PDA

View Full Version : Porlock Weir

carolinemoon
09-08-2011, 10:28
Hi. Apologies if this has already been covered. We parked up in the car park at Porlock Weir at the weekend for a couple of hours. I see on the little hut where you pay, that 24 hours is 6 but there was no mention of no overnight parking/sleeping.

We thought it would be a great place to stop for a weekend, especially as my husband could do a spot of fishing from the beach and of course, The Ship Inn right opposite, is a favourite of ours?!

Anyone stayed there before?

Thanks

carolinemoon
15-08-2011, 11:54
Hi, can anyone help me on this one please? Thanks

guyd
03-11-2011, 22:44
I live in porlock..... I dont think there will be any problem with you overnighting - just put a valid ticket on the windscreen to stop the ticket man having a go.... :-)

Northerner
04-11-2011, 09:25
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same car park but, if it's the one right by the harbour, I used it a couple of weeks ago. Payment was by a ticket machine and, if memory serves, the conditions clearly printed on the machine stated that there was no overnight camping or sleeping (or words to that effect).

We found this on many car parks in Somerset and north Devon. There may not have been large signs but the conditions were always on the ticket machine and were unambiguous. I really can't believe that this car park allows overnight camping. It's such an idyllic spot that it would be overrun with motorhomers in no time and there'd be the usual complaints from residents.

If we are talking about the same car park, perhaps the member who lives there could have a quick look at the ticket machine?

mattiball
04-01-2012, 20:19
Agree with last post. am sure have seen no camping on sign too. shame, nice spot. cant think of any where off top of head where is ok. think minhead also says no sleepingl/camping on sea front. one idea if you want to stay nearby, drive from porlock up porlock hill or toll road, is some nice spots on moor to spend the night, then drive back down in morning.

donkey too
04-01-2012, 20:47
It says no camping in Watchet as well. But have stayed just the one night on several occasions on the dock side where the rail lines used to be and no one has bothered me. I guess it would be different if there were several vans though.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS