PDA

View Full Version : 3 spots in devon - tamar bridge , Looe and Carlyon Bay (st.austell)

dandydeels
23-08-2011, 21:55
apologies if in the wrong place. but i just returned from a long weekend in cornwall and wante dto report on these 3 spots.

Saltash
old ferry road car park (almost underneath the Tamar Bridge) - overnight parking permitted in the council car park- handy toilets and choice of 2 pubs within a minutes walk . river views and splendid views of the bridges.

Directions- cross the tamar bridge into cornwall on teh A38 and take the first exit for Saltash. Turning left on the B3271 and turn left on fore street head downhill to the waterfront. Turn left onold ferry road and the council car park i s on your right afterthe bridge.

Looe- enter Looe and cross into east looe accross the small bridge.good large car park with great toilets. the council car park will be on your right hand side. I spoke with an attendant who said although technically you ar enot allowed to sleep over that he never bothers anyone for one night. He also told me that there is no overnight car parking charges on sunday nights.

carlyon bay - heading west just before st.austell on the a390 turn left at holmbush (opposite the tesco superstore) go under the railway bridge following signs for the carlyon bay hotel (its on beach road) follow beach road to the end and it opens up into a large carpark. this car park i sguarded and the chatty guards are happy for overnight campers. yes pleased in fact. They are guarding the disused carlyon bay cornwall collesum complex which is going to be turned into a mjor development called The beach in 2012/2013. public toilets are available on the beach down 85 steps.

hope that helps someone

witzend
16-09-2011, 20:21
Hi I don't know about wrong place but were you these 3 spots are in Cornwall Not Devon

carolinemoon
29-02-2012, 15:44
apologies if in the wrong place. but i just returned from a long weekend in cornwall and wante dto report on these 3 spots.

Saltash
old ferry road car park (almost underneath the Tamar Bridge) - overnight parking permitted in the council car park- handy toilets and choice of 2 pubs within a minutes walk . river views and splendid views of the bridges.

Directions- cross the tamar bridge into cornwall on teh A38 and take the first exit for Saltash. Turning left on the B3271 and turn left on fore street head downhill to the waterfront. Turn left onold ferry road and the council car park i s on your right afterthe bridge.

Looe- enter Looe and cross into east looe accross the small bridge.good large car park with great toilets. the council car park will be on your right hand side. I spoke with an attendant who said although technically you ar enot allowed to sleep over that he never bothers anyone for one night. He also told me that there is no overnight car parking charges on sunday nights.

carlyon bay - heading west just before st.austell on the a390 turn left at holmbush (opposite the tesco superstore) go under the railway bridge following signs for the carlyon bay hotel (its on beach road) follow beach road to the end and it opens up into a large carpark. this car park i sguarded and the chatty guards are happy for overnight campers. yes pleased in fact. They are guarding the disused carlyon bay cornwall collesum complex which is going to be turned into a mjor development called The beach in 2012/2013. public toilets are available on the beach down 85 steps.

hope that helps someone

Hi - we were at Looe this weekend, and parked up in the carpark you've mentioned....being a bit wimpish we asked the guy who called his office and said No, we couldn't park overnight, he then went on to say that he doubted the carpark would be patrolled after 6pm but the attendent would definately be round checking tickets etc by 8am the following morning so to make sure we'd moved on by then....we decided not to risk it so moved on, but it's up to the individual - just thought I'd let you know our experience :-)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS