PDA

View Full Version : Cleveleys Beach Front?

lotty
08-08-2011, 14:58
HI,
has anyone stayed at Cleveleys beach front recently?
It has been recommended to us and we are thinking of nipping up this weekend, wondered if anyone has been and can recommend any good pubs or things to do/see while there?
Cheers
Lotty
:drive:

Old_Arthur
08-08-2011, 16:13
went earlier in the year no probs, the couple of ex servicemens clubs are good on a weekend get in early though:baby:

lotty
14-08-2011, 14:30
just back from a little trip to Cleveleys. Had a nice walk around the town and tea in the pub then a nice walk up the beach to run the dog. There were 13 vans parked up overnight, we enjoyed watching the sunset and tide come in, had a chat with the fishermen, only one problem for us with this location, the road! It was quite busy the whole time and with it being a concrete road not tarmac this made it louder! We had very little sleep as the road was busy all through the night. There was one idiot who thought it was funny to blast his car horn the lenght of the prom past all of us, luckily it wasn't too late and i dont think anyone was asleep!
Our friend who recommended Cleveleys to us said they got used to the road noise, (I think I'm more of a country girl than a city girl!)
All in all we had a good time but i don't think we will use this location again!
Lotty
:wave:

patricia
14-08-2011, 15:00
We were there 2 weeks ago we got use to the noise 12 other vans there . Its an easy walk to the shops and places to eat at reasonable prices ,going again early sept .

jovik
15-08-2011, 19:53
we stopped there 3weeks ago dont park opposite the wall the traffic noise is amplified :sad: but it is a good site the town isnt far away and the views are good :wave::wave:

kpracing
29-08-2011, 19:25
stayed there last night, loads of vans parked up, gale force wind and a real high tide made for an interesting night. we are going again in a few weeks for the illuminations.

camping_gaz
04-10-2011, 12:50
Been up to cleveleys this weekend and it was banging and after reading this we need to get some support Driven to despair? - Daily Feature - Blackpool Gazette (http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/daily-feature/driven_to_despair_1_3836926)

Old_Arthur
04-10-2011, 13:33
we were also there from thursday and have to say i am not suprised at the reaction we counted 54 vans on saturday afternoon and more coming after that, a lot had awnings out and table and chairs set up on the path.
but to mention homes over looking the vans there is a wall higher than any van all the way along and the camper vans at that end were fishermen night fishing we stood and talked to them as we were going into cleveleys and come back each night (after spending good money eating and drinking)
but again the sheer numbers in a row would take some ignoring never ever seen this amount before.

fairytooth
04-10-2011, 14:24
we were also there from thursday and have to say i am not suprised at the reaction we counted 54 vans on saturday afternoon and more coming after that, a lot had awnings out and table and chairs set up on the path.

Tell me to mind my own business but how many days were you there Arthur? It just occurs to me that if everyone parks up for days on end it's no wonder there are complaints from the locals? I thought the golden rule was 24hrs.

It seems to be getting that way in France where all the nice (especially seaside) Aires are being occupied for days (sometimes weeks!) on end by some vans. I can quote specifically for St Valery en Caux for example. I think it is a mite unfair on everyone - locals and other MHers.

Surely a bit of thought and consideration for others is called for here if we are to avoid spoiling it for everyone eventually?

Old_Arthur
04-10-2011, 15:10
we were parked up there 3 nights and gone by 8am in the mornings to fleetwood -blackpool-st ann's on each of the days as we always do (never spend the day where we spend the night as i have stated in many posts)but we just like you will be tarred with the same brush as the couple who had spent the week there.
this 24hr rule would be nice if everyone stuck to it but until that happens only us that do will miss out

Ste
04-10-2011, 17:59
If there's 50 to 70 vans turning up there each night, I'm not surprised people are complaining. Infact i'd call that senario HELL. You might as well be on a campsite!!

cooljules
04-10-2011, 18:07
where is this? i cant find it on google. i want to pop out that way in a few weeks.....

Ste
04-10-2011, 18:15
where is this? i cant find it on google. i want to pop out that way in a few weeks.....

in POI file as OU Little Bispham

cooljules
04-10-2011, 19:01
in POI file as OU Little Bispham

thanks, i havent got the POI file on my sat nav yet as i dont have a cable to store it internally, or a mem card to plug in. thanks for giving its other name though :-)

camping_gaz
04-10-2011, 19:01

princess way - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=ubuntu&channel=cs&q=princess+way&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl) :)

oddjob
04-10-2011, 19:11
I live near cleveleys prom and on Thursday i counted 44 motorhomes ,some with awnings up on the pavements chairs and tables the lot.it looked just like a gypsy site.
Went passed this morning about about 6 motorhomes plus 2 caravans 1 of which was unhitched with the owners nowhere to been seen.
Ah well some people know how to spoil a good thing wheres there brains,do they think that any council will put up with that.
and you wonder why we get look upon like lepers.
oddjob

terry c
04-10-2011, 19:11
hi all
i only live 5 mins away from the prom i went past over the weekend there was a lot of vans parked up 50 or 60 poss, but not heard of any one complaining, all most parked up for the night my self just to get the van out lol

cooljules
04-10-2011, 19:14
princess way - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=ubuntu&channel=cs&q=princess+way&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl) :)

ta, i found it stright away once that other guy gave that other name

i want to visit someone for a long weekend in morcambe soon, so looks ideal..

cooljules
04-10-2011, 19:15
hi all
i only live 5 mins away from the prom i went past over the weekend there was a lot of vans parked up 50 or 60 poss, but not heard of any one complaining, all most parked up for the night my self just to get the van out lol

i guess there is a good few in winter too.

all i think would spend something while there though

camping_gaz
04-10-2011, 19:44

sorry this should be a better link well i hope :)Princes Way, Blackpool FY5 1, United Kingdom - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client=ubuntu&channel=cs&q=Princes+Way,+Blackpool+FY5+1,+United+Kingdom&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x487b435568206879:0xaa392cff34861bdc,Prince s+Way,+Blackpool+FY5+1&gl=uk&ei=wmGLTra_FtKb1AWI6LTYBQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA)

Ste
04-10-2011, 20:29

Other Guy!!!!! Thanks!!

If you going to Morecambe there's a lot nicer places closer to it such as Middleton or Silverdale

cooljules
04-10-2011, 21:20
Other Guy!!!!! Thanks!!

If you going to Morecambe there's a lot nicer places closer to it such as Middleton or Silverdale

is there? i asked a local 2 weeks ago and he couldnt think of anywhere, said all the barriers had been put in to stop owt tallish

maingate
05-10-2011, 10:30
On another forum, someone showed an article from the Blackpool Gazette regarding the number of m/homes parking at Anchorsholme (which I presume is the same place).

Same old story, numbers of vans, tipping waste down drains in full view of the residents, table and chairs on pavement etc.

The reporter who wrote the article was very fair minded and gave a balanced picture (unlike Scarborough reporters), she even interviewed a sensible couple who gave their side (apart from saying that they had been there for one week).

Nobody had a big objection to the vans that are screened by the big wall but object to a solid line of m/homes opposite the residential properties.

Let us hope that Blackpool and neighbouring Councils have a bit more imagination than Scarborough. Maybe they will look at what is happening at Lytham.

wints
05-10-2011, 10:40
Other Guy!!!!! Thanks!!

There certainly are, and this is one :-

Go north out of Morecambe, and just as you enter Bolton-le-sands there's an Indian restaurant on the right. Opposite is Pasture Lane. This takes you down to the shore. Take the left along the shore (rt turn would leave you in front of houses) and park up in the big parking lay by. Seen lots of vans, including yank rvs overnighting here.

This is 100 yds or so before the Red Bank Farm camping and caravan site, and cafe.

Allen

Ste
05-10-2011, 11:27

Go north out of Morecambe, and just as you enter Bolton-le-sands there's an Indian restaurant on the right. Opposite is Pasture Lane. This takes you down to the shore. Take the left along the shore (rt turn would leave you in front of houses) and park up in the big parking lay by. Seen lots of vans, including yank rvs overnighting here.

This is 100 yds or so before the Red Bank Farm camping and caravan site, and cafe.

Allen

54.1073,-2.806704 on GM
i think

cooljules
05-10-2011, 12:51

Allen

good to know :-)

Canalsman
05-10-2011, 14:01

Allen

Thanks for this - I've added it to the POI database :)

Regards

Chris

lotty
06-10-2011, 08:05
Have spoke to a friend who was at Cleveleys this weekend. He said there were 60 vans!! He said the council are now in the process of stopping overnighting. he mentioned signs for "No sleeping in vehicles or No parking after 9pm"
Will try to get more info off him when I see him?
Lotty

jeffmossy
21-05-2012, 20:08
Stayed at Cleveleys last Friday & Saturday night ,there was only 8 motorhomes parked up,we normaly see about 20+.Anyhow we had no trouble off anyone.We saw the most amazing sunset and will be returning whenever we get chance throughout the year.:have fun:

lotty
21-05-2012, 21:11
Stayed at Cleveleys last Friday & Saturday night ,there was only 8 motorhomes parked up,we normaly see about 20+.Anyhow we had no trouble off anyone.We saw the most amazing sunset and will be returning whenever we get chance throughout the year.:have fun:

Any "no parking" signs up yet?

jeffmossy
22-05-2012, 18:23
Any "no parking" signs up yet?

Only on the south of anchershome rd facing the flats,otherwise none on the normal sea front.......

GregM
30-05-2012, 07:55
We're hoping to get up to blackpool next week for a couple of days, basically driving up the morning of day 1 and going doing some shopping (for the wife), day 2 will be pleasure beach for kids (me being one of them) and then day 3 do more stuff in town before heading home.

I was thinking Cleveleys would be good spot to stop at night but then thinking its a long bank holiday weekend so are we likely to see large numbers of van's already? in which case I will try and find somewhere else, or is the fact that it's half term and there are likely to me lots of holidaying families with screaming brats running around going to put many of the normal motorhomers off the area for this weekend?

Our problem is we must be home by Wednesday night so we will be there on the bank holiday Monday and Tuesday.

Thanks

Greg

rebbyvid
30-05-2012, 18:53
I was there on saturday (didnt stop)and it was fairly quiet compared to st annes ,only ever stopped here once(last year) and moved at 4am to fairhaven lake as the traffic was constant all night so if you can sleep here good luck to you,but i would make the best of it because the comments about tables and chairs and bbq's on pavement is true (there is plenty of room on other side of sea wall for chairs etc) so can see this being another area where the nocamping signs will shortly appear.

GregM
30-05-2012, 21:04
I was there on saturday (didnt stop)and it was fairly quiet compared to st annes ,only ever stopped here once(last year) and moved at 4am to fairhaven lake as the traffic was constant all night so if you can sleep here good luck to you,but i would make the best of it because the comments about tables and chairs and bbq's on pavement is true (there is plenty of room on other side of sea wall for chairs etc) so can see this being another area where the nocamping signs will shortly appear.

I have seen a couple of posts where people mention the noise, I don't want to have to move in the middle of the night as it would mean waking kids, might look at somewhere else.

Thanks

rebbyvid
31-05-2012, 06:08
its a concrete rd and ampilfied by the wall ,park in the day and try it some have said they get used to it but its not for me.

Cliff1951
22-09-2012, 13:20
Council now put up 4hour parking between 10pm and 6 am no return in 8 hours. Not sure if it's enforced we did not stay. We've been coming for over 2years 5 6 times a year with no problems if they don't want our money we'll go spend it elsewhere.

andandden
22-09-2012, 15:03
Hi. We live in Blackpool. And we used to park on Clevelyes front, where there was always plenty of motorhomes parked up. But now they have a parking sign saying no overnight parking, So please be aware of where you park now.

rebbyvid
23-09-2012, 08:18
Had to happen as i said in above post this is down to inconsiderate people using the area as a campsite (tables and chairs and barbecues on the pavement) and i think also the number of vans staying for a week at a time,and the amount of vans parked facing the flats at the Cleveleys end of princess way.Should be quiet at this time of year tho';);)
Lottys post forewarned
"Have spoke to a friend who was at Cleveleys this weekend. He said there were 60 vans!! He said the council are now in the process of stopping overnighting. he mentioned signs for "No sleeping in vehicles or No parking after 9pm"
Will try to get more info off him when I see him?
Lotty"

Old_Arthur
23-09-2012, 08:45
Our yearly pilgrimage (the wifes birthday same time every year) to the mecca of the NW as come round again so will see if it is terminal or not (hopefully it is i hate the place but we have to do these things for love:o)

antiqueman
23-09-2012, 09:12
Hi all

I used to park on the road at clevelys years ago but I parked at the other end not where the wall was, my choice, now lots are parking near the wall as you say, I did see a caravan parked there too the other week with stuff all over the road and pavement including a generater put putting away or was it roaring. I would ban them if not used well away from others!

There was a sign about only parking a certain amount of time put up there last year I believe, I will nip down later and either photo it or write the words down, so far this has been totaly ignored I believe, but if people do take too much anvantage of this by making it look untidy etc I feel someone will enforce it. The hornblower used to go along about 5 am in the morning ha maybe he/she changed shifts.

The town is lovely lots of cafes very reasonable maybe tell em if your camping as you pass you money and beer tokens over. Stays busy in winter too in the town and the seafront now all done up is a treat.

Oh I still park there when I feel like it about 700 yards from my drive so cheap on fuel.
Lets hope it can be kept open.

Ok signs says "waiting limited to 4 hours between the hours of 10 pm and 6 AM no return within 8 hours".
no restrictions during day, but don't hold your breath.

Paul

antiqueman
23-09-2012, 15:50

er why not park in morecambe then? am I missing something!

maingate
30-09-2012, 11:37
New parking restrictions at Clevelys?

Just lifted from another forum, see the link.

Cleveleys parking Forums (http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-131013.html)

MancK9
08-10-2012, 08:36
Drove past on Saturday night.. must have been 10+ vans on there...

Peter J Rayner
22-04-2013, 17:04
We have just returned from a long weekend to the lancashire coast, where we found Cleveleys sea front now restricted to 4 hours parking twixt i think 2200 Hrs and 0800 hrs, all but 4/5 spaces at the Blackpool end

Its not so suprising the last time we visited,a camper in front of us decided to drop its toilet on the road, we noted on this visit a rather buggy trailer van was looking rather permanently parked in 1/2 of the spaces

Guess its the old story, spoilt by a few for the majority

angelaa
23-04-2013, 14:46
It's a shame the few spoil it for everybody else. We used to go quite regularly about once a month. My husband fishes so it was perfect, he could fish till late then sleep and leave about 8am. Once when we were there, a caravan was parked up, gas bottles stood outside, about 4 kids bikes all locked up round a lamp post. Looked a mess so you can't blame the locals.

byybyecampers
28-08-2013, 08:50
At last the campers at cleveleys front come to an end, you have ruined it for yourselfs by staying for days at a time, chaining bikes up outside your campers and caravans, day trippers have had little parking due to the vast amount of camper vans parked up, there was even one parked for days on the enterence slope to the disabled toilet, a tatty vw transporter with mr blobby, i understand that you do bring a certain amount of money to the local economy, but we will manage without you as we will always get coach loads and day trippers, we dont need your portable homes flooding our town anymore,

camping_gaz
09-09-2013, 11:13
what's happening here now, i was told that you could still park here, and as this person on the previous post just joined to laugh at us :rolleyes2:

maingate
09-09-2013, 11:21
Same old story.

The Council could have made an area available with simple facilities and made a reasonable charge for it. They have just lost another income stream and the potential for British and Foreign tourism.

I never use these places. I did at one time but only in the Winter. Partly because I get angry at the rare idiot who acts like a Pig and spoils it for the rest of us.

Deleted user 21925
09-09-2013, 11:30
I too would never use a place like this. It would seem that Byebyecampers has a grudge against motorhomers and maybe rightly so. I would suggest that his council aren't doing much of a job though if they allow a camper to be parked on a disabled slope?

Anyhow, if they can do without our trade, good luck to them.

Old_Arthur
09-09-2013, 11:45
Sorry to piss on your parade bye bye but for me personally it's not a problem and I am pleased the council as done it !! Lets hope they enforce it !! We can park over night within 15 mins in a quite and secure spot and then park up up there at 7am for the day !! Then use our free bus passes to go to fleetwood and Blackpool !! Not a problem just same as Scarborough and Whitby.

camping_gaz
09-09-2013, 12:22
we just need a beach and we are happy so we try to find places like this,
i like to be as near to the beach as possible, and within a couple of miles from the shops,
we liked it here not been this year, as we was checking Huttoft car terrace out before we loose that,
and we love that parked on the beach and it being a dog beach as well we went there twice this year and may be going back one more time this year ;)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS