PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough

amandadarren
18-09-2011, 10:14
Hi i know their are lots of threads on this location but we are hoping to head to scarborough this next weekend and as this will be our 1st time wild camping just wanted to clarify where we can park legaly over night our camper is just under 24 ft and gvw is 3,400 many thanks amanda and darren

twomercs
18-09-2011, 11:09
My advice would be to park as far away as possible - preferably at a nicer resort.

Mizar
18-09-2011, 18:06
Hi we stayed at the pump station on marine drive on Friday night no problems there was another van
there too.
There was 3 in the disabled parking bay at the front of the harbour, and then there where about 8 smaller vans in the car park behind the lifeboat station.
When we moved in the morning there where about half a dozen further on marine drive just past the
skate park.
The only thing I noticed we usually park past the skate park because we can park the van being 25ft with
the rear on the grass so we don't stick out in the road but there are large bolders there now to stop this I noticed some larger vans parking across 3 and 4 bays.

Old_Arthur
18-09-2011, 18:16
Hi we stayed at the pump station on marine drive on Friday night no problems there was another van
there too.
There was 3 in the disabled parking bay at the front of the harbour, and then there where about 8 smaller vans in the car park behind the lifeboat station.
When we moved in the morning there where about half a dozen further on marine drive just past the
skate park.
The only thing I noticed we usually park past the skate park because we can park the van being 25ft with
the rear on the grass so we don't stick out in the road but there are large bolders there now to stop this I noticed some larger vans parking across 3 and 4 bays.

this is what will get us banned ferkin to$$ers

kimbowbill
18-09-2011, 18:23
I parked in the sea life car park last night, one other van near the smelly bit and 3 cars, thats all, woke up to the most beautiful sunrise ever, there is planning applications in for bars and restaurants all along the front starting from sea life car park, if passed will spoil this area, what a shame:sad:

wilthebeast
18-09-2011, 19:36
My advice would be to park as far away as possible - preferably at a nicer resort.

NICE FIRST POST !!!!!:mad2:

THERE is nothing wrong with Scarborough one of our favourite places

amandadarren
18-09-2011, 19:49
one of our favorite places too, normally a ride on the goldwing for a bag of chips :), thanks for the reply's

wilthebeast
18-09-2011, 20:02
one of our favorite places too, normally a ride on the goldwing for a bag of chips :), thanks for the reply's

Hi amandadarren do you do the goldwing weekend at Scarborough we saw it last year , BRILLIANT .:bow:

amandadarren
18-09-2011, 20:32
yes we were their last year but didn't manage to make it this year :cry:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS