PDA

View Full Version : Poi help for iPad 2

dazuk
22-08-2011, 21:45
Hi all

I'm new to the site and since becoming a full member have been trying to download without success the google maps poi onto my iPad which uses the safari browser.

Please can anyone offer any help or advice as we would love to use the wild camping locations while out on the road and are getting rather frustrated trying to sort it now lol.

Darren

ellisboy
23-08-2011, 06:12
Me too:mad1:

scek
23-08-2011, 20:14
Its not possible - unless someone has a magic wand !

JoMutch
24-08-2011, 06:20
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kmz-loader/id435350230?mt=8

This is the bee's thingys for ipads, tried and tested

Marcs
24-08-2011, 22:15
Ironically that page won't load in safari on mine?

JoMutch
25-08-2011, 05:10
Have sorted link above, works on my Safari

ellisboy
25-08-2011, 06:19
Thanks for the link Jo,have just downloaded and will try it out this evening,regards Stephen:banana:

ellisboy
27-08-2011, 09:14
Downloaded the app, now just need to know:help::help: how to use it ! :help::mad1:

CHII BUS
31-08-2011, 18:38
I have managed to get the POI files onto my ipad google earth app via the KMZ loader. works a treat.

ellisboy
31-08-2011, 21:26
I have managed to get the POI files onto my ipad google earth app via the KMZ loader. works a treat.

How ? :help::yeahthat::wave:

CHII BUS
03-09-2011, 19:07
Download the KMZ app from itunes and sync onto ipad
Download the poi files
Email them to yourself and import them into the KMZ app
Click the "my KMZs" tab you should see "wildcamp"
Click "open KMZs" and the google earth drop down will appear, click and away you go.

Dont open google earth directly from ipad' open only with the KMZ app

Jim

ellisboy
04-09-2011, 09:01
Thanks Jim, I will try again today :wave:
Regards Stephen.

jacksatlast
01-10-2011, 17:39
Hi,
Many thanks for helping me and others get the kml file onto the ipad via email.
I can then click on the file embedded in the email message. It opens and then I have to select "open in Google" and bingo Google Earth launches with all the data.
BUT, when I come back out or do another search within Google I loose the Wild Camping Info.
The only way to get it all back up again is to re open the email message and click on the file again.
Is there any way of getting this file to actually stay within KML Reader or GoogleEarth itself?
If not I'll just have to save the email and attachemnt. Just seems a slow crazy way round.

I could be missing something of course!!:bow:
I would appreciate any further info if you have it.

Kind Regards
Jackie

aliman
02-10-2011, 18:37
Hi
The way I get around viewing poi files in Google Earth is to download iPad app Dropbox to iPad and
Install.
Then download Dropbox to your pc.
The poi file is then downloaded to pc in KML format. Then send file to Dropbox on pc.
Open Dropbox on iPad and open poi file within it. It says unable to view file but if you go to top right
Symbol with arrow on it you are given choice to open in google earth.
Hope this may help some of you
Regards Alan

alun145
16-02-2014, 20:21
Hi,

Met someone in Brittany with iPad and Co -Pilot App. This costs around 30, but was impressive on the iPad.

Anyone had any experience of this App?

It gives GPS positioning, as apparently the wifi only iPad (ie not cellular) dose not have GPS in built and would therefore incur roaming charges without this App..

Is it possible to load in the POIs??
Any advice out there?
Cheers alun

Strandy
07-08-2016, 07:38
I've installed the app on my iPad and read through the setup info from th web page, but all of the POI's are ? Rather than the letters they should be. I have tried removing and installing again, I have activated the app.

Help appreciated

Thanks
Dave

2cv
07-08-2016, 08:48
I don't think that you can activate the app unless you're a full member. Maybe that's where the problem lies.

POI Admin
07-08-2016, 12:58
Welcome

Free members can try the app, but may only view a sample set of the POIs ...

Hope this helps :D

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS