to hear ou had no issues too!

didds
08-07-2013, 11:05

Stayed there sat night... Car park to ourselves, and can park up the end away from the street lights.

There were other vans parked on the side streets we noticed - if you can take sodium lights all night, or can block them out, the streets around had lots of available places.

didds

shelpp
15-07-2013, 17:24
we're off to Poole in a couple of weeks.

how much is it to Park in the car park

thanks

didds
15-07-2013, 22:20
they ask for a donation, and ask uyou to consider what other paid options would cost when considring your payment.

Sandbanks main carpark wanted something like 15 for 8 hours - for that money you may well find a campsite with disposals and a hook up! On a side street (under a sodium lamp) is free.

So its your call really.

didds

shelpp
20-07-2013, 12:14
thanks very much

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS