PDA

View Full Version : King's Lynn to Cromer

fofeg101
03-08-2011, 08:16
We've just returned from a few days exploring the coast between King's Lynn and Cromer. Unfortunately most of the coastal car parks in the POI's have no overnight parking notices, the exception being the National Trust Car Park at Salthouse, the fine print regulations on the reverse of the car park notice board does not specifically say you can't camp or stay over night. The Free Car Park in the village of Cley already had a half dozen motor homes on it, I can see the dreaded no overnighting notice going up there soon, or a Local C&C member writing into the club magazine. Anyway, there's lots of large Lay Bys on the A148, only a few minutes drive inland, Map locations sent to the appropriate thread, after 06.00 a.m. the traffic builds up so ear plugs are recommended unless your an early riser like me. There's water taps at St Margaret's Church in Kings Lynn, opposite the NCP Car Park and also at the Wells to Walsingham Light Railway Station at Wells. BTW, that NCP car park in King's Lynn charges 6 for 24 hours parking and 3.30 for 12 hours parking, I couldn't see anywhere where it said you couldn't sleep on there overnight, if you can 3.30 is cheap, especially with water being right across the street at the church, but I couldn't find any NCP operatives to ask.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS