PDA

View Full Version : I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Wind Dancer
19-09-2011, 18:11
I didn't plan to come this far north, but I've ended up on the Orkney Isles!
Weather has been scorching! (poetic licence, but virtually true). Thought I'd stay for a couple of days and head down to the Highland Mini Meet, however............ I am now motorhoming without a motorhome :(
My van is seriously broken down and on the ramp in the garage. Bad news is, at best it will be off the road until Friday (and be a very expensive fix).

Good news is I have been given a courtesy car to get around in, and the van has been parked so I can still sleep in it (though it is on quite a tilt!) I have been given electric hook up and have access to water and toilet :)
Now that is what I call service. This was all given freely and willingly :) and I now have several more days to explore :)

Never the less, fingers crossed it is fixed by the weekend (the alternative doesn't bare thinking about!)

Chris

mandrake
19-09-2011, 18:19
good of the garage to provide you with this help ,mabey giving them a mention on here, just in case any other members end up in your situation in the vicinity some time .

Lorry Ball
19-09-2011, 20:06
It was all right when it left here ......:wave:

Lorry :drive:

magbrin
19-09-2011, 20:12
There are far worse places on earth to be stranded:goodluck:
We'll keep your pitch warm for you at Brin, but if you don't make it for the meet I hope you will call in, anyway, on your way south. PM first in cse we are not going to be here. The cafe & shop close next Monday for the season, so given a chance and good weather we may be away for the odd night or two.
Have a great time in Orkney, it is a great place with lovely people:bow:
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

Wind Dancer
19-09-2011, 20:26
Hi Lorry

I'm glad to have that confirmed.

It was really good to meet you, and thank you for your hospitality :)

Chris

Wind Dancer
19-09-2011, 20:35
There are far worse places on earth to be stranded:goodluck:
We'll keep your pitch warm for you at Brin, but if you don't make it for the meet I hope you will call in, anyway, on your way south. PM first in cse we are not going to be here. The cafe & shop close next Monday for the season, so given a chance and good weather we may be away for the odd night or two.
Have a great time in Orkney, it is a great place with lovely people:bow:
All the best and safe travels
Margaret

You're so right! That's the best bit of it, of all the places I could have got stranded in I picked the best one! The people are so friendly and helpful, and I now HAVE to stay on longer so I can explore more :) I'm loving it here!

Still want to keep waving at MH's though!

Have a brilliant meet, and hope to see you soon!

Chris

Derbyshire
19-09-2011, 20:41
Sounds like you've picked a good week to break down........!

The Orkney Blues Festival starts on Friday :beer:

Sounds like you've been well looked after in difficult circumstances. Hope it's not too expensive to repair!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS