PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy a little gathering somewhere for a couple of days?

Pages : [1] 2

cooljules
11-09-2011, 18:12
Somewhere not too far, but nice and quiet, ok for dogs. Fri to Sun or anytime? anyone up for it? im in Sheffield :-) 2 dogs, one really cute, the other one totally ugly and grotesque.

bigpieeater
11-09-2011, 18:18
Somewhere not too far, but nice and quiet, ok for dogs. Fri to Sun or anytime? anyone up for it? im in Sheffield :-) 2 dogs, one really cute, the other one totally ugly and grotesque.

The wife and I would be up for it, but she would clash with your second Dog, they sound to be similar!! :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

donkey too
11-09-2011, 18:21
I would be up for it especially if this side of Sheff. Retford, sherwood etc.

Your second dog would remind me of my 'Er in doors so I wouldn't be lonely.:cool1:

cooljules
11-09-2011, 18:35
I would be up for it especially if this side of Sheff. Retford, sherwood etc.

Your second dog would remind me of my 'Er in doors so I wouldn't be lonely.:cool1:

well derbyshire has some nice places, so south of sheff would be fine. just make sure your food has settled before you meet the dog :-)

Rubbertramp
11-09-2011, 19:16
Count me in if the Donkey is going....he's a scream!

cooljules
11-09-2011, 19:32
Count me in if the Donkey is going....he's a scream!

aber is that good or bad? lol

cornwalls a bit far :-)

Firefox
11-09-2011, 22:56
I will come if free. Derbyshire/Notts would be good for me as not too far up the M1.

If there are several vans, somewhere with some kind of permission is probably advisable.

cooljules
11-09-2011, 23:02
I will come if free. Derbyshire/Notts would be good for me as not too far up the M1.

If there are several vans, somewhere with some kind of permission is probably advisable.

cool. so if anyone can think of anywhere they know that would be good. im a newbie and only been to one location so far :-)

Firefox
12-09-2011, 00:13
That probably requires a bit of local or previous knowledge, and also depends on what you are prepared to tolerate.

For example, I don't care if it's a large car park or pub where overnighting is permissible. Whereas some people insist on grass, forest or a wilder location.

cooljules
12-09-2011, 00:21
That probably requires a bit of local or previous knowledge, and also depends on what you are prepared to tolerate.

For example, I don't care if it's a large car park or pub where overnighting is permissible. Whereas some people insist on grass, forest or a wilder location.

first place i ever did was a large car park....2nd was a grass covered large car park at the other side of that wall :-)

kimbowbill
12-09-2011, 07:21
depends when your meeting and if any females are coming, i will come, i know of a good place in fiskerton, notts, but this was years ago, use to moor my boat up there and there was always loads of MHs, theres a good pub too, CJ i will find you out the name and you can ring the landlord seen as its your meet :wacko: theres also another one at farndon Marina, agin this was years ago and dont know what the current situation is, best checking first innit

Jen

kimbowbill
12-09-2011, 07:28
This was posted by andyfast last month

Re co ordinates
Hi Jen, weve met some great boaters recently, one very nice couple that live on a narrow boat and have a motorhome. We talked for hours and they gave us loads of helpfull tips. They sold us a nearly new set of outside silver screens for our talbot for 20.
Sorry, I should have done it, but as it is now, it was late. I only know how to get post codes and will do it ASAP, if there is an easy way to get co ordinates please let me know. If you are desperate, google might help. Gunthorpe, Nottinghamshire on the river Trent is a must. If you find it on google maps, then go to street view. down river towards Newark is Farndon with a big Marina an a couple of pubs with a big free car park grass woodland walks and toilets. I will look up pub names post codes and phone numbers. Boaters are great people to ask about good free parking as they need to park up near their boats.
Although I read loads of forums, I never post, so if I'm doing things wrong, please let me know, thanks, Andy and Shelley[/COLOR]

he never got back to me with pub names, but you could do a bit of research and find it out for yourself, i have to get ready for work now but will be back later, good luck,

Jen

Old_Arthur
12-09-2011, 07:59
hi jenny ,after this guy posted this we slithered down there:scared: 53.06049,-0.855272 and had a good weekend no probs there is also a toilet block on the car park, went back again a few weeks ago

Tbear
12-09-2011, 08:01
Think they mean 53.060695,-0.855934 Just outside Newark

Richard

Tbear
12-09-2011, 08:03
Sorry Arthur , you must type faster than me.

Richard

cooljules
12-09-2011, 09:30
Looks a good spot then. Im free anytime so i will get the ball rolling with............Fri 30th Sept.

So any more females available, so Jen can come?

donkey too
12-09-2011, 10:03
Looks a good spot then. Im free anytime so i will get the ball rolling with............Fri 30th Sept.

So any more females available, so Jen can come?

I'll come in drag iof you like.,:wacko:

Re pubs. Yes must be a pub within walking (stagering) distance. Love the idea of riverside as well. I am up for anywhere realyt but as I said I have limited mobility now and would not want to bring a mobility device as it limits the room in my van and also has to be charger on mains. Unless of course you want to go completly wild:banana:and catch our own food etc. we could then bring along a case or three of booze.:D

donkey too
12-09-2011, 10:10
Just looked up those co odinates and I have stoped there. but I believe the field for parking belongs to pub so it would be prudent to contact the pub first. They do get full at week ends and they may not take kindly to a whole crowd of campers turning up out of the blue.

Firefox
12-09-2011, 12:36
I think I can do 30th September:

53.060695,-0.855934 - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=53.060695,-0.855934&hl=en&ll=53.060382,-0.854946&spn=0.001036,0.002728&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=16.607072,44.692383&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=53.060287,-0.855026&panoid=SZ4PCQ35FEwMgxkLiUWwdg&cbp=12,23.04,,0,0)

There's the Street View: link above. (use the < > keys on the top left circle to rotate the view, if you're not familiar with Street View)

The field looks closed off to vehicles with newly placed stones, trees, and a notice I can't read (probably says No camping, No vehicles!). But Car park OK if we use the pub and get permission to overnight. Also a toilet block as noted for those without facilities.

DTDog
12-09-2011, 13:36
I'd be up for this.
I agrea that the pub really should be contacted and possibly suggesting that each van would be having at least one evening meal there, as well as buying plenty of thier finest ale ??

If there is a list, please add my name to it. If there isn't, do you have ideas of numbers??

Just imagining some old couple travelling through Notts and thinking "I know, we'll stop at this lovely little place. It will be ever so quite this time of year!!" only to find us lot turning up. :lol-053::lol-053:

Firefox
12-09-2011, 13:52
Probably say to them we will be eating and drinking there "in general" rather than saying one meal per van etc because there could be some people who may not want to eat or drink there.

I know that may sound a little strange, but just trying not to tie certain people down too much by keeping it vague is better.

Personally I would be having a meal there and drinking some of their finest ;)

donkey too
12-09-2011, 14:07
I am deffinately a yes for any week end

cooljules
12-09-2011, 14:53
Probably say to them we will be eating and drinking there "in general" rather than saying one meal per van etc because there could be some people who may not want to eat or drink there.

I know that may sound a little strange, but just trying not to tie certain people down too much by keeping it vague is better.

Personally I would be having a meal there and drinking some of their finest ;)

good point, if im going from the Fri to the Sun, i wouldnt be able to afford to eat all the time at the pub, might be able to stretch to once, and a few drinks..

rest of the time will be cooking in the camper, and a bottle of cheap vodka and even cheaper energy drinks :-)

cooljules
12-09-2011, 14:53
ok someone asked if there was a list..well there is now :-)

Cooljules and his 2 dogs

Firefox
12-09-2011, 15:24
List so far:

1. CoolJules
2. Firefox
3. Donkey Too
4. Rubbertramp
5. DTDog

Possibles: Squibby(?), BigPieeater+wife, Kangooroo, (she keeps looking at the thread so I know she is itching to come!) Jen (if Kangooroo or BPE's wife comes or one of us will come in drag)

Any more takers ?

I'd vote we just tell them something like 5-7 vans and leave it at that for now, even if other people tag along at the last minute. Telling them 10+ vans may frighten them off unnecessarily, as not everyone always shows for these impromptu gatherings.

donkey too
12-09-2011, 15:34
I second that motion. as long as it don't rain. don't want my pussy to get wet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unmkX15AeN8:lol-053:

kimbowbill
12-09-2011, 17:42
well even tho any dates have not been mentioned i assume its this weekend?, i'm in scarborough, sos, would have come xx

cooljules
12-09-2011, 17:46
well even tho any dates have not been mentioned i assume its this weekend?, i'm in scarborough, sos, would have come xx

ah.....but i did mention a date, last weekend of Sept :-) your just trying to get out, cos you dont want to see my damn ugly dog Arthur again ;-)

kimbowbill
12-09-2011, 18:24
ah.....but i did mention a date, last weekend of Sept :-) your just trying to get out, cos you dont want to see my damn ugly dog Arthur again ;-)

i can cope with your dog, its more like your ugly mush thats the problem, lol, where does it say dates??? if its last week in sept i can come

kangooroo
12-09-2011, 20:07
List so far:
Possibles: Squibby(?), BigPieeater+wife, Kangooroo, (she keeps looking at the thread so I know she is itching to come!) Jen (if Kangooroo or BPE's wife comes or one of us will come in drag)

Yes, it's a very good weekend for me and I am itching to join you.

I'm actually free all weekend and the days either side but... it clashes with my husband's boat's annual lift-out immediately followed by a canoeing course so I need to be here to look after the buns. If I could find someone reliable to do this then I'd be along like a shot and make it into a long weekend. It's also an area I've never visited so would enjoy exploring.

Probably say to them we will be eating and drinking there "in general" rather than saying one meal per van etc because there could be some people who may not want to eat or drink there. I know that may sound a little strange, but just trying not to tie certain people down too much by keeping it vague is better.

As you say, if the meet is in a pub car park then it's better to keep things flexible and suggest something along the lines of 'probably most of us will pop in for a drink and/or meal' without committing everyone to either going in and/or spending excessively but just agree the principle that some money will be spent in thanks for allowing the meet to take place. I'm one of those who doesn't go to pubs so I wouldn't want any obligation to buy any pub meal or drink - but I wouldn't want to jeopardise a meet location for others. Speaking in general, if ever there was such an obligation at any meet, I would simply respectfully stay away.

cooljules
12-09-2011, 20:10
i can cope with your dog, its more like your ugly mush thats the problem, lol, where does it say dates??? if its last week in sept i can come

post #16 :-)

Squibby
12-09-2011, 20:22
Count me in, will be coming up from Portsmouth so won't be there till six ish at a push.

Squibby.

Firefox
12-09-2011, 22:53
Yep, post #16 and I picked up on Jool's suggestion in post #19 which give proposed dates of Fri 30 Sep, Sat 1 Oct, Sun 2nd Oct.

Do you want to contact the pub Jools or I can if you want.

cooljules
12-09-2011, 22:58
Yep, post #16 and I picked up on Jool's suggestion in post #19 which give proposed dates of Fri 30 Sep, Sat 1 Oct, Sun 2nd Oct.

if you could :-)

kimbowbill
13-09-2011, 03:24
post #16 :-)

my humbelsit apologies, lol, r8 count me in then, bugger it if theres no women, i'm like a bloke anyway lol, i will go in pub but dont think i will be eating, me too is skint

kimbowbill
13-09-2011, 03:29

i know of another place its not in a pub car park but its very near to a good pub, well it used to be years ago, so if its a no go at the pub you are contacting i will pm you the details of the other place, dont want to post it cos you dont know who's watching, it may be on the POI files not sure, i will pm canalsman,

Jen xx

DTDog
13-09-2011, 14:56
my humbelsit apologies, lol, r8 count me in then, bugger it if theres no women, i'm like a bloke anyway lol, i will go in pub but dont think i will be eating, me too is skint

My misses will be coming as well, so thats at least two of you!!
And my 13yr old son!!
And our little dog!!

Firefox
13-09-2011, 15:49
Looks like we will be well supplied with dogs!

I have emailed the Riverside Kitchen (The Britannia is not on email). If they don't reply in a couple of days I'll call them.

bob72
13-09-2011, 21:17
We have the week off from monday 3rd Oct and are planning on heading up to Scotland (from Bristol) so I saw this and thought ideal. Shame you guys are not headed more westwards as we could have called in for one night on the way up.

donkey too
15-09-2011, 07:21
Whats the latest on this meet???? This week end???? or when????:wave::wave::wave:

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 07:48
Whats the latest on this meet???? This week end???? or when????:wave::wave::wave:

Hi D2, i do believe its the weekend starting the friday 30th september, theres no update as to where as yet, i think it was firefox that emailed a pub to ask permission, as i have said in an earlier post, if we cant get permission for farndon marina then i know of another spot, by the river within walking distance of a nice pub (well it was 4 yrs ago)

Jen xx

cooljules
15-09-2011, 12:49
Hi D2, i do believe its the weekend starting the friday 30th september, theres no update as to where as yet, i think it was firefox that emailed a pub to ask permission, as i have said in an earlier post, if we cant get permission for farndon marina then i know of another spot, by the river within walking distance of a nice pub (well it was 4 yrs ago)

Jen xx

yes thats the weekend :-)

DTDog
15-09-2011, 15:34

Friday 30th September till 2nd October (2011 !! ).

cooljules
15-09-2011, 15:40
hopefully by then, i will have rearanged the interior a bit, moved the kitchen area and got a couch/bed area done at least.

Firefox
15-09-2011, 16:01
I emailed the Riverside Pub two days ago. They never replied to me yet. Good job for them it was not a 2000 enquiry for a wedding reception, if they are so slack with their emails!

I'll phone the Britannia tonight which is the other pub.

Firefox
15-09-2011, 18:08
The number for the Britannia listed on the websites does not receive incoming calls. Doh!... Not much point listing the number then...

I guess I will have to send them a snail mail. We have got a couple of weeks though so hopefully they will reply next week.

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 19:59
The number for the Britannia listed on the websites does not receive incoming calls. Doh!... Not much point listing the number then...

I guess I will have to send them a snail mail. We have got a couple of weeks though so hopefully they will reply next week.

Well if that fails, i know antoher place where we can go

Jen

cooljules
15-09-2011, 20:02
Well if that fails, i know antoher place where we can go

Jen

ah, so thats everyone pile up to your street and park outside ;-)

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 20:10
ah, so thats everyone pile up to your street and park outside ;-)

ha,yeah roll up roll up, lets annoy the neighbours, infact CJ, thats a pretty good idea, my neighbour runs an illegal car business from his home, i can never get parked and i have a nightmare getting in my drive with all his sheds parked on the street, if all you lot turn up will be one in the eye for him :o

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 20:51
right guys n gals

i have just spoke to the landlord (tim) at the Bromley Arms, fiskerton, i told him there could be up to 10 vans, he is happy to accommodate us for the weekend, he said it could be tight but if we are happy to park up in front of each other he would be fine with that, i told him we would be eating and drinking in his pub, but not all of us, when i first rang a young girl answered, i asked her about the car park further down the road, by the river, she said it was hard to get too, can any of you see how, cos this is an ideal location, i used to moor my boat here and there was always MHs parked there but i never took much interest in the accessibility as i was in my boat, do you want to stick with this location

53.054483,-0.897191

or wait for a reply from the other one

CJ this is your meet, can you assist with the decision making plz, if you are struggling, ask Arthur lol

Jen

cooljules
15-09-2011, 20:56
right guys n gals

i have just spoke to the landlord (tim) at the Bromley Arms, fiskerton, i told him there could be up to 10 vans, he is happy to accommodate us for the weekend, he said it could be tight but if we are happy to park up in front of each other he would be fine with that, i told him we would be eating and drinking in his pub, but not all of us, when i first rang a young girl answered, i asked her about the car park further down the road, by the river, she said it was hard to get too, can any of you see how, cos this is an ideal location, i used to moor my boat here and there was always MHs parked there but i never took much interest in the accessibility as i was in my boat, do you want to stick with this location

53.054483,-0.897191

or wait for a reply from the other one

CJ this is your meet, can you assist with the decision making plz, if you are struggling, ask Arthur lol

Jen

Arthur is happy anywhere :-) we can try the further car park, no harm in trying.

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 21:12
Arthur is happy anywhere :-) we can try the further car park, no harm in trying.

no there isnt but you need to decide which car park/pub are we going for, the one Firefox is trying to get hold of, or the one i have spoke too, doh wakey wakey CJ :banana:

cooljules
15-09-2011, 21:14
no there isnt but you need to decide which car park/pub are we going for, the one Firefox is trying to get hold of, or the one i have spoke too, doh wakey wakey CJ :banana:

ah, ok...brain fade moment.

im happy anywhere. :-)

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 21:20
Right guys and gals, the meet is on, its anywhere, sorry i dont have the co ordinates as i cant find it on google maps, i will be going down friday hopefully i will just stumble upon it am looking forward to meeting you all, not posting anymore, my fingers hurt, not as much as my brain tho

Jen

Canalsman
15-09-2011, 21:22
Might come along too :)

cooljules
15-09-2011, 21:23
Right guys and gals, the meet is on, its anywhere, sorry i dont have the co ordinates as i cant find it on google maps, i will be going down friday hopefully i will just stumble upon it am looking forward to meeting you all, not posting anymore, my fingers hurt, not as much as my brain tho

Jen

thanks :-) hopefully randy henry doesnt try it on too much with wittmann ;-) hopefully a nice area for all the dogs that are coming!

Canalsman
15-09-2011, 21:24
I'd like to bring my dog - she's a lurcher called Bella ...

Any dog exercising areas nearby?

Canalsman
15-09-2011, 21:25
And I wonder if Phil might be persuaded to join us?

cooljules
15-09-2011, 21:26

should be, that was one of the main things from the start.

beware though, i have a damn ugly dog, a manky face that scares small children

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 21:29
thanks :-) hopefully randy henry doesnt try it on too much with wittmann ;-) hopefully a nice area for all the dogs that are coming!

lol, if your lucky you might get some off him, he's not fussy lol, soooooo back to the meet, do you want to go for the one at fiskerton? so you can inform the rest of the crew thats wanting to come ????????????? would you like to phone a friend, 50/50 or ask the audience????? lol

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 21:31

its right by the river, loads of space for her to run, plenty of dogs coming, more than peeps i think lol

jen

cooljules
15-09-2011, 21:31
its right by the river, loads of space for her to run, plenty of dogs coming, more than peeps i think lol

jen

ok, this place sounds good :-)

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 21:32
And I wonder if Phil might be persuaded to join us?

that would be good,

cooljules
15-09-2011, 21:33
lol, if your lucky you might get some off him, he's not fussy lol, soooooo back to the meet, do you want to go for the one at fiskerton? so you can inform the rest of the crew thats wanting to come ????????????? would you like to phone a friend, 50/50 or ask the audience????? lol

will remember to take another pair of jeans, incase he pee's on me again lol

Canalsman
15-09-2011, 21:33
Farndon looks better for the dogs ... and it's a nice big field

cooljules
15-09-2011, 21:34
Farndon looks better for the dogs ...

how come? whats there?

Canalsman
15-09-2011, 21:36
Big field - look here Farndon, Newark - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/4x9nl3v)

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 21:36
Farndon looks better for the dogs ... and it's a nice big field

Yes your right Chirs, it does, well lets hope firefox can get a response, Old Aurthr said he had no probs but one van is a bit different to 10

Jen

Canalsman
15-09-2011, 22:18
There's a bit of confusion about Farndon and the pub.

Apparently it used to be called The Britannia, but it's now been refurbished - see the link here The Riverside Pub and Kitchen - Farndon - Newark - Nottingham (http://www.riversidefarndon.co.uk/)

There's a reservations phone number 01636 710 990, so that must accept calls!

The land adjacent to the pub is marked on the OS map as a car park, and a local anglers group identifies it as a car park. There also appears to be a toilet block so it's unlikely the land is the pub's.

It might be worth a call to the Farndon Parish Council clerk on 01636 708538 ...

Beemer
15-09-2011, 22:29
Whoa! wait for us!
Just been informed by DTdog about this get together...
Have just recently got back from a little bike ride to Germany, and don't want to miss out on another weekend away!!
Count us in!!:dance:

cooljules
15-09-2011, 22:31
Whoa! wait for us!
Just been informed by DTdog about this get together...
Have just recently got back from a little bike ride to Germany, and don't want to miss out on another weekend away!!
Count us in!!:dance:
willkommen :-)

kimbowbill
15-09-2011, 23:13
Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo (maybe)
Squibby
Canalsman (maybe)
Beemer
Lotty and hubby (maybe)
Me for deffo, cant wait to see henry pee up CJ's leg again lol,
Grinner555

have i missed anyone out?

cooljules
16-09-2011, 01:20
Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo (maybe)
Squibby
Canalsman (maybe)
Beemer
Lotty and hubby (maybe)

i will wear my khaki shorts....then henry wont come near my boney legs lol

Firefox
16-09-2011, 01:22
I'm happy with either location, but probably more space at Farndon.

Someone else said there were two pubs at that location in Farndon... The Britannia, and the Riverside Kitchen , which is why I tried both. I've sent the Britannia a letter in the post earlier this evening. It will be interesting to see if it's still called the Britannia. I think there was fire in 2010 and it was refurbed, but I'd be surprised if they changed the name because it dates back a long time to the 18th C by all accounts. However these things happen in the pub trade!

Edit: Judging by Photos on the Riverside Kitchen website, they did change the name from the Britannia after the refurb. It looks to be a massive pub now.

cooljules
16-09-2011, 01:24
I'm happy with either location, but probably more space at Farndon.

Someone else said there were two pubs at that location in Farndon... The Britannia, and the Riverside Kitchen , which is why I tried both. I've sent the Britannia a letter in the post earlier this evening. It will be interesting to see if it's still called the Britannia. I think there was fire in 2010 and it was refurbed, but I'd be surprised if they changed the name because it dates back a long time to the 18th C by all accounts. However these things happen in the pub trade!

they have some pretty daft names now i have seen.

kernowprickles
16-09-2011, 19:01
Would love to join this gathering, and finally put names to faces!! (Not to mention seeing if Arthur the Ugly Dog really IS that bad!!) We are in Scotland at the moment, near Arisaig, but will be heading south on Sunday. We had planned to go to the Peak District anyway, so this wouldn't be too off course.

I will be adding to the female contingent, not too sure about husband, who has been known to nick my clothes, so count him as a HALF!!

So can I come?? Please?? Please???? :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mary x x

Firefox
16-09-2011, 19:49
Everyone welcome! If we run out of spaces in the car park we can always park up (discreetly) in a side street. It's never stopped me before ;)

Firefox
17-09-2011, 01:34
Cats don't get on too well outside their home environment. If you brought it along it would probably be a bit freaked and spend most of the time hiding in the bottom of your wardrobe, till it got used to your van as its new territory which could take a couple of days to a week depending on the cat.

A better alternative would be to leave it with plenty of food. I do it with mine all the time. I just leave them three days food and plenty of water and also dried food as well as clean litter tray. They get on fine. I couldn't do it with a dog as it would fret and likely eat all the food at once and be sick! But cats regulate their eating much better. All they need is plenty of food, their home territory, and themselves. They don't need human company like dogs. The only time they worry about humans is when the feeding dish becomes empty ;)

Rubbertramp
17-09-2011, 08:10
Thanks for that Vernon.....I suppose "new territory" means it will be peeing and pooing all over the place ....can't have both of us doing that!:scared: I'll try to work something out....with a pencil!!!!

Firefox
17-09-2011, 09:50
LOL!! If it finds it's fave safe spot under a bed you could put its own tray nearby and it would probably use it... no guarantees though! To be honest it probably wouldn't eat for a day or two anyway so not much poo.

If you leave it at home Friday eve and come back Sunday its hardly two days. Most people leave their cats with food and water for that time on a regular basis so it's much safer. Anyway, I don't think I could cope with a chemical loo and a litter tray in a van, they would be competing to shove any guests out ;)

cooljules
17-09-2011, 12:10
Am I right in thinking this meet is for the weekend of the 30th?.....If it is I'm a bit stuck..Have to flat and cat sit for my daughter in Yok while they go swanning off to Turkey.....No, not sit on the cat till it's flat! Just look after their apartment and resident feline...... So probably won't be able to make it...sorry.....:idea: Then again, Does anyone have a long dog lead I could borrow for the weekend? It's an indoor cat so don't know how it will get on with the big wide world. If I lose her my girl will hang, draw and quarter me. You're a cat man Firefox...Any advice you could give?

the cat would be totally fine...

i have 2, einstein and doppler. if i go from a fri until mon, all i do is put out 1 tin if cat food, and a large dish of biscuits....simple. the meat is soon gone, and they just happily nibble on biscuits.

water wise, cats dont need water, they will drink if offered it thouogh. dont forget, the larger the water bowl, the fresher it stays. i dont bother for the couple of days with mine.

with all the dogs that are coming, your cat would be totally stressed out. the smells, the barking etc.

donkey too
17-09-2011, 12:25
Thanks for that Vernon.....I suppose "new territory" means it will be peeing and pooing all over the place ....can't have both of us doing that!:scared: I'll try to work something out....with a pencil!!!!

I've always found that a little pellet of lead in the cats ear stops the cat wanting to go anywhere.
I do hear say that a cat tastes like rabbit? any ideas for a suitable sauce?:mad1:

Rubbertramp
17-09-2011, 12:36
I'll ask my Korean friends!

kernowprickles
17-09-2011, 14:42

Yes,I was wondering just WHAT Rubbertramp was going to do with the pencil!! (Have got a good supply of Ikea pencils if you DO bring pussy, RT!!) I think the poor thing might be best off at home - it could end up totally FREAKED by Arthur the Ugly Dog!! :scared:

cooljules
17-09-2011, 16:18
Yes,I was wondering just WHAT Rubbertramp was going to do with the pencil!! (Have got a good supply of Ikea pencils if you DO bring pussy, RT!!) I think the poor thing might be best off at home - it could end up totally FREAKED by Arthur the Ugly Dog!! :scared:

true, he scares the crap outa me :-)

i think if the cat went, it would be looking for the first chance it got to do a runner, either cos it was scared, or wanted to explore....

kimbowbill
18-09-2011, 17:14
Would love to join this gathering, and finally put names to faces!! (Not to mention seeing if Arthur the Ugly Dog really IS that bad!!) We are in Scotland at the moment, near Arisaig, but will be heading south on Sunday. We had planned to go to the Peak District anyway, so this wouldn't be too off course.

I will be adding to the female contingent, not too sure about husband, who has been known to nick my clothes, so count him as a HALF!!

So can I come?? Please?? Please???? :bow: :bow: :bow:

Mary x x

Hi Mary

It would be great to meet you , please do your best to come, Arthur the ugly dog is a cute as cute can be, its the owner that you have to worry about:scared: sorry CJ cant resist, someone has to stick up for poor old Aurthur, he's a darling.

Jen

cooljules
18-09-2011, 17:46
Hi Mary

It would be great to meet you , please do your best to come, Arthur the ugly dog is a cute as cute can be, its the owner that you have to worry about:scared: sorry CJ cant resist, someone has to stick up for poor old Aurthur, he's a darling.

Jen

hes soooooo ugly i have to make him wear fancy dress, to make him look a bit more decent. :-)

cooljules
20-09-2011, 09:06
hes soooooo ugly i have to make him wear fancy dress, to make him look a bit more decent. :-)

not long now! camper is coming along slowly. dong know whos more exited, me or the dogs!

Firefox
20-09-2011, 09:51
Morning

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

The dates of 30/1/2 are fine can we ask you to use the grassed riverside area? We do indeed own this along with the toilets and this would allow plenty of parking still on the car park (which is pretty limited!!).

Many thanks

James
The Riverside

Looks like we are on then! (The Riverside is the new name for the Britannia... it's all one pub now)

cooljules
20-09-2011, 09:53
Looks like we are on then! (The Riverside is the new name for the Britannia... it's all one pub now)

just like me, its looking good :-)

DTDog
20-09-2011, 13:21
Have we all got our posters all made up ready to put out once we arrive, to read :-

"Dale Farm relocation scouting group"

:scared: :scared:

grinner555
20-09-2011, 14:07

we would defo be up for it
would be great to meet other members for chat and exchange stories
we have two dogs too will ask them what they think:hammer:

cooljules
20-09-2011, 14:38
great. there is a list of people who are coming, it was i think put up on one of the first few pages, if anyone wants to add their name to that, to get a full list :-) the list seems to be growing quicker than the italian debt crisis...............

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 15:12
Farndon Marina now confirmed as location, Friday 30th Sept

Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo (maybe)
Squibby
Canalsman (maybe)
Beemer
Lotty and hubby (maybe)
Grinner555

Jen

Firefox
20-09-2011, 15:21
I told him 5-7 vans originally, it's grown a bit since then!

But I think we should still be OK allowing for probablies and dropouts and Roo who can fit anywhere. My van and Donkey Too's are also not much bigger than a car and will fit in a normal parking space.

cooljules
20-09-2011, 15:24

But I think we should still be OK allowing for probablies and dropouts and Roo who can fit anywhere. My van and Donkey Too's are also not much bigger than a car and will fit in a normal parking space.

yup, seems to be in the early teens now.

teen
20-09-2011, 15:48
Ah Poo.....

This really sounds like a good meet - Would love to come.............. Friends husband just gone into Hospice! husband waiting on a stent! 195 miles one way maybe on the last min.........
Will post if life calms down in the next week.:hammer:

Teen X

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 16:39
Ah Poo.....

This really sounds like a good meet - Would love to come.............. Friends husband just gone into Hospice! husband waiting on a stent! 195 miles one way maybe on the last min.........
Will post if life calms down in the next week.:hammer:

Teen X

Hope all is ok for you and you can come

Jen xx

Canalsman
20-09-2011, 16:55

It's all good business at the bar remember!

I am intending to come, so you can change me from a probably to a definite :)

I will travel over during the day on Friday and hope to be there just after lunch.

donkey too
20-09-2011, 17:20
Just re read this thread again from start to finnish and still no wiser. WHERE ARE WE GOING.. Post code or map ref please. also I shall be there Friday afternoon as well as canalman. making sure we get a decent seat at the bar.:shag:

Canalsman
20-09-2011, 17:27
Farndon, near Newark.

Find it here 53.060451,-0.855196 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/653rspt)

Streetview here 53.060451,-0.855196 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/5wqelh8)

kernowprickles
20-09-2011, 17:35

Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo (maybe)
Squibby
Canalsman (maybe)
Beemer
Lotty and hubby (maybe)
Grinner555

Jen

YES, MEEEEE!! You haven't got kernowprickles on the list! (And my beloved husband, Derek!!)

Can I come, pleeeeeese????? :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 20:59
YES, MEEEEE!! You haven't got kernowprickles on the list! (And my beloved husband, Derek!!)

Can I come, pleeeeeese????? :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

yeah yeah course you can, love to meet you, at long last, think this meet looks like fun, cant wait

Jen

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 21:02

Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo (maybe)
Squibby
Canalsman
Beemer
Lotty and hubby (maybe)
Grinner555
Kernowprickles and hubby Derek

Jen

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 21:04
Just re read this thread again from start to finnish and still no wiser. WHERE ARE WE GOING.. Post code or map ref please. also I shall be there Friday afternoon as well as canalman. making sure we get a decent seat at the bar.:shag:

i will be there friday night :scared:make room for me at the bar:bow:

Jen

Admin
20-09-2011, 21:17
Add me too. (that should make the numbers drop)

But please be kind to me I am only ikle :)

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 21:21

Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo (maybe)
Squibby
Canalsman
Beemer
Grinner555
Phil (admin)

Jen

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 21:22
Add me too. (that should make the numbers drop)

But please be kind to me I am only ikle :)

your added, cant promise to be kind to you tho, henry my dog mite pee up your leg aswell :scared:

looking forward to meeting you Phil,

Jen

cooljules
20-09-2011, 21:29
your added, cant promise to be kind to you tho, henry my dog mite pee up your leg aswell :scared:

Jen

if hes as ickle as he says, then your dog can sit on him :-)

Admin
20-09-2011, 21:50

Jen

We have three Boer Boel dogs at work, I shall bring Ruby with me as she is ikle like me (see photo....this is not her but looks the same)

Admin
20-09-2011, 22:04
Not really going to bring one of the dogs BTW

kernowprickles
20-09-2011, 22:05
I'm beginning to wonder.......is this gathering for humans or DOGS??? (Not to mention the traumatized pussies, - or perhaps better not to??)
Can't wait, sounds really good!!

Mary x x

kimbowbill
20-09-2011, 22:19
We have three Boer Boel dogs at work, I shall bring Ruby with me as she is ikle like me (see photo....this is not her but looks the same)

Beautiful dog, i want one lol

Admin
20-09-2011, 22:27
Beautiful dog, i want one lol

We have three at work, two boys and a girl. We also have a rotty :)

Canalsman
20-09-2011, 23:10
For anyone that needs basic supplies, there's a Londis just a couple of minutes walk from the field where we're camping ...

Canalsman
20-09-2011, 23:49
Now being terrible with names, and I know some people will feel my suggestion is a bit strange/conformist, can someone bring some sticky labels so that at least I can remember my name after a few pints!

Besides, with lots of us not having met before, it may be helpful to others :)

donkey too
21-09-2011, 06:27
Now being terrible with names, and I know some people will feel my suggestion is a bit strange/conformist, can someone bring some sticky labels so that at least I can remember my name after a few pints!

Besides, with lots of us not having met before, it may be helpful to others :)

I have met some people several times and still call them 'mate' or 'luv'. and thats without even one pint.:lol-053:

Squibby
21-09-2011, 19:25
Just had a look at the meet site on google earth, looks good. Looking forward to meeting you all then we can all :have fun:

Admin
21-09-2011, 19:32
I have met some people several times and still call them 'mate' or 'luv'. and thats without even one pint.:lol-053:

Please don't call me Luv!

cooljules
21-09-2011, 20:43

i just saw a girl.............and a bull (nice girl)

kimbowbill
21-09-2011, 23:58

you shunt av said that Phil, ya know now, everyone will call it you :lol-053:

kimbowbill
21-09-2011, 23:59
Just had a look at the meet site on google earth, looks good. Looking forward to meeting you all then we can all :have fun:

looking forwars to meeting you Squibby, are you coming from Scotland?

Jen

Old_Arthur
22-09-2011, 05:43

ok mi'duck

Squibby
22-09-2011, 20:18
No I,m traveling up from Portsmouth, stuck down south for the week before and the week after the meet. Then back up to Scotland for the holidays with the kids. So I'm quite mobile over the next few weeks, also got Blackpool (Cheating, Stopping on campsite) then of to Leicester to let the kids see my side of the family.

Will be swimming in Tesco club card points after all the fuel, may treat the van to a good clean.

Squibby

cooljules
22-09-2011, 20:31
been ill with flu and the bad back all week, so not complted the kitchen area rebuild, so not away this weekend, but should be done by midweek and def be there on the friday!!

will check out the pubs address so i can put it in my sat nav :-)

Squibby
22-09-2011, 21:19
Here is the address Wyke Ln, Farndon, Newark-on-Trent, NG24 3SP not sure what the building number is but this is only about 400 yards from where we will be meeting. Pop this into google earth and have a look, the area we are using is up in the top right hand corner of the screen just before the road turns to the right.

See you there.:wave:

Squibby.

cooljules
22-09-2011, 21:24
thats great. :-)

kimbowbill
22-09-2011, 22:17
ok mi'duck

Are you joining us Arthur?

Canalsman
22-09-2011, 23:28
Farndon, near Newark.

Find it here 53.060451,-0.855196 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/653rspt)

Streetview here 53.060451,-0.855196 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/5wqelh8)

Bump :)

For anyone who didn't spot these links - this is where we're going ...

Old_Arthur
23-09-2011, 10:10
Are you joining us Arthur?

hi jen, a couple of BUTS in here,firstly i don't like meet's we are loners BUT this one would have got us there BUT since god was a lad we have always gone on a yearly pilgrimage to the nw mecca (blackpool)for the wifes birthday (27sept) and you have gone and organised on the same weekend

Admin
23-09-2011, 10:11
Full address and website of the pub;

The Riverside Pub and Kitchen - Farndon - Newark - Nottingham (http://www.riversidefarndon.co.uk/)

The riverside.
North End.
Farndon.
nr Newark.
Nottinghamshire.
NG24 3SX
Telephone 01636 71099

Squibby
23-09-2011, 17:54
Just had a look at the pubs web page, looks nice, best turn up in me best togs, foods not to bad if you go for lunch or early evening meal.

Should be there about six depending on the dreaded friday rush hour.

Squibby.

kernowprickles
23-09-2011, 19:40
Any advice about best way to get there??

Rubbertramp
23-09-2011, 19:51
Any advice about best way to get there??

Are you travelling from Cornwall me 'ansome?

Firefox
23-09-2011, 20:52
Go on the A1 to Newark, come off at Newark, when you see signs for Farndon follow those. It's down by the river in Farndon, you can't miss it.

Squibby
23-09-2011, 21:04
Camborne
UK

1. Head southwest toward Commercial St 69 ft
2. Exit the roundabout onto Church St/A3047 Continue to follow A3047 0.8 mi
3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and stay on A3047 0.2 mi
4. Take the ramp onto A30 Go through 2 roundabouts
5. Take the exit onto M5 toward Taunton/Honiton/Exmouth 146 mi
6. At junction 4a, exit onto M42 toward M1/London/M40 11.7 mi
7. At junction 3a, exit onto M42 10.9 mi
8. At junction 7a, exit toward M6/London/M1/Coventry 0.9 mi
9. Merge onto M6 12.5 mi
10. At junction 2, take the M69 exit to A46/M1 N/Leic'r/Cov (E) 0.2 mi
11. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for M69/M1 North and merge onto M69
12. At junction 3, exit onto M1 toward Nottingham 2.6 mi
13. At junction 21a, take the A46 exit to Leics/New'k 0.3 mi
14. Keep right at the fork and merge onto A46 7.5 mi
15. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on A46 heading to Newark/Melton/A607/Nott'm/A606
Go through 2 roundabouts 27.6 mi
16. Turn left onto Main St 0.2 mi
17. Slight left onto Church St 0.1 mi
Wyke Ln Farndon, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire NG24 3SP, UK.

Here is the route from google maps, see you there.

Squibby:wave:

cooljules
23-09-2011, 21:06
Go on the A1 to Newark, come off at Newark, when you see signs for Farndon follow those. It's down by the river in Farndon, you can't miss it.

is anyone coming from near St Helens?

i have a good deal on a satelite and reciever for my camper, the guy lives in St Helens.

could anyone pick up, and i can either pay you beforehand, or next weekend. :-)

kernowprickles
23-09-2011, 21:19
Are you travelling from Cornwall me 'ansome?

No, from the Harrogate direction! We have been in Scotland and are on our way back down again. Thanks, Squibby, but we aren't coming from Camborne this time!! However, the last bit will be useful, as when I looked on the map there seemed to be several ways in. At least we know to use the Main Street one now.

I'm not trusting Fanlight Fanny our sadistic satnav, after she tried to send us to Glasgow when we wanted to stay near Gretna!! It was just sheer nastiness because we wouldn't stay at the first place she took us to. (Ok, nice views, but with a height restriction of 7ft 6ins, and no overnight camping in caravans it wasn't totally suitable!!)

So looking forward to meeting you all!! :wave::lol-061:

Mary

Rubbertramp
23-09-2011, 21:28
No, from the Harrogate direction! We have been in Scotland and are on our way back down again. Thanks, Squibby, but we aren't coming from Camborne this time!! However, the last bit will be useful, as when I looked on the map there seemed to be several ways in. At least we know to use the Main Street one now.

I'm not trusting Fanlight Fanny our sadistic satnav, after she tried to send us to Glasgow when we wanted to stay near Gretna!! It was just sheer nastiness because we wouldn't stay at the first place she took us to. (Ok, nice views, but with a height restriction of 7ft 6ins, and no overnight camping in caravans it wasn't totally suitable!!)

So looking forward to meeting you all!! :wave::lol-061:

Mary

Well that should be easy....if you know how to get on the A1 from Harrogate keep on the A1 till just before Newark then take the A46 towards Leicester and Farndon is about five miles after that turn....have a good trip!

kimbowbill
23-09-2011, 21:39
hi jen, a couple of BUTS in here,firstly i don't like meet's we are loners BUT this one would have got us there BUT since god was a lad we have always gone on a yearly pilgrimage to the nw mecca (blackpool)for the wifes birthday (27sept) and you have gone and organised on the same weekend

aw wot a shame, i too am a bit of a loner but fancied this meet as they all seem like a good crew, i've only ever done one meet and swore i would never do it again as they were all very judgmental, rude and ignorant, if this lots the same i'm off further down t'road to Gunthorpe lol, maybe another time i will get to meet you and your mrs,

enjoy BP xx

cooljules
23-09-2011, 21:45
aw wot a shame, i too am a bit of a loner but fancied this meet as they all seem like a good crew, i've only ever done one meet and swore i would never do it again as they were all very judgmental, rude and ignorant, if this lots the same i'm off further down t'road to Gunthorpe lol, maybe another time i will get to meet you and your mrs,

enjoy BP xx

i once went to a VW T3 (T25) meet when i got one from Germany, i went to a meet once and cos i wasnt a VW teckie/nerd/fan they wouldnt really talk to me, i refused to wear a VW t shirt etc. as i just wanted to use it as a camper. i never went on one again.

kimbowbill
23-09-2011, 22:15
i once went to a VW T3 (T25) meet when i got one from Germany, i went to a meet once and cos i wasnt a VW teckie/nerd/fan they wouldnt really talk to me, i refused to wear a VW t shirt etc. as i just wanted to use it as a camper. i never went on one again.

ano, more or less same here CJ, i didnt want to eat in the pub, and when i said i didnt drink they said i was boring and anti social, lol, pfft, they made us feel very uncomfortable so we buggered off, i dont get a bad vibe from this meet tho, think it will be a giggle

cooljules
23-09-2011, 22:20
ano, more or less same here CJ, i didnt want to eat in the pub, and when i said i didnt drink they said i was boring and anti social, lol, pfft, they made us feel very uncomfortable so we buggered off, i dont get a bad vibe from this meet tho, think it will be a giggle

i can drink like a fish, but those who dont drink not a prob. i have a taste in music that no one else seems to like whos my age. but i dont care. accept me for who i am or dont bother, i accept people for who they are (apart from sheff utd fans...boooooooooooo)..

i wont be spending that much time in the pub, i will have one or 2, but most of the time hanging around the campers having a sociable drink with the dogs.

Squibby
23-09-2011, 22:24
From Harrogate jump on the A1 down to the M1 then follow the directions from the M1 turn off.:dance:

My old sat nav used to try and drag me over the moors on bridal paths when in Yorkshire areas, only place it happened tough.

Squibby.

Rubbertramp
23-09-2011, 22:38
From Harrogate jump on the A1 down to the M1 then follow the directions from the M1 turn off.:dance:

My old sat nav used to try and drag me over the moors on bridal paths when in Yorkshire areas, only place it happened tough.

Squibby.

Sorry to correct ya Squibby but going on the M1 will take them way off course......

kernowprickles
23-09-2011, 22:49
Thanks for all the advice, but I doubt if we will use the A1 unless absolutely necessary, as we prefer the quieter roads, where we can take our time and look around a bit. We only use the Motorways when in a hurry to get somewhere - like getting up to Scotland! Coming down again, we don't hurry, as we'd really rather stay on the road than go home!!

I'm glad that some of you won't be drinking much, as neither of us can due to health reasons. I didn't realise that the DOGS were into booze as well (is that a requirement for a Wildcamping dog??) - what's their fave tipple, CJ?? :cheers:

mary

kimbowbill
23-09-2011, 22:50
Sorry to correct ya Squibby but going on the M1 will take them way off course......

i would stay well clear of M1 if its friday, i used to go down to my boat every friday, bloody nightmare, i'm going A57, A1,

cooljules
23-09-2011, 23:11
Thanks for all the advice, but I doubt if we will use the A1 unless absolutely necessary, as we prefer the quieter roads, where we can take our time and look around a bit. We only use the Motorways when in a hurry to get somewhere - like getting up to Scotland! Coming down again, we don't hurry, as we'd really rather stay on the road than go home!!

I'm glad that some of you won't be drinking much, as neither of us can due to health reasons. I didn't realise that the DOGS were into booze as well (is that a requirement for a Wildcamping dog??) - what's their fave tipple, CJ?? :cheers:

mary

hehe. the dogs take after me, like a nice sit down n chinwag in comfy chairs sata around talking, Wittmann likes german beer, where Arthur takes after me and is a vodka drinker. i might have the odd pear cider but thats it.

cooljules
23-09-2011, 23:14
i would stay well clear of M1 if its friday, i used to go down to my boat every friday, bloody nightmare, i'm going A57, A1,
thats a good point to raise, totally forgot about that, as didnt realise to many people like me where planning arriving in the afternoon. i had planned the same way, avoiding the M1 as much as poss. could be le by the time early eve arrive depending how the midday med painkillers affect me

kimbowbill
24-09-2011, 08:44
thats a good point to raise, totally forgot about that, as didnt realise to many people like me where planning arriving in the afternoon. i had planned the same way, avoiding the M1 as much as poss. could be le by the time early eve arrive depending how the midday med painkillers affect me

well i wont be down til about 8 ish, dont finish work until 4.30 then have to travel accross sheffield through town centre, as long as i get a spot

cooljules
24-09-2011, 10:35
well i wont be down til about 8 ish, dont finish work until 4.30 then have to travel accross sheffield through town centre, as long as i get a spot

i will get ugly Arthur to sit somewhere empty before everyones turns up, that way your guaranteed a good spot :-)

Firefox
24-09-2011, 10:56
My friend had once printed out 5 pages of directions from the internet of how to get from Letchworth to Brighton and was confused when she showed them to me.

I just told her A1(m) London, M25 Heathrow, M23 Gatwick, A23 and you're there!

In a sense, modern aids like route finders have made navigation more tricky, and they obscure the core of the problem with detail. Even sat navs will get you there eventually but the routes they sometimes take have to be seen to be believed! It can cost you a lot of time.

donkey too
24-09-2011, 11:57
i will get ugly Arthur to sit somewhere empty before everyones turns up, that way your guaranteed a good spot :-)

I see what you said now. I miss read it by putting an H in.:bow:

Squibby
24-09-2011, 12:44
When I was going through my biker phase I wrote the directions to where I was going on a post it note and stuck it inside the faring of my bike. This worked fine while moving, but a few times I forgot to remove said post it note when stopping for a leg stretch and got back to find on directions as they had blown away while the bike was parked up.

It's not nice when you don't know where you are going.:sad:

Squibby

Beemer
25-09-2011, 13:55

Hi Jen, we too may not eat in the pub, the whole reason we have a motorhome is so we can be looking after ourselves, cooking and drinking included.
We are not alcohol drinkers, and may be considered boring too, because of this. This would be our first motorhome meet, as usually we 'wild' on our own, but hope to do more 'meets'. We are looking forward to coming on Fri 30th and meeting you all .:wave:

kernowprickles
25-09-2011, 15:20
Hi Jen, we too may not eat in the pub, the whole reason we have a motorhome is so we can be looking after ourselves, cooking and drinking included.
We are not alcohol drinkers, and may be considered boring too, because of this. This would be our first motorhome meet, as usually we 'wild' on our own, but hope to do more 'meets'. We are looking forward to coming on Fri 30th and meeting you all .:wave:

In that case, WE are boring too!! So perhaps we can bore each other to death over a glass of squash??! (Jen can come too, if she likes!!) :cheers: Like you, one of the reasons we changed to a motorhome from a caravan was so we could be self sufficient, and not spend a fortune on food. (The other main one was having a loo constantly available - the joys of old age!!) Maybe we will have one meal in the pub, just to show willing, but otherwise it will be Lidls best cooked in our MH!!

Not long now until we all meet up! Have been on Streetview looking for a wilding spot between Doncaster and Mansfield, pref on A60, but it seems very devoid of laybys!! And Google maps keeps freezing IE! !:mad1:

Looking forward to meeting you! :wave:

Canalsman
25-09-2011, 17:30
Have been on Streetview looking for a wilding spot between Doncaster and Mansfield, pref on A60, but it seems very devoid of laybys!!

How about here 53.2382, -1.0838 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/433lzzg) from the POI database?

cooljules
26-09-2011, 12:44
cant wait...been ill in bed for a week with bad back pain and spasms....should get the cooker etc ready by fri though.

kernowprickles
26-09-2011, 13:21
cant wait...been ill in bed for a week with bad back pain and spasms....should get the cooker etc ready by fri though.

Well, if you don't, you can have a coffee and a bacon roll with us!! And I'm sure some of the others would help, too - provided you stop calling Arthur UGLY!!!!

Mary xx

Admin
26-09-2011, 13:23

I have some pot noodles :)

al n sal
26-09-2011, 13:29
if we don't end up in yorkshire - cumbria as planned towards the end of the week, we might just pop in for the day to say hello, as we only live down the road

al

kernowprickles
26-09-2011, 13:31
How about here 53.2382, -1.0838 - Google Maps (http://tinyurl.com/433lzzg) from the POI database?

Thanks! That looks good!! Have also found one here through the forums:

53.210839,-1.023874 Blyth Rd,Ollerton, Nottinghamshire NG22 9. Not sure if it is on the latest release as I haven't got around to installing it yet.

Anyone else having problems with Google Maps? It will work for one go, then when I try another place it freezes, and I get the "not responding" message. (Bit like my husband!!!) :sleep-027:

What complicates things even further is it has to be a layby with few trees so that his bloody freesat works (heaven forbid we miss Waterloo Road!!)......one day he is going to be WEARING that sat-dish!! :mad:

kangooroo
26-09-2011, 13:54
In that case, WE are boring too!! So perhaps we can bore each other to death over a glass of squash??! (Jen can come too, if she likes!!) :cheers: Like you, one of the reasons we changed to a motorhome from a caravan was so we could be self sufficient, and not spend a fortune on food. (The other main one was having a loo constantly available - the joys of old age!!) Maybe we will have one meal in the pub, just to show willing, but otherwise it will be Lidls best cooked in our MH!!:

The more I, as a non-drinker of alcohol, read about this meet, the more I want to join you for a chat over a glass of squash.

I'm all set, even traced the local McDonalds drive-thru branches (I have no cooking facilities without hook-up) but in order to join you all I need to find someone to check, feed and water my rabbits twice on Saturday and Sunday - quite a tall order with 20 hungry adults and 15 even hungrier babies....

If I can make it, as Firefox says, I won't need much space and my Kangoo can discreetly squeeze into a very small space.

Hope to meet you all - paws X'd....

Admin
26-09-2011, 14:03
(I have no cooking facilities without hook-up)

We will have to daisy chain our inverters to give you a hookup ;)

Admin
26-09-2011, 14:05
I'm all set, even traced the local McDonalds drive-thru branches

Did I mention pot noodles?

cooljules
26-09-2011, 14:28
I have some pot noodles :)

hehe. at this rate i will be sharing the dogs food. will be done though, hopefullly got a mate to lend a hand. i did all the wood framing etc myself last week, which really did my back in, but i just cant lift and hold the one piece cooker unit/ sink unit while i fix it in place.

bed wont be done in time, but thats not a problem.

kernowprickles
26-09-2011, 15:00
Have just been looking at the Riverside's menus - YUM!!

Our menus - The Riverside Pub and Kitchen (http://www.riversidefarndon.co.uk/index.php?page=menus)

They do an Early Bird menu for 7.95, 2 courses for 9.95, 3 for 11.95, if you eat Mon to Fri, between 12 noon and 6.30 pm. The kind of stuff they are serving I'd be paying a lot more for back in Cornwall! Like: Slow roasted duck leg, with parsley mash, braised red cabbage with an apple and balsamic jus........maybe with chocolate and coffee delice with walnut and raisin crust to follow??? :p:tongue:

Admin
26-09-2011, 15:01
Have just been looking at the Riverside's menus - YUM!!

Our menus - The Riverside Pub and Kitchen (http://www.riversidefarndon.co.uk/index.php?page=menus)

They do an Early Bird menu for 7.95, 2 courses for 9.95, 3 for 11.95, if you eat between 12 noon and 6.30 pm. The kind of stuff they are serving I'd be paying a lot more for back in Cornwall! Like: Slow roasted duck leg, with parsley mash, braised red cabbage with an apple and balsamic jus........maybe with chocolate and coffee delice with walnut and raisin crust to follow??? :p:tongue:

I agree the menu looks great

kellyjohn
26-09-2011, 15:45
hi newbie here hope too try and pop along over the weekend hope thats ok cheers john:cool1:

David & Ann
26-09-2011, 15:48
hi newbie here hope too try and pop along over the weekend hope thats ok cheers john:cool1:

Unfortunately I won't be there but I am certain you will be most welcome. The folks on here are great if you can take a bit of leg pulling☺☺☺

kernowprickles
26-09-2011, 16:09
We WILL be there**, and it would be great to see you!! (As long as you like hedgehogs, of course....!!):welcome:

**That's if my BH doesn't put his foot down, and bypass the Gathering altogether in an attempt to get back to his beloved Camborne and Glassons Garage!!

MOS
26-09-2011, 16:37
Wots this Orrible thaught then?

kimbowbill
26-09-2011, 16:37
hehe. at this rate i will be sharing the dogs food. will be done though, hopefullly got a mate to lend a hand. i did all the wood framing etc myself last week, which really did my back in, but i just cant lift and hold the one piece cooker unit/ sink unit while i fix it in place.

bed wont be done in time, but thats not a problem.

now am sure folk will help you out with the food situation but its a bit much hinting for a bed, :shag: :lol-049:

kimbowbill
26-09-2011, 16:40
Wots this Orrible thaught then?

????? have i missed summat?

MOS
26-09-2011, 16:46
We WILL be there**, and it would be great to see you!! (As long as you like hedgehogs, of course....!!):welcome:

**That's if my BH doesn't put his foot down, and bypass the Gathering altogether in an attempt to get back to his beloved Camborne and Glassons Garage!!

Twas Here

yorkslass
26-09-2011, 21:18
Thanks! That looks good!! Have also found one here through the forums:

53.210839,-1.023874 Blyth Rd,Ollerton, Nottinghamshire NG22 9. Not sure if it is on the latest release as I haven't got around to installing it yet.

Anyone else having problems with Google Maps? It will work for one go, then when I try another place it freezes, and I get the "not responding" message. (Bit like my husband!!!) :sleep-027:

What complicates things even further is it has to be a layby with few trees so that his bloody freesat works (heaven forbid we miss Waterloo Road!!)......one day he is going to be WEARING that sat-dish!! :mad:

i"ve got one like that!!!!! no tv and the teddy goes out of the pram.

cooljules
27-09-2011, 08:44
If anyone who is coming, has a spare metal sturdy little footstep they want to sell for a couple of quid, that would be great :-) sods law on ebay they are too far away when i see one at a good price. 2 would be good, one for me and the ugly mutt Arthur to get in the van, and one for inside so he can climb onto his bed (when i rebuild his bed lol)

ta muchly

Admin
28-09-2011, 08:33
As this is now only a couple of days away I was wondering who is now attending?

Canalsman
28-09-2011, 09:52
Me & Bella (my beautiful lurcher) :)

Plan to arrive Friday lunchtime-ish ...

PS Who's bringing the barbie? (There's a rumour of good weather!)

David & Ann
28-09-2011, 10:06

I have heard that Cornish men rule the waves, hee, hee.☺☺☺

Firefox
28-09-2011, 10:12
I'm still planning to come.

cooljules
28-09-2011, 10:20
i will be there Fri, got the cooker and sink unit fitted in place...so thats ok.

will be along with cute Wittmann and the ugly Arthur of course......... :-)

donkey too
28-09-2011, 10:24
I shall be there on friday if only to see if cj is as ugly as he make out his dog to be.:lol-053:

cooljules
28-09-2011, 10:26
I shall be there on friday if only to see if cj is as ugly as he make out his dog to be.:lol-053:

he is. ;-)

Admin
28-09-2011, 10:40
PS Who's bringing the barbie?

You bring your Barbie and I will bring my Action men :)

cooljules
28-09-2011, 13:38
You bring your Barbie and I will bring my Action men :)

you look more like cindy, never mind Ken :-)

kellyjohn
28-09-2011, 17:30
hi i hope to be there sat morning can you save a space if poss or will there be plenty cheers john

Firefox
28-09-2011, 17:32
When first I contacted James at the Riverside, I told him that we were a group of motorhoming friends who liked visiting scenic places, and eating at different locations. I didn't say that we would necessarily all be eating and drinking in the pub though, but hopefully enough of us will.

I also didn't mention wild camping or internet forums. I just said we were professional or retired people with a common interest and we'd be there Fri and off Sunday... all of which is nominally true.

I didn't want to put them off as not everyone appreciates what "wild" camping actually is, or how internet forums work. Social networking online and meetings do have a bad impression in some people's minds as they conjour up images of wild facebook open invites to parties with 100's turning up and misbehaving!!

That's just as a heads up; treat it like any other wild camping or car park, and don't set up awnings or BBQ's and tables/chairs all over their premises, not that you would anyway ;) If you want to ask them separately for permission to do any of those things, that's cool. But at the moment I've simply got permission to "overnight" (whatever that means!) on Fri and Sat for 5-10 vans.

donkey too
28-09-2011, 17:45
When first I contacted James at the Riverside, I told him that we were a group of motorhoming friends who liked visiting scenic places, and eating at different locations. I didn't say that we would necessarily all be eating and drinking in the pub though, but hopefully enough of us will.

I also didn't mention wild camping or internet forums. I just said we were professional or retired people with a common interest and we'd be there Fri and off Sunday... all of which is nominally true.

I didn't want to put them off as not everyone appreciates what "wild" camping actually is, or how internet forums work. Social networking online and meetings do have a bad impression in some people's minds as they conjour up images of wild facebook open invites to parties with 100's turning up and misbehaving!!

That's just as a heads up; treat it like any other wild camping or car park, and don't set up awnings or BBQ's and tables/chairs all over their premises, not that you would anyway ;) If you want to ask them separately for permission to do any of those things, that's cool. But at the moment I've simply got permission to "overnight" (whatever that means!) on Fri and Sat for 5-10 vans.

So we mustn't swing from the chandaleers?:D

Canalsman
28-09-2011, 18:36

That's fine by me - I'm looking forward to it.

I washed the 'van today, and fixed a fault on the heater - not that I think that it'll be needed.

Looks like we're going to have a mini heatwave.

I don't anticipate eating in the pub - Bella has only been with us for 6 weeks, and I am not keen to leave her alone in the 'van. This will be her first trip. And I doubt that the pub allows dogs ...

I will be partaking of a few pints however :)

I am leaving home around lunchtime tomorrow, and I'm going to spend the night somewhere near Baslow, taking the opportunity to vet a few possible spots.

See you Friday ...

cooljules
28-09-2011, 18:40
how about a BBQ sat early eve? the weather should be good.

and how about a competition, best looking owner and dog, and one of the worst :-)

like others have said, i prefer a quiet weekend away, just me and the dogs, not into big meets etc but looking forward to this weekend, esp with the weather!!!

cooljules
28-09-2011, 18:44
That's fine by me - I'm looking forward to it.

I washed the 'van today, and fixed a fault on the heater - not that I think that it'll be needed.

Looks like we're going to have a mini heatwave.

I don't anticipate eating in the pub - Bella has only been with us for 6 weeks, and I am not keen to leave her alone in the 'van. This will be her first trip. And I doubt that the pub allows dogs ...

I will be partaking of a few pints however :)

I am leaving home around lunchtime tomorrow, and I'm going to spend the night somewhere near Baslow, taking the opportunity to vet a few possible spots.

See you Friday ...

Wittmann my 2 year old german shepherd is great will little pups, shes friendly and wants to play and when i went WC with the dogs a few weeks ago at cromwell, a couple of old fogies had taken their new little JR pup, which was scared as not use to other dogs, esp bigger ones but it soon came round, they thanked for me it which seemed strange at the time.

i think theres gonna be more dogs than people.... (bit like the old roxy's nightclub in sheff, and im sure Jem knows what im on about lol)

kimbowbill
28-09-2011, 20:46
Wittmann my 2 year old german shepherd is great will little pups, shes friendly and wants to play and when i went WC with the dogs a few weeks ago at cromwell, a couple of old fogies had taken their new little JR pup, which was scared as not use to other dogs, esp bigger ones but it soon came round, they thanked for me it which seemed strange at the time.

i think theres gonna be more dogs than people.... (bit like the old roxy's nightclub in sheff, and im sure Jem knows what im on about lol)

yep, good ol Roxy's, deffo full of dogs and pigs lol,as you know my henry is freindly,

Jen

kimbowbill
28-09-2011, 21:00
Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo
Squibby
Canalsman
Beemer
Grinner555
Phil
kellyjohn
Mos

ANYONE ELSE FOR DEFFO PLEASE SPEAK NOW OR FOR EVER HOLD YOU PIECE

This makes it 14, i will be arriving fri early evening, 7 ish, i am more than happy to give out my mobile via my email jenny.kimba@blueyonder.co.uk if anyone who is just thinking of turning up on the saturday to see if there is room,

Rubbertramp
28-09-2011, 21:12
Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo
Squibby
Canalsman
Beemer
Grinner555
Phil

This makes it 14, i will be arriving fri early evening, 7 ish, i am more than happy to give out my mobile via my email jenny.kimba@blueyonder.co.uk if anyone who is just thinking of turning up on the saturday to see if there is room,

Won't be there till Saturday morning....Bruce (Donkey too) says he'll hold a place for me if it gets crowded.....
Thought I'd better speak up.......wouldn't want to be holding my piece (sic) forever :rolleyes2:

kimbowbill
28-09-2011, 21:24
Won't be there till Saturday morning....Bruce (Donkey too) says he'll hold a place for me if it gets crowded.....
Thought I'd better speak up.......wouldn't want to be holding my piece (sic) forever :rolleyes2:

your on the list,

Firefox
28-09-2011, 23:10
Likewise, if anyone is thinking of coming and wants to ring me before setting off that's fine:

(07941) 172043

MOS
29-09-2011, 15:59
Hi ime 99.9 % now should be there friday tea time ,sorry for late reply but i work strange hours and last minit calls see you all soon MOS
just me and mi little dog

kellyjohn
29-09-2011, 17:14
hi have already said coming please add to list prob be there sat morning with the dog cheers john

cooljules
29-09-2011, 17:29
i will be there mid afternoon if all goes well, otherwise just after the eve rush hour................

kernowprickles
29-09-2011, 18:35
Will I be thrown out of the meet cos I haven't got a dog with me??? My BH growls at me a lot, maybe that might help?? Will we be having a dog show with all those dogs coming - a Wild Camping Crufts?? Bit pointless though, as that wonderful dog Arthur will be sure to win!! :heart: :heart:

cooljules
29-09-2011, 18:38
Will I be thrown out of the meet cos I haven't got a dog with me??? My BH growls at me a lot, maybe that might help?? Will we be having a dog show with all those dogs coming - a Wild Camping Crufts?? Bit pointless though, as that wonderful dog Arthur will be sure to win!! :heart: :heart:

Arthur would win the ugly dog comp by far, but seeing as i also have wittmann with me, you can borrow Arthur, no other bugger would :-)

i took them for a walk in a park today, Arthur plods along next to me, and there was a really old couple sat on a park bench...arthur walked up to the woman, put his chin on her knee and looked up at her and smiled, and she was really nasty to him.......couldnt belive it

Squibby
29-09-2011, 18:39
:cheers:

kernowprickles
29-09-2011, 18:41
Arthur would win the ugly dog comp by far, but seeing as i also have wittmann with me, you can borrow Arthur, no other bugger would :-)

i took them for a walk in a park today, Arthur plods along next to me, and there was a really old couple sat on a park bench...arthur walked up to the woman, put his chin on her knee and looked up at her and smiled, and she was really nasty to him.......couldnt belive it

I can't believe it either.......tell me where this park bench is and I'll get a contract out on her!!!

cooljules
29-09-2011, 18:49
I can't believe it either.......tell me where this park bench is and I'll get a contract out on her!!!

she shouted shift and i thought she was gonna slap him. i wouldnt have stood for that, she wasnt scared of dogs as 20 seconds before wittmann was ahead and had a sniff of the bench.

i was awake again all night, got a hours sleep at 11am, and been up since then, Arthur all night keeps a eye on me making sure im ok. both dogs had a good long paddle and swim today, Arthur gives me a big smile after, sounds daft when i say i can see when hes happy and smiling....but i can.

Everyone falls for him, even people with a fear or aprhension of dogs, he just puts people at ease...its his personality cos it sure aint his looks!!:scared:

he did wander off in the park, when he lost sight of me ahead (literally not far ahead!), so had to train wittmann to run after him and turn him around when i tell her to get him... if he loses sight of me, he will just follow a siloette of a person as his eyes are pretty bad or go in the direction hes just been, and if i stand still he cant see me.

anyway, looking forward to the weekend!!!!

DTDog
29-09-2011, 18:55
Now, if we are having a WildCamping Crufts, I must warn you that we will be bringing along our little bundle of fluff:-

See you all tomorrow ....... :heart:

cooljules
29-09-2011, 18:59
Now, if we are having a WildCamping Crufts, I must warn you that we will be bringing along our little bundle of fluff:-

See you all tomorrow ....... :heart:

the back end of your camper looks better than my Arthur lol.

hopefully the dogs will love the water at that location and its nice and easy for them to get in and out, esp the older dogs

MOS
29-09-2011, 19:05
OH SH*T not WATER
mine is half fish half duck amd half Irish water spaniel :mad1:
better bring lots of towls :lol-049:

cooljules
29-09-2011, 19:08
OH SH*T not WATER

mine love it too, this location was picked due to being near water for the dogs, and its going to be needed with the heatwave!!!

Old_Arthur
29-09-2011, 19:15
OH SH*T not WATER

my he sounds a dog and half :lol-061::lol-061:

Squibby
29-09-2011, 20:21
See you all tomorrow, should be there about six but trying to get off work early, so may be there sooner.

Squibby

kernowprickles
29-09-2011, 20:40
Hope to be there by lunch time if we don't get lost in Sutton again!! Can't wait to meet everyone - are we going to play "Guess who I am??" Or are we wearing sticky labels with our names on?? It's soooo hot, all the skylights and windows are open, and it's still warm. Looks like we've got good weather tomorrow - if this keeps up, I think I will be joining the dogs in the water!! :boat::wave:

mustardseed
29-09-2011, 22:25
Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo
Squibby
Canalsman
Beemer
Grinner555
Phil

Are you accepting late entries? I am thinking of coming (will depend how I feel tomorrow and whether I manage to get my new battery put in and everything packed up again, inter alia). However, I don't have a dog, so not sure if I qualify?
Looks like there could be a bit of a problem if only space for 5-10 vans and everyone turns up!
I have made a note of Firefox's number.

kangooroo
29-09-2011, 22:35
It's still looking very doubtful for me - I've been unable to find a reliable bunny-sitter to check on the furry mob :'o(

Firefox
29-09-2011, 23:41
Well he didn't say there wasn't space. There is actually space but I didn't want to freak them out by saying 20 vans or something! So I said something like 5-7 initially, then I mailed him back and said could be more like 10.

In practice there are usually some drop-outs as people have busy schedules and things crop up so I don't think we will be too far off that number. If you put yourself in the pub's shoes, they don't care so long as we are patronising them. But I'm sure they wouldn't feel it fair if we all took up spaces of their guests and spent all weekend in our vans.

I realise due to cost reasons and the fact that a few people just don't like pubs, that some people won't want to spend a lot in there, but if you patronise them a bit, it's just like you turning up as a regular - they can't deny parking for that :)

Anyway, if Brandon was anything to go by there are some of us who wouldn't bat an eyelid over putting 8 pints away, but I think it will be more of a mixed meet this time, with couples, the dogs, and people doing their own things.

mustardseed
30-09-2011, 00:26
Well I like (decent) pubs that serve good beer, so having a drink in there wouldn't be a problem for me ;-)

kimbowbill
30-09-2011, 07:02
The list so far
Cooljules
Bigpieater and wifey
donkey too
rubbertramp
Firefox
DTdog
Kangaroo
Squibby
Canalsman
Beemer
Grinner555
Phil
kellyjohn
Mos

kimbowbill
30-09-2011, 07:05

thats wrong, i've met him, he does smile, but theres nooooooooo way that dog is nasty, in fact they are bothe vey friendly, henry fell in love with wittman lol, he will have fun this weekend, especially with the girls lol

kimbowbill
30-09-2011, 07:09
Are you accepting late entries? I am thinking of coming (will depend how I feel tomorrow and whether I manage to get my new battery put in and everything packed up again, inter alia). However, I don't have a dog, so not sure if I qualify?
Looks like there could be a bit of a problem if only space for 5-10 vans and everyone turns up!
I have made a note of Firefox's number.

of course your welcome,

kimbowbill
30-09-2011, 07:15
if there is not enough room for everyone, there is a place further down the road, its not ideal for the dogs as it is near a road, albiet a quite one, its still a road, but its a plan b if plan a doesnt work, theres a great pub just down the road, the parking in massive, and it doesnt belong to anyone.

i used to visit farndon many years ago, the car park does get very busy especially in nice weather, we dont want to upset the locals by taking up all the car park, personally with so many peeps attending, i do think we are going to have a problem, but we shall see

i will be there 8 ish, hope theres room for me,

Jen

Admin
30-09-2011, 11:59
4 vans here at the moment:

Me
Donkey Too
Kernowpickles
Big bopper

There are a couple of tents here too.

We are all parking around the edge to maximise space.

DTDog
30-09-2011, 14:40
Van all packed.

Just about to set as soon as I turn off the compu...............

mustardseed
30-09-2011, 18:14
Not going to be able to make it tonight due to various problems. I am hoping to join you tomorrow. Please keep us updated on here if you can. Otherwise, I have Firefox's number so will call him before I set off just in case you have moved or overflowed into the river or something.......
Hope you are all having a great time :-)

Admin
30-09-2011, 19:37
some photos of the meet.

Bella

CJs Arse

Canalsman & Chris

Dogs

Kim

Admin
30-09-2011, 19:42
Cooljules Man boobs

The River

Sqibby / firefox / Jack

Tbear after one to many sherrys

Croftland1
30-09-2011, 20:43
36B CJ? :p

Admin
30-09-2011, 20:47
no he is a 36 C !

Firefox
30-09-2011, 23:50
There must be nearly 20 vans here now. I think I told him 5 a couple of weeks ago!

Oh well, beer is OK.... and plenty of space ;)

Admin
01-10-2011, 09:47
More photos from last night Jenny mainly

Jen loves speckled hen

Admin
01-10-2011, 09:53
more photos...

2971Arthur
2972Big bopper
2973tbear
2974 my view has gone

2975squibby

Doogie
01-10-2011, 09:57
I'd already planned something in Derbyshire for this weekend, just a few mates in scruffy buses going to Whatstandwell, looking at this I wish I'd opted in. I'm sure if this is a success there'll be more & I'd definitely like to come especially as it's so near to where I live.Wishing you all a great weekend. D

donkey too
01-10-2011, 12:27
I'd already planned something in Derbyshire for this weekend, just a few mates in scruffy buses going to Whatstandwell, looking at this I wish I'd opted in. I'm sure if this is a success there'll be more & I'd definitely like to come especially as it's so near to where I live.Wishing you all a great weekend. D

Yep, you have sure missed out here. but there is always another day.

teen
02-10-2011, 12:28
Well I really wanted to join the fun - are you all still all there? where are more photos? or did you get kicked out? I am having to wild camp vicariously until husband is back to health. so come on more photos.............please

Teen X :wave:

Tbear
02-10-2011, 12:44
Had a fantastic time this weekend, Great to have met you all and we are both looking forward to doing it again despite having to overt my eyes to avoid Phil and his constant Flashing:D.

Arthur is a very handsome hound.

cooljules
02-10-2011, 14:31
Im home...twas a great weekend. my back and knee is aching but well worth it. the weather was great, all the dogs were great, even Bella the hound of the Baskerville....even ugly Arthur had a fantastic time

same time next year!!! :-)

will put some fotos up later once rested

donkey too
02-10-2011, 14:49
A great big thank you to all of you who attended at the week end. Despite me not being on form I had a fantastic time and was very happy that I met you all. See you all again soon.
Bruce

DTDog
02-10-2011, 14:55
Nice to met up with everyone this weekend and put faces to names.
Hopefully this will become an annual event (especially if, who ever managed to arrange the weather could have a talk with him upstairs and book the some for next year).

Here's hopeing for some new long lasting friendships, even if it's only the dogs!!

Beemer
02-10-2011, 16:14
Thank you all for the laughs, and good to be able to put faces to names.
Superb weather too.
Looking forward to the next one..... note to oneself: must get a dog!

Beemer
02-10-2011, 16:19
and some more

kimbowbill
02-10-2011, 19:22
Had a fab weekend, everyone was so friendly and normal, no stuck up folk, plenty of dirty jokes, loads of LOL's, loads of booze and dogs, Henry was naughty, have to rethink my training stratergy, great food at the Crown, can't fault the weekend at all, i was nearly the last to leave and we left 'not trace' a perfect weekend, thanks everyone for making it happen

Jen

kellyjohn
02-10-2011, 20:10
hi all i would like to thankyou all for a great weekend my first away i was made very welcome and jake was too for those who were there at end thankyou for concern over jake after his fit was touching i can report we came back home so i could look after him as he was not himself at present he is asleep and will keep all up to date again THANKYOU:wave:

cooljules
02-10-2011, 20:14
hi all i would like to thankyou all for a great weekend my first away i was made very welcome and jake was too for those who were there at end thankyou for concern over jake after his fit was touching i can report we came back home so i could look after him as he was not himself at present he is asleep and will keep all up to date again THANKYOU:wave:

Hi, i didnt know about this, hope hes ok. i put up lots of fotos and many of Jake. hes a nice little dog

kimbowbill
02-10-2011, 20:25
Great weekend guys and thanks to firefox for finding such a great place . Nice to meet new friends and four legged friends too !!!!!!!
Many thanks
Karen and Charlie

Hi
I think you will find it was my suggestion for this place, don't want firefox claiming all the credit, it was CJ who suggested the meet , fierfox contacted the pub, a joint decision,

kimbowbill
02-10-2011, 20:32
Well thanks to all who sorted it then x lol sorry

:banana: its ok, lol xx

kimbowbill
02-10-2011, 20:35

Hi John

please keep us informed on his progress, he is a cracking little man, i wish him all the best, he did give me quite a scare tho, was more scared when henry jumped out the window after me running after jake, another benny hill moment lol xx

Jen xx

lotty
02-10-2011, 20:46

It was great to meet you and Jake, glad to hear you got home ok and I hope after a sleep tonight he will be back to his lovely self. (You were on our minds all the way home)
Take care and kisses to Jake, :heart:
hope to see you on the next one.

Lotty
(Neil hubby & Eddie the dog)
:wave:

lotty
02-10-2011, 20:50
Hi all,
It was great to meet you all this weekend. I now have faces to put to all the names I see on here so often.
My husband and I (and the dog) had a fantastic time, lots of laughs and alcohol!

Hope to see you all again and I promise Eddie wont eat anymore fingers :scared:

Lotty
x

bigpieeater
02-10-2011, 20:56
This looked like a success, how many of you turned up?
Hope the weather was kind to you?
Are you all planning another?
Where did you go?

kimbowbill
02-10-2011, 21:01
This looked like a success, how many of you turned up?
Hope the weather was kind to you?
Are you all planning another?
Where did you go?

you missed a great weekend, thought you wo coming?, anyways i counted 18 vans, but that was after a few so dont take that as gospel, everyone was great, we went to farndon marine, and i think after the success of this one, yes, there will be another one, we all agreed that we will be having a annual one, Phil is organisng this one, probaly the same time next year, keep on looking

Jen xx

cooljules
02-10-2011, 21:04
i must take credit for the weather, when i suggested it the other week, i had it sussed :-) :bow:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS