PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Inn, near Preston

Jo001
10-09-2011, 10:11
Had a meal here on Wednesday - we were on a site nearby (didn't have internet access to the database of free spots) and mentioned it to Graham Rowson, the landlord. He says he is happy for motorhomes to stop on his very large car park. In his words, "it's not doing anything else anyway". They also allow dogs.

The food was okay pub grub (fish and chips, steak pie, chicken curry etc). They stop serving at 7 pm.

The location is about 10 minutes off the M6, which makes it convenient for us on our way to or from the channel.

The address is Sidgreaves Lane, Preston, Lancs, PR4 0RS, phone number 01772 726 616. Website is Highly Commended Pub - The Saddle Inn - Preston, Lancashire. (http://www.saddleinn-preston.co.uk)

kenjones
10-09-2011, 14:51
Thanks.
Just checked the website and it looks worth a visit. Did you mean that they allow dogs inside the pub?

Canalsman
10-09-2011, 19:11
Thanks for the information - I've added it to the POI database :)

Regards

Chris

Jo001
11-09-2011, 14:55
Hi Ken,

yes, our dog was in the pub with us. They have a couple of areas, one where people eat and dogs aren't allowed, but another where dogs are, and they can serve food there too so that's where we ate. They even gave the dog some steak scraps! He was well pleased ...!

wints
11-09-2011, 17:13
I'm pretty sure they have regular camps in the field behind this pub. The last one I saw was a 'bikers rally'. Looked good.
Allen

dosser666
14-09-2011, 18:21
Just Heard on the local news Radio Lancs Saddle Inn Won
The Best UK Family Pub Award 2011
Sounds good all round

stony57
14-10-2011, 16:12
Hi, i'm new to motorhoming and wildcamping. We bought a camper last week (oct 2011) and tried our first ever wildcamp at the saddle inn. Graham was very friendly and even offered to run out a EHU for us. He's talking about getting some coin opperated hookup post installed. Well worth a stopover, though unfortunately I have nothing to compare it with. lol

christine
14-10-2011, 16:35
Looks interesting. How quiet was it staying in the car park and is it off the main road?

red ted
04-01-2012, 17:25
:beer::beer::beer:
Had a meal here on Wednesday - we were on a site nearby (didn't have internet access to the database of free spots) and mentioned it to Graham Rowson, the landlord. He says he is happy for motorhomes to stop on his very large car park. In his words, "it's not doing anything else anyway". They also allow dogs.

The food was okay pub grub (fish and chips, steak pie, chicken curry etc). They stop serving at 7 pm.

The location is about 10 minutes off the M6, which makes it convenient for us on our way to or from the channel.

The address is Sidgreaves Lane, Preston, Lancs, PR4 0RS, phone number 01772 726 616. Website is Highly Commended Pub - The Saddle Inn - Preston, Lancashire. (http://www.saddleinn-preston.co.uk)

sagart
05-01-2012, 06:46
"The food was okay pub grub (fish and chips, steak pie, chicken curry etc). They stop serving at 7 pm"

7pm? is this a typo as most pubs serve till 9pm. Good recommendation though

Jo001
05-01-2012, 12:28
Hi guys - it was definitely 7.00 pm, but remember it was a Wednesday so maybe they stay open later on a weekend. Also, on re-reading my original post, it looks like the food was just ok and wasn't that great - that isn't the case, the food was good pub fayre.

The car park is massive - highly recommended for a stopover going North or South.

red ted
16-04-2012, 21:03

Hi
We stayed over here on thursday night. Friendly pub. Can't fault our meals. Pleasant owners. Great pub to take your children when the wether is warmer.The view we woke up to was brillient. ver:beer:y peaceful.

sagart
17-04-2012, 07:48
7pm. stop serving it is.
Strikes me as bit early though...screws up the romantic evening out with herself/himself/themselves after a long drive

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS