PDA

View Full Version : York - St.James parking lot

frankie501
27-08-2011, 11:50
Don't know if I had the last version of the POI file, but one of the places for the city of York was the parking in subject.
With another motorhome we have been fined at 08:03 pm for "... not being parked in the designated area of that class of vehicle"
Now, the night time started at 08:00 pm and was clearly stated that no overnight camping was allowed, but we weren't even into the motorhome and parking between 08:00 and midnight was allowed...
Any advice about paying or rejecting the PCN?

frankie501
27-08-2011, 14:54
Well... we came all the way from Italy and I am wondering if they will chase us that far...:confused:

frankie501
29-08-2011, 08:40
In any case, please remove this parking lot from the POI file.

Canalsman
29-08-2011, 21:03
The car park in the POI file is at St George's Field - is this the place where you were fined?

More details here St George's Field car park - City of York Council (http://www.york.gov.uk/transport/Parking/Car_parks/st_georges_fld/)

Regards

Chris

frankie501
30-08-2011, 09:28
Yes, sorry, I mixed up the names.
I recall was just below and in view of the Clifford Tower.
The only one where MH seem to be allowed in York is the Rawcliffe Bar Park & Ride, but absolutely no parking overnight!
After we got the PCN we went for the Monks Bar P&R, but this had height restrictions bars and we finally stayed in the Tesco parking close by, leaving early in the morning for Rawcliffe.

Canalsman
30-08-2011, 12:36
I have removed the entry from the POI file :(

Regards

Chris

yorkslass
31-08-2011, 20:41
Yes, sorry, I mixed up the names.
I recall was just below and in view of the Clifford Tower.
The only one where MH seem to be allowed in York is the Rawcliffe Bar Park & Ride, but absolutely no parking overnight!
After we got the PCN we went for the Monks Bar P&R, but this had height restrictions bars and we finally stayed in the Tesco parking close by, leaving early in the morning for Rawcliffe.

all the park and rides in york seem to have provision for motorhome parking, if you go to the office they will open up the barriers for you. we havnt stayed overnight in any but i know some have. hope this helps.

504329lt
02-09-2011, 09:00
I live in York and parking can be an issue. I would certainly appeal. Signs are required to be clear.

There is a business park within walking distance of city centre where vans sometimes stay. Postcode is YO26 4GB (Holgate Park Drive). Alternatively I have also seen the odd van in the side road (Cherry Lane) where the Holiday Inn is, just off Tadcaster Road.

Canalsman
02-09-2011, 10:23
I live in York and parking can be an issue. I would certainly appeal. Signs are required to be clear.

There is a business park within walking distance of city centre where vans sometimes stay. Postcode is YO26 4GB (Holgate Park Drive). Alternatively I have also seen the odd van in the side road (Cherry Lane) where the Holiday Inn is, just off Tadcaster Road.

Thanks for these suggestions - I've added them to the POI database :)

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS