PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury ??

Stuart Tracy and Bob
23-07-2011, 19:02
Hmm,

The post from manicmerc said..... Just come and knock on my door if you,re in Glastonbury, and I have room for up to 4 vans outside my house. Just ask for Bill it said.
Well we were in the area last week and thought we'd take him up on his kind offer. So I went to the given address last weds when we arrived in Glastonbury and when a bloke came to the door, he said he had no idea what I was on about, had never heard of the wildcamping website and to cap it all off, the only space outside the house was the road anyway !

Yeah thats really great is'nt it?, No its really crap !.

maingate
23-07-2011, 22:07
We all know that manicmerc is a complete nutter (the clue is in his name). I am surprised that nobody told you. :lol-061:

Old_Arthur
24-07-2011, 05:27
there was a thread on here about someone who had stayed in his orchard at the back of his house and was thanking him ?

iwm
24-07-2011, 06:52
there was a thread on here about someone who had stayed in his orchard at the back of his house and was thanking him ?

Yes you are absolutely correct Old_Arthur, I remember that one too but have searched the site and can't find it now.

CORRECTION - It was him thanking Thomas and Heather and Steve and Peter for their help with the orchard - IWM

The address given in the original post was 59b Benadict Street Glastonbury and the street looks like this in Google Maps

http://www.maggimorrison.com/images/glaston.jpg

Could the original post be a hoax? If so he is a VERY NAUGHTY BOY! :mad2:

Should he be banned from the site? although we would have to check the information very carefully before going down that road or indeed going down his road looking to wildcamp.

Cheers

IanM

kimbowbill
24-07-2011, 07:48

Heres the thread Arthur

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/somerset/13651-glastonbury.html

the cheeky bugger

kimbowbill
24-07-2011, 07:52
Yes you are absolutely correct Old_Arthur, I remember that one too but have searched the site and can't find it now.

CORRECTION - It was him thanking Thomas and Heather and Steve and Peter for their help with the orchard - IWM

The address given in the original post was 59b Benadict Street Glastonbury and the street looks like this in Google Maps

http://www.maggimorrison.com/images/glaston.jpg

Could the original post be a hoax? If so he is a VERY NAUGHTY BOY! :mad2:

Should he be banned from the site? although we would have to check the information very carefully before going down that road or indeed going down his road looking to wildcamp.

Cheers

IanM

And if you read the thread, he has said someone has allready turned up, thats bizzarre

Stuart Tracy and Bob
24-07-2011, 11:51

Yes I read that too some weeks ago. I then posted him asking if it was ok to just turn up, but got no reply. So when we did actually go to Glastonbury last week, we did just what the post said to do and just knocked on the door. The response was, of course, completely negative and he said he had no idea what the hell I was on about. I felt like a right idiot , and double and treble checked the address given on the original post, which turned out to be correct. So we were peeved by it all. Wish people would'nt do that sort of thing !.

Stuart.

Old_Arthur
24-07-2011, 17:38
:wave:hello maniac we've come to stay with you where can we park :rolleyes2: ferk off nutters :lol-061::lol-053::lol-049::lol-049:
wait till you see it on you've been framed :egg::lol-061::lol-053::lol-053:

MartianTom
25-07-2011, 08:13
....sounds like a bloke with a grudge against motorhomers AND the people who live at 59b!

It's given me an idea. I have noisy neighbours who don't respond to polite invitations to tone it down. Maybe I'll order a load of fast food for them from every take-away joint in town...

mandrake
25-07-2011, 09:05
one easy way is to ring the law and then get the council involved they will handle that . or wait untill they need there sleep and put a silpnot track on full whack on your sterio

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS