PDA

View Full Version : Overnight stop in Glasgow

carsan
10-08-2011, 12:43
Hi
Does anyone know of an overnight stop near to the centre of Glasgow.

:o

Bigpeetee
10-08-2011, 14:47
Trouble is, if you stop overnight near the centre of Glasgow, it could become permanent, find yourself up on bricks, engine out, fuel siphoned, all without even knowing!!:confused:

rienza
10-08-2011, 21:02
Quite right Bigpeetee. They don't take prisoners. You're a brave man to consider it carsan. I know Glasgow fairly well and I'm racking my brain but at the moment I just can't think. When do you want it for?

carsan
11-08-2011, 12:12
Hi rienza
Might need a couple nights next week, am aware of the dangers but that more likely to happen on or near the estates these places will definately be avoided, have looked into it and may have found a couple places, however am going to the worlds on Saturday so will give these places a recce.
Cheers Sandy

rienza
11-08-2011, 22:58
There are several trading estates around the M8 but you'll know this. How about the car park at the retail shopping centre at Braehead or Tesco's car park at St Rollox Business and retail park. Post code G21 1YL.

More in the centre there are several car parks opposite the Cathedral behind the Oldest House in Scotland. Post code G4 0RB. There's a taxi stance opposite the Royal Infirmary next door to the Cathedral which would be handy to get you nearer the centre but to be honest the centre is easy walking from the car parks there.

carsan
13-08-2011, 20:56
Hi Rienza
Many thanks for that info I saw that area opposite the Royal today it looked ideal also was told about the area at St Rollox ind estate will look at that this week. Thanks again also for the post codes.
Sandy:wave:

2cv
13-08-2011, 23:08
Braehead sounds like a good bet, regular non stop buses into the city.
The buses leave from near M & S. I don't recall any overnight parking restrictions, but can't be sure.
Near the cathedral sounds good, but I don't think I'd stay at St. Rollox.

AuldTam
13-11-2012, 22:46
Theres a huge car park in front of Tesco St Rollox but it's a 24hr shop and the Royal mail sorting office nearby is also 24hr...theres overnight parking on nearby Petershill Rd but again its a busy road....Bishoppbriggs is 10 mins away and you will find a much quieter and safer spot there just past the retail park.

Yogihughes
14-11-2012, 09:48
We had 7/8 vans parked in our street for 3/4 nights for World Pipeband championships in August 2012.
They were made very welcome by the neighbours and have all been invited back next year.
The occupants of the vans left nothing behind except gifts for said neighbours for welcoming them.

I know this is a generally "old thread" but I do take exception to the negative comments re Glasgow.
All cities have their bad areas but there were no adverse comments from the van owners when they left.
Also, with a 5 minute walk to Glasgow Cross and a further 10 minute walk to Buchanan Galleries shopping centre I would say it
is an excellent place to park up for the night.
Then again, I don't miind if no-one stays because it means more room for my van.

DUGGIESMURF
23-02-2013, 19:14
off to AECC in apri,,,,where can i stop over night in the area ?
dont mind a drive to find a safe place

AuldTam
23-02-2013, 19:26

Do you have a van conversion or a motorhome?

thewildcampers
23-02-2013, 22:44

Hi Duggie
Is it the SECC.....:) I'd drive 30mins to Loch Lomond, once i find out how to find coordinates I'll post them. I think thats the safest, Its the road that runs parallel with the A82 at the duck bay marina

Lynn

Its 56.017431,-4.613228

Yogihughes
24-02-2013, 10:25
Duggie, did you read my post at No.9?

DUGGIESMURF
04-03-2013, 19:32
Hi Duggie
Is it the SECC.....:) I'd drive 30mins to Loch Lomond, once i find out how to find coordinates I'll post them. I think thats the safest, Its the road that runs parallel with the A82 at the duck bay marina

Lynn

Its 56.017431,-4.613228

looking into it ,,thanks ,,,

awaiting an e mail from SECC ,to se if we can park overnight after the show ?

DUGGIESMURF
04-03-2013, 19:43
Hi Duggie

Lynn

Its 56.017431,-4.613228

GOOGLED it ,,,looking good we will be in the area begining of march ,,,intend giong to the transport museum and MRS BROWNS boys ,,,
:lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::dog:

DUGGIESMURF
04-03-2013, 19:48
Do you have a van conversion or a motorhome?

vw calypso 5mts long

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS