PDA

View Full Version : back from another weekend away at Cromford, fotos and story.

cooljules
04-09-2011, 23:40
This time parked on the grass carpark area of the rugby club next to the carpark/toilets. as last week saw many cars, vans and the odd campervan, and i thought grass would be better. big sign saying private land etc. but in the day hundreds of cars, most just dog owners or walkers. there was a lot of cricket and rugby matches over the weekend, so any staff etc would see us, as we was parked closest and near the only exit/entrance

arrived Fri early evening, not long before the local boy racers tuned up in a few cars (we heard them last week from behind the large wall and carpark). driving all over the field with the sheep, hitting golf balls towards the sheep and being idiots. the local plod turned up but did nothing and on the way out parked infront of me, so i guess did a check on my reg, make sure i was legal etc then drove off.....

weather was good, i took a diff mate and he slept in the cab this time, and he didnt compain...we had a nice nice drinking lots of beer and cider (i forgot my mixer for the vodka...and i hate beer n cider!!!!)

sat lots of picnickers etc turned up and i was talking a very old couple in the 60's and their little terrior dogs...they said the little pup hadnt mixed with dogs and was happy that my big German shepherd was so soft to give it a little confidence. they were local and nice.

The dogs had a great weekend, with is in the field full of sheep, later in the day whey are just next to the campervan, and Wittmann wasnt bothered, just watching them. she was more interesed in other dogs.

we came back miday Sun.....

i really need to find other places, local for fuel reasons, but great for the dogs etc. as we dont want to draw attention to ourselves each weekend, somewhere a small tent can be put up next to the camper too, for my mate who cant sleep in the cab if he comes again lol

Heres a few fotos, im the one with the blue t shirt and shorts (same ones as last week lol, but been washed....)

Again beware, i have a very ugly dog, that will put you off your food, and a very cute german shepherd!!

weekend with bones pictures by mrcooljules - Photobucket (http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/mrcooljules/weekend%20with%20bones/)

kimbowbill
05-09-2011, 07:47
This time parked on the grass carpark area of the rugby club next to the carpark/toilets. as last week saw many cars, vans and the odd campervan, and i thought grass would be better. big sign saying private land etc. but in the day hundreds of cars, most just dog owners or walkers. there was a lot of cricket and rugby matches over the weekend, so any staff etc would see us, as we was parked closest and near the only exit/entrance

arrived Fri early evening, not long before the local boy racers tuned up in a few cars (we heard them last week from behind the large wall and carpark). driving all over the field with the sheep, hitting golf balls towards the sheep and being idiots. the local plod turned up but did nothing and on the way out parked infront of me, so i guess did a check on my reg, make sure i was legal etc then drove off.....

weather was good, i took a diff mate and he slept in the cab this time, and he didnt compain...we had a nice nice drinking lots of beer and cider (i forgot my mixer for the vodka...and i hate beer n cider!!!!)

sat lots of picnickers etc turned up and i was talking a very old couple in the 60's and their little terrior dogs...they said the little pup hadnt mixed with dogs and was happy that my big German shepherd was so soft to give it a little confidence. they were local and nice.

The dogs had a great weekend, with is in the field full of sheep, later in the day whey are just next to the campervan, and Wittmann wasnt bothered, just watching them. she was more interesed in other dogs.

we came back miday Sun.....

i really need to find other places, local for fuel reasons, but great for the dogs etc. as we dont want to draw attention to ourselves each weekend, somewhere a small tent can be put up next to the camper too, for my mate who cant sleep in the cab if he comes again lol

Heres a few fotos, im the one with the blue t shirt and shorts (same ones as last week lol, but been washed....)

Again beware, i have a very ugly dog, that will put you off your food, and a very cute german shepherd!!

weekend with bones pictures by mrcooljules - Photobucket (http://s955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/mrcooljules/weekend%20with%20bones/)

Your right, he his ugly, but the brown one is really cute, bless xx,lol, glad you had a good wk end CJ and when i see you i'm gunna stick pins in your eyes for what you say about your pooch

Jen xx

mandrake
05-09-2011, 08:11
glad you had a good time .we used to love going to matlock when we lived up in wombwell near sheffild and found matlock a lovely place . we did stay one saturday night on that field with i think 3 other vans ,only thing was the i asume land owner /farmer came on the sunday morning and almost had a thromby with us all ,said i know your type and if you dont move i will get the police .so we never stayed on that field again , mind you a few months later we were overnighting in the cromford car park and there were loads of caravans in the field ,think it must have been a rally of some kind .we did notice that quite a few of the boy racers turned up ,but to tell the truth were no problem realy as they stayed about an hour or so if i remember correctly and then left . enjoy the matlock area we did .by the way anybody seen les and mo with there van lately ,as they spend a week or two in the railway carpark in matlock bath .

Firefox
05-09-2011, 10:37
Great photos!

Van looks good; very roomy, I'm surprised it wouldn't sleep two in comfort though.

cooljules
05-09-2011, 11:21
It was a nice couple of nights away. hope to get a good few in over winter too, then next year a trip to the south coast fossil hunting, and get wittmann a pet passport also, so can do europe next year.

i noticed that on the 2 trips, the fuel economy was much much better than i expected. which is a big bonus, i was expecting around 20 max, but seem to be about 30, esp on the flat steady roads.

the rear of the van would def sleep more than just me, but i like my privicy lol. my mates can sleep in the cab, or as suggested 'under' the van....that didnt go down too well.

yorkslass
05-09-2011, 19:35
we are at cromford at the moment, its raining persistently. thought we would check it out as so many recomend it. am ashamed to say that although we are yorkshire folk we have never been to the peaks before. mostly gone east. what fantastic scenery!

cooljules
05-09-2011, 19:38
we are at cromford at the moment, its raining persistently. thought we would check it out as so many recomend it. am ashamed to say that although we are yorkshire folk we have never been to the peaks before. mostly gone east. what fantastic scenery!yes its nice isnt it.

are you in the main gravel car park, with the toilet block, or other side with the grass and sheeP????

i love a walk with the dogs, or if in too much pain i can sit on a bench. in that canal are some bloomin huge pike!!!!!!!

hope to be back soon.

mandrake
05-09-2011, 19:51
ah you have seen the pike then, was it in the basin , dont know how it survives a i never saw any prey fish in that canal . it is great there we loved it .enjoy

kimbowbill
05-09-2011, 19:53
we are at cromford at the moment, its raining persistently. thought we would check it out as so many recomend it. am ashamed to say that although we are yorkshire folk we have never been to the peaks before. mostly gone east. what fantastic scenery!

Theres a lovely walk along the river, if it stops raining, hope it does for you

Jen xx

cooljules
05-09-2011, 19:54
ah you have seen the pike then, was it in the basin , dont know how it survives a i never saw any prey fish in that canal . it is great there we loved it .enjoy

yes, the very large dark male and the smaller lighter females. i guess in the spring they feast on ducking etc.

im not sure but are these not a invasive specie of fish? so can be killed? i guess they are destroying the local waterlife there

cooljules
05-09-2011, 19:55
Theres a lovely walk along the river, if it stops raining, hope it does for you

Jen xx

no Cromford is a rubbish place...no nice walks or anything, i wouldnt recomend it to anyone!!!! :-) hehe.

my dogs love it, even very old ugly arthur can paddle, where the canal banking sides are only slope down a litte....

mandrake
06-09-2011, 00:04
no i dont think they are classed as an invasive species as they are classed as an non introduced species . i think mabey the zander are ,more commonly known as the pike perch as some belived they were a hybrid between the pike and perch they wer introduced from north america or canada i belive, for there fighting qualities in the rivers down south and have bread wildly . if i am not mistaken pike they are not protected but classed as an semi endangered species , due to the introduction of more trout for the increasing trout fisheries springing up all over, they were killed of in there thousands as there is nothing a pike enjoys more than a young trout for lunch . also they were killed off in trout rich lakes .so now the fisheries authority are asking fishermen to return pike to the water . the reason that the pike are the only type of fish in the cromford canal is more than likely because pike are the last species of fish to inhabit a dying water .shame

cooljules
06-09-2011, 00:53
no i dont think they are classed as an invasive species as they are classed as an non introduced species . i think mabey the zander are ,more commonly known as the pike perch as some belived they were a hybrid between the pike and perch they wer introduced from north america or canada i belive, for there fighting qualities in the rivers down south and have bread wildly . if i am not mistaken pike they are not protected but classed as an semi endangered species , due to the introduction of more trout for the increasing trout fisheries springing up all over, they were killed of in there thousands as there is nothing a pike enjoys more than a young trout for lunch . also they were killed off in trout rich lakes .so now the fisheries authority are asking fishermen to return pike to the water . the reason that the pike are the only type of fish in the cromford canal is more than likely because pike are the last species of fish to inhabit a dying water .shame

yup your right, i wiki'd them after my post and read up.

the water purity looks ok from what i have seen, i will see what i can find out about it though. there must be a supply of youg frogs etc for the young pike. i did see smaller fish a little way up from the end of the canal end.

Old_Arthur
06-09-2011, 07:33

my dogs love it, even very old ugly arthur can paddle, where the canal banking sides are only slope down a litte....[/QUOTE]

:scared:thats not nice even a cabbage has a heart

cooljules
06-09-2011, 16:39

my dogs love it, even very old ugly arthur can paddle, where the canal banking sides are only slope down a litte....

:scared:thats not nice even a cabbage has a heart[/QUOTE]

true, and i like to rip it out with a big carving knife lol

my dog arthur is ugly, damn ugly (and like a loyal friend, is laid quetly on the bed next to me................looking ugly lol)

yorkslass
06-09-2011, 20:18
yes its nice isnt it.

are you in the main gravel car park, with the toilet block, or other side with the grass and sheeP????

i love a walk with the dogs, or if in too much pain i can sit on a bench. in that canal are some bloomin huge pike!!!!!!!

hope to be back soon.

stayed in main carpark in the corner near the house. it was very windy so it seemed to be most sheltered spot.did"t see any pike only loads of ducks.

cooljules
06-09-2011, 20:19
stayed in main carpark in the corner near the house. it was very windy so it seemed to be most sheltered spot.did"t see any pike only loads of ducks.

what you do u think to that place? i like it, dogs like it. how long where you there for?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS