PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth

boatman
04-04-2007, 21:12
We are off along the South Coast starting in the Portsmouth area. We are coming down from Somerset, and won't get down until late evening. Can anyone recomend anywhere near Portsmouth? Cheers, Boatman:confused: :confused: :confused:

Journeyman
05-04-2007, 03:11
Hi Boatman

If you are on the M27/A27 you cud try passing the Pompey turnoff and head for Hayling Island. Just over the bridge there is a clearing off to the right. Also, the Ship Inn before crossing the bridge on the left.(Dont drive too fast or you will miss the turning).
If you want to visit the Beaches, you can pay a small fee for the day at the machine and stay upto 10pm. If you are bringing your RIB head for Ferry Road and keep going until you reach the Ferry Inn.(Or just call in for a pint)

There is a Also, quite a few large pull offs on the A3 north, not too far up..

Have a good trip....

David & Ann
05-04-2007, 07:38
Read it in the "Sun", :D

BOOZY Nigel Rees’s dream of touring the world for a year stuttered to a stop when he was nicked for drink-driving — after less than ONE MILE.
The hapless globetrotter flogged his house to buy a luxury camper van for the 20,000-mile road trip.
He stocked it ready for the big adventure and went out for a farewell booze up with pals before staggering back to the van where he had set up home.
But cops spotted Nigel, 45, during the drinking session and were waiting for him when he set off the next day.
He was breathalysed and gave a reading of 119mg, more than three times the 35mg limit. Yesterday he was banned from the road for 2 years and fined 600 after admitting drink-driving in Ammanford, West Wales.
Prosecutor Sian Vaughan told the town’s magistrates: “Police had seen him drinking heavily the night before. They stopped him at 10am next morning and could smell intoxicants on his breath. The custody officer said to him that it must have been a heavy night and he agreed.”
Unmarried Rees, whose address was given in court as The Camper Van, Ammanford, told JPs: “I’d planned on travelling but I don’t know what I’m going to do now.”
After the case he said: “I sold my home and bought the van with the intention of driving off into the sunset and travelling around the world.
“My idea was eventually to arrive in New York but I don’t suppose I’ll be doing that now. It was my fault. I broke the law and got caught fair and square.”

Have a nice one over Easter

Journeyman
05-04-2007, 21:20
Sorry Boatman, yet another Thread Hijacker(s), outrageous!!!

boatman
06-04-2007, 19:35
Journeyman, Thanks for your reply. We shall be coming down the M27, so Hayling Island looks favourite. I shall have my Smart on a trailer behind, but I presume there will be room where you suggested.Regards, Boatman:) :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS