PDA

View Full Version : Few sites to avoid (in the POI database)

jurasik
04-09-2011, 20:57
Hi.
Just come back from a week in Yorkshire & I did use the POI to sort out sites.
I'd like to report on a few sites that are to be avoided.
1. Layby near Kirk Hammerton on the A59 into York. I stopped at this location & there were plenty of cars there. It was a gay dogging spot. I quickly found another location in the satnav & left.
2. Pub stopover at Carlton Minniot (Dog & Gun). I got there & the pub was closed with a `to let' sign on it. I got the impression that it had just closed, as locals were wandering up to the door & peering in.

Hope this is of help.

mandrake
04-09-2011, 21:18
another pub closed sighn of the times i am afraid the price of drinks is causing more and more people to stay at home or have a drink at home with friends . beer 2.80 a pint in the pub near me and there are dearer places too . beer at our offy 99p a can almost a pint .no contest realy . make no wonder overnights are lost ..but there is no excuse for the layby homosexual ,i wont call them gay as its as its a name that used to describe being happy, and the doggers they aught to go to the vets for there doggy bits chopping off .or stiching up full stop . it comes to something when we as motorhomers are moved on by councils ,the police we are not breaking the law they are . why is it that the first group dont go back to keeping there antics to there own bars and then behind closed doors and the second lot ,just stick to there wife swop parties or keys in the bowl nights. why is it us that have to suffer this other form of anti social behavior .dont get me wrong i have nothing against either groups whatever floats there boats .but keep it amongst thereselves .we dont want to see it .

jurasik
04-09-2011, 21:25
I didn't check to see if the pub's main car park was still open, so I don't know if it is still possible to park there.

I got out of that layby sharpish! Put me off my tea.

Canalsman
04-09-2011, 23:47
Hi.
Just come back from a week in Yorkshire & I did use the POI to sort out sites.
I'd like to report on a few sites that are to be avoided.
1. Layby near Kirk Hammerton on the A59 into York. I stopped at this location & there were plenty of cars there. It was a gay dogging spot. I quickly found another location in the satnav & left.
2. Pub stopover at Carlton Minniot (Dog & Gun). I got there & the pub was closed with a `to let' sign on it. I got the impression that it had just closed, as locals were wandering up to the door & peering in.

Hope this is of help.

Thanks for the update - I've removed both from the POI database :)

Regards

Chris

fofeg101
05-09-2011, 06:21
I think a lot of the secluded places we like to overnight at may also attract people involved in other "pass times", just lock your doors, close your curtains and don't go outside for a pee. If we delete all possible "dodgy" locations, we'll end up with none at all.

activecampers
05-09-2011, 07:12
Blimey - didn't know we had bigotted prudes on here.

I suggest we just flag up the dogging spots and their particular flavours, then if any member is into that as a hobby then you can have a "wild camping" spot with a bit more activity than just sitting in the van with Coronation street. And if its not your cup of tea then you can find another spot.

Simples.

May well get more paid members on here if the database grows :)

kimbowbill
05-09-2011, 07:42
Rather than delete the POI's why not put a note attached, TBH you dont know who's out there that enjoys that sort of thing, each to their own, we could get a whole new load of memebers looking for doggin spots lol, cananlsman will be having a dicky fit if he has to become all pc and list the places that suit all types,:scared: lol, lol ,lol, oh my thats made me giggle this morning

have a good day yall

mandrake
05-09-2011, 07:47
Blimey - didn't know we had bigotted prudes on here.

I suggest we just flag up the dogging spots and their particular flavours, then if any member is into that as a hobby then you can have a "wild camping" spot with a bit more activity than just sitting in the van with Coronation street. And if its not your cup of tea then you can find another spot.

Simples.

May well get more paid members on here if the database grows :)

so what you are trying to say is ,we should advertise dogging places on this site . and the part that you say we may get more members on the site due to the flagging up of these type of pullins so why dont we change the name of this site to wildcamping and dogging for motorhomes it would only cause many members to leave the site ,also i dont think phill would go allong with that somehow .why should we have to move we are carrying out a perfectly legal pastime of pulling up and sleeping they are carrying out an ilegal act , its just another case of the majority of law abiding people in this country having to bow down to the few that want to carry out unsociabe behaviour so to me your post could bring this site into disrepute .i dont know what other members may read into your post but i would imagine they wont agree wholehartedly.

Mothman
05-09-2011, 07:57
I wonder how long before local councils put up signs like this:lol-053:

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv54/barrybongo/road-sign-dogging-zone-928-p1.jpg

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv54/barrybongo/no-dogging1.jpg

I wont bother them so i dont want to be peeped on or bothered either, so how will they know im not a dogger or looking for a bum??? (A SIMPLE POLITE SIGN ON THE DOOR)

Do not disturb NONE DOGGER thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each to there own I GUESS:scared:

You have got to laugh hey!!!!:wave:

activecampers
05-09-2011, 08:01
Since when has anything you mentioned been illegal?!

No part of gay/homosexuality is illegal.

Sex with consenting adults isn't illegal

Sex in motorvehicles isn't illegal.

I'm sure all of us have had sex with consenting adults in motorvehicles, and those that wildcamp have probably done it in laybys with other people around. Which I guess is technically dogging? (According to wikipedia: Dogging is a British English euphemism for engaging in sexual acts in a public or semi-public place or watching others doing so).

If so guilty as charged with almost all the members here (obviously ONE or two exceptions)

PS - I was saying about advertising the dogging spots here as tounge in cheek humor to try and negate the closed prudish views you mentioned,
PPS - in answer to your "i dont know what other members may read into your post but i would imagine they wont agree wholehartedly" judging by the above post by kimbowbill, I think this forum has more open minded members than not

PPPS - for the record, we aren't doggers, so no more PMs asking for meets please ;)

mandrake
05-09-2011, 08:36
Since when has anything you mentioned been illegal?!

No part of gay/homosexuality is illegal.

Sex with consenting adults isn't illegal

Sex in motorvehicles isn't illegal.

I'm sure all of us have had sex with consenting adults in motorvehicles, and those that wildcamp have probably done it in laybys with other people around. Which I guess is technically dogging? (According to wikipedia: Dogging is a British English euphemism for engaging in sexual acts in a public or semi-public place or watching others doing so).

If so guilty as charged with almost all the members here (obviously ONE or two exceptions)

PS - I was saying about advertising the dogging spots here as tounge in cheek humor to try and negate the closed prudish views you mentioned,
PPS - in answer to your "i dont know what other members may read into your post but i would imagine they wont agree wholehartedly" judging by the above post by kimbowbill, I think this forum has more open minded members than not

PPPS - for the record, we do not go dogging with strangers lol!

well for one i am not anti gay as you put it for one as i have one or two friends that happen to be gay and they are nice people male and female .also my landlord who i rent my home from is aswell we also had a debate about this thing a while back and one of the members on here due to his preference was so badly treat that he left i stuck up for hime as did many otheres on here .and as you say what we get up to in our motor homes is up to us . but may i pick yopu up whare you say that having sex in public is ilegal i cannot remember the exact wording of the offence but it comes under offences of the public decencey act ,but thats not realy the point i am making .what i am saying is when daytrippers are out and want to park up with there kids or even with themselves the last thing they want is to be surrounded by these type of people as they not only want to indulge in there pastimes at night but during the day .when these people take over a spot they prevent other people from enjoying themselves and to tell you the truth the majority of the public dont want it . they have homes and aught to keep it there . ps you say i have prudish veiws well if i have then most of the people round here where i lve must be the same as we had a layby near us that was used for there antics and the council have chopped all the trees down and police patrols have stopped it all

donkey too
05-09-2011, 08:59
Well said Mandrake.
I am also of the mind that what is done behind closed doors is no business of anyone else. But I do not want these people where I am camping especially as they seem to want to show what they are doing to all and sundry with no attempt to hide it from public view. I also object to the amount of filthy litter they leave behind. Perhaps the police/ local authorities should collect some and run dna tests on it and publish the names of them that leave it.:mad:

mandrake
05-09-2011, 09:14
like i say folks do what they want within reason , its a free country but there are limits . we had an experiance of doggers last year , we were parked up in the brecons and to cut a long story short they were knocking on the van windows and we had to move they are a nusance and stop law abiding members of the public enjoing themselves as i say there hobby as its been put is not confind the the night time but during the day aswell

Canalsman
05-09-2011, 10:05
I think a lot of the secluded places we like to overnight at may also attract people involved in other "pass times", just lock your doors, close your curtains and don't go outside for a pee. If we delete all possible "dodgy" locations, we'll end up with none at all.

I am happy to reinstate places if future reports indicate that they are no longer likely to cause offence.

My view is that it if a place is likely to be deemed unsuitable/unsafe by the majority, it shouldn't appear in the list ...

mandrake
05-09-2011, 10:43
i do think there is a big differennce between a couple of cars parked up with misted up windows with a cople of lovers in enjoying there selves as we have all done at some time or other , and what happens when the doggers and others( safest to say) turn up enmass and all there watchers .

kimbowbill
05-09-2011, 15:36
this happened to me a couple of years ago, parked up at foxhouse car park, i was on my own, someone came and knocked on my window, i must admit i was scared at first, they asked me if i wanted to join in, i just politley said no, and that was it, i dont have any issues with people doing what they want, when they want, i have had more hassle from the people who come and park right next to me, people chining at me cos i dont go 100 mph, irresponsible dog owners with stupid yapping dogs, kids on motorbikes, poachers, noisey out of control children, moible DJ's that park up blasting music out smoking weed, joyriders, the horn honkers at stupid o clock, this is life, we have to put up with it, the highways, byways, laybys, fields and forests are there for us ALL to enjoy, i've never heard of doggers causing problems to others.

Jen xx

kimbowbill
05-09-2011, 15:39
[QUOTE=mandrake;141803]' with a cople of lovers in enjoying there selves as we have all done at some time or other

mmmmm oh yeah, you little tinker you :banana:

Jen xx

mandrake
05-09-2011, 15:43
what :rolleyes:

kimbowbill
05-09-2011, 15:53
what :rolleyes:

is the 'what' aimed at me?:o

yorkslass
05-09-2011, 19:18
hi all. we stayed in this lay by earlier in the year without any problems. It was very busy, quite alot of cars driving about but most overnighters were lorry drivers. only went out to walk the dog.

Teffy
05-09-2011, 21:23
Gosh, this site is very educational! What a sheltered life I've led!

mandrake
05-09-2011, 23:42
is the 'what' aimed at me?:o

no not at all it just means what i dont know what you are on about .i was always a good boy and was in bed by 10 :D

Tbear
06-09-2011, 05:50
no not at all it just means what i dont know what you are on about .i was always a good boy and was in bed by 10 :D

And if not in bed by 10 you went home:lol-053:

Raven
06-09-2011, 08:01
When I eventually hit the road I'll be looking for something a bit more scenic than a gay dogging layby. There's no one gay I've ever known who'd be looking to park up in a gay dogging layby either. It's important not to confuse being gay with indiscriminate sex in laybys and public toilets because that's about something else entirely. There's a concerningly oppressive mindset in this country nowadays, where accusations of prejudice are so readily wielded to flatten the opinions of those who would find such a thing distasteful.

kernowprickles
06-09-2011, 18:27
this happened to me a couple of years ago, parked up at foxhouse car park, i was on my own, someone came and knocked on my window, i must admit i was scared at first, they asked me if i wanted to join in, i just politley said no, and that was it, i dont have any issues with people doing what they want, when they want, i have had more hassle from the people who come and park right next to me, people chining at me cos i dont go 100 mph, irresponsible dog owners with stupid yapping dogs, kids on motorbikes, poachers, noisey out of control children, moible DJ's that park up blasting music out smoking weed, joyriders, the horn honkers at stupid o clock, this is life, we have to put up with it, the highways, byways, laybys, fields and forests are there for us ALL to enjoy, i've never heard of doggers causing problems to others.

Jen xx

I agree with Jen, unless the doggers (gay or otherwise) are hellbent on getting you to join in, I'd rather put up with them in a layby than the other alternatives she mentions! Unless the screams of ecstasy were very loud and prolonged, that is!!

jurasik
06-09-2011, 18:30
I am sorry if I have stirred up a hornets nest here. I just wished to post about that layby, to alert other users of the database. I am not anti gay at all, I just don't wish to be parked up where dogging was occuring. It was a Saturday evening I parked there, so I don't know if it occurs any other day of the week.
Stu.

kimbowbill
06-09-2011, 18:49
I agree with Jen, unless the doggers (gay or otherwise) are hellbent on getting you to join in, I'd rather put up with them in a layby than the other alternatives she mentions! Unless the screams of ecstasy were very loud and prolonged, that is!!

oh i dont know KP, some of that bloody rap music the idoits play, think i'd rather listen to someone haveing a good sorting TBH :heart:

Jen xx

kimbowbill
06-09-2011, 18:53
I am sorry if I have stirred up a hornets nest here. I just wished to post about that layby, to alert other users of the database. I am not anti gay at all, I just don't wish to be parked up where dogging was occuring. It was a Saturday evening I parked there, so I don't know if it occurs any other day of the week.
Stu.

hey dont apologise, thats what makes this forum what it is, it opens up a debate, sometimes you can change peoples views sometimes not, but we all still remain friends,i for one enjoy reading others views, as long as people dont become offensive we are entiltled to air our views

jen xx

cooljules
06-09-2011, 19:41
hey dont apologise, thats what makes this forum what it is, it opens up a debate, sometimes you can change peoples views sometimes not, but we all still remain friends,i for one enjoy reading others views, as long as people dont become offensive we are entiltled to air our views

jen xx

nothing will make me change my views!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arthur my old dog, is blumin ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! horrendous looking even!

Croftland1
06-09-2011, 20:48
I happened to be driving past Haworth, West Yorkshire on business today and had a look at a couple of the POI's from our database. I parked briefly at the car park on Penistone Hill with the toilet block on (CR Haworth 1, I think) and nipped in for a pee. To my disgust I walked in on two middle aged men having anal sex over the urinals at 12 o'clock midday.
Call me a prude if you like but I'm afraid I do not take the live and let live approach. I see this is a disgusting activity for a public place in the height of the day. I could have been on a family day out and taken a child in with me.
This must be a recognised problem here, because the toilet block is locked at 5pm.

Oh, and the other one I checked out was the car park to the nearby closed down Ponden Mill. It has been blocked off by concrete cubes to prevent access, so needs removing from the database please Chris.

Do what you want with the toilets car park listing, but I know that I certainly won't be using it for a stopover.

Jim

maingate
06-09-2011, 21:23
There is a potentially really good wilding spot on the coast where we take the dogs now and again.

Like Jim (Croftland 1), I caught 2 blokes at it one morning. Another good place spoiled. :mad2:

cooljules
06-09-2011, 21:27
thats a couple of people who have seen this now. if i did i would kick off big time, say something etc.

why didnt someone film them on a fone, make notes of their car and call the police???????????????? its illigal etc

i cant see why people would just walk into the toilets, see it then just walk out.....................................without doing anything. had i seen it with my kids with me, i would have seriously hurt the 2 guys.

Canalsman
06-09-2011, 22:35
Oh, and the other one I checked out was the car park to the nearby closed down Ponden Mill. It has been blocked off by concrete cubes to prevent access, so needs removing from the database please Chris.

I have removed this from the POI database - thanks for the update :)

Regards

Chris

mandrake
07-09-2011, 07:27
thats a couple of people who have seen this now. if i did i would kick off big time, say something etc.

why didnt someone film them on a fone, make notes of their car and call the police???????????????? its illigal etc

i cant see why people would just walk into the toilets, see it then just walk out.....................................without doing anything. had i seen it with my kids with me, i would have seriously hurt the 2 guys.

we all know there are pervy wierdoes about , its best if you do have kids with you never let them go into public toilets alone . god knows who is inside

vera
07-09-2011, 08:50
We were in Thirsk last weekend visiting family and I noticed a sign on one of the pubs in the market place telling locals that the Landlord and Landlady were moving to the Dog and Gun at Carltom Minniot.
I don,t know if they will still take Motorhomes but if anyone is passing or heading that way it might be worth a phone call.
We have stayed here in the past.
A friendly bunch of locals.
Sue
:hammer:

fofeg101
07-09-2011, 21:51
I did a little Googling and found those people have their own websites which show the places they use, I checked and none of the overnight places I've recommended are on the list, although, there were a couple of places not far from here that where. On one site it talks about "Not wanting old people to turn up", so I'm immediately excluded....ageism again, I've a good mind to write and complain to David Cameron.

Firefox
08-09-2011, 04:03
There is a website as I found out tonight, which lists the spots where this may go on.

Devils Dyke is listed as one of them, a place I have wilded many nights and never seen anything going on.

Another one is a car park on Royston Heath which I also know well. Again I've never seen anything when I've used that, and wasn't aware otherwise that stuff went on.

So I'd be careful removing places because of a bad report or two. That kind of thing could happen anywhere, and even if it does it's not going to threaten you if you are tucked up in your van with the curtains closed and lights out.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS