PDA

View Full Version : Maryport B5300 (LR)

CHII BUS
07-09-2011, 18:48
Hi Chris,
This is my 1st submission so hope I have done it right.
Co-ordinates 54-441487 03-275697 (taken from google earth)

It should be a layby between the B5300 and the "beach" in-fact G/E shows a camper parked there!
We stopped there last night, ample room to turn a large camper round, perfectly flat, hidden from road by large shrubbery.
There is even a rubbish bin provided. Great view overlooking the solway firth.

teen
07-09-2011, 19:33
Hi Chris,

It should be a layby between the B5300 and the "beach" in-fact G/E shows a camper parked there!
We stopped there last night, ample room to turn a large camper round, perfectly flat, hidden from road by large shrubbery.

Hi Chris
missing the N and W and the spaces. I live just up the coast - glad you enjoyed it, there are many similar pull ins between Maryport and Silloth, many can be parked in overnight - the views are outstanding - just watch for the high tides or you could have a very wet night. :lol-049:

Teen X

Canalsman
07-09-2011, 23:03
Hi Chris,

That's a great spot to find :)

However the coordinates (latitude/longitude to be precise) are correct, but not correctly formatted.

I have just used Google Maps to point at the same place, then right clicked and selected 'What's here?'.

That should then give 54.7375,-3.465822 (or very close to that) in the search area to the left of the magnifying glass symbol.

That's the format that I use in the database, so if you can use that technique in the future that will make life easier.

This format is also the easiest to enter manually on a satnav.

I've added this place to the database.

Many thanks

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS