PDA

View Full Version : Memory map 2004

RSWO
13-08-2011, 13:19
Hi,

Ive got memory map 2004 and when i try to load the Memory Map Wild camping POI software it info's me that the file was created in a newer version. Is there anything I can do apart from buying the latest Memory Map software at ?

RSWO

fairytooth
13-08-2011, 15:35
Tricky one. Not my area of expertise but I have used MM before and had the same problem. This is a MM trick to try and overcome hacking. If you have your original setup files then I would start again and not 'update' on their website.

If you don't have that option I would look to see if there is solution posted up on a user group platform somewhere in order to recover your device.

Good Luck!

Canalsman
13-08-2011, 22:54
I use Memory Map 2005 to maintain the POI database, and then extract the data to create Google Earth, GPS Exchange, Autoroute and satnav files ...

The file that's included in the download is a copy of the Memory Map 2005 database, so is not compatible (sadly) with other versions of Memory Map.

You should be able to import the GPS Exchange (GPX) file in the download into Memory Map 2004.

Try that and see if that is a solution ...

Regards

Chris

orion
24-06-2012, 17:07
The file that's included in the download is a copy of the Memory Map 2005 database, so is not compatible (sadly) with other versions of Memory Map.

You should be able to import the GPS Exchange (GPX) file in the download into Memory Map 2004.

Try that and see if that is a solution ...

I have Memory Map Version 5.0.0 (build 608) and it also will not accept the POI .mmo file. I have however followed your tip above and imported the .gpx file which does work as an overlay.

Thanks

Canalsman
25-06-2012, 17:30
I have Memory Map Version 5.0.0 (build 608) and it also will not accept the POI .mmo file. I have however followed your tip above and imported the .gpx file which does work as an overlay.

Thanks

The data is maintained with Memory Map 5.1.3 (build 716). I will add this to the User Guide info ...

Thanks for the information.

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS