PDA

View Full Version : nice spot in mid england?

adriacoral
06-08-2011, 20:11
Hi all

We have decided to go south for a week or 2 to get some warmth/sun, Devon probably but not so keen to do the whole fist day in one go. Is there a nice scenic spot, prob next to water or cycle path not too far off motorway, sort of Bristol way? Any suggestions? We'll wing it when we get there but nice to have somewhere to head to for 1st spot. Just takes awfully long time google earthing places. We're coming from Preston btw.

kangooroo
06-08-2011, 20:48
How about the Wye Valley around the Tintern or Chepstow area? Plenty of water and cycle paths in the Forest of Dean - I can't guarantee warmth or sun though...!

UFO
07-08-2011, 11:42
In early May we stopped at Serridge Inclosure Forest of Dean - good walking and cycling

As posted in the forum 'Sign said gate locked at 7:30 pm but we have seen such signs before with gates not being locked so we parked up for the night. 9:30 van draws alongside us and eventually very nice man knocks on door (forestry contractor) and says he has to lock the gate but as it looks like we are not out to cause any trouble no problem with us staying 'but best not to make a habit of it'. He said that many of the car parks are locked at night. He recorded our reg no and left a paper with 'phone number in case we wanted to leave before gate unlocked in the morning 50 fee.'

adriacoral
07-08-2011, 15:50
Hi
yes I have come across that thread since posting my question and looks promising. As youve been recently too. Many of the POIs on the threads and are a little out of date. I always try to check out as many as possible and report back but we've not been further south than Aberytstwth yet. Bit concerned about Devon as its the school holidays but we are restricted to that at the moment.

Hobbsy
07-08-2011, 17:26
Nice spot i'n the middle of England.... I know, go to the middle of England then head west and if your lucky you will end up i'n a beautiful place called Wales! I can't fault it at all!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS