PDA

View Full Version : Happisburgh

MartianTom
20-09-2011, 10:03
Wild and secluded village on the coast - and with a fantastic pub!

There's a small car park on the top of the cliff - free, and with no parking restrictions listed. There's a campsite adjacent, which charges 18 a night with hook-up. No choice, really!

Canalsman
20-09-2011, 11:58
Thank you for the info - I've added this to the POI database.

Regards

Chris

DottyDog
15-10-2011, 13:45
I tried this location last week and found lots of building work going on. A whole new car park is being built and the temporary arrangements weren't very nice for a stop-over. I continued along the coast road and found a picnic site in Bacton Woods instead.

donkey too
15-10-2011, 13:47
I tried this location last week and found lots of building work going on. A whole new car park is being built and the temporary arrangements weren't very nice for a stop-over. I continued along the coast road and found a picnic site in Bacton Woods instead.

can you give us the location of the picnik site plz

DottyDog
15-10-2011, 13:59
Well I don't have sat nav and I found it by following my nose, but I think it was here... Forestry Commission - Bacton Wood - (http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recreation.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/EnglandEastAngliaNoForestBactonWoodBactonWoodsCarP ark)

donkey too
15-10-2011, 17:59
found it Yes it is on the POI's

MartianTom
16-10-2011, 10:09
I tried this location last week and found lots of building work going on. A whole new car park is being built and the temporary arrangements weren't very nice for a stop-over.

Sorry to hear that. Here's my bus at the stopover I did in in mid-September..

DottyDog
16-10-2011, 12:08
Sorry to hear that. Here's my bus at the stopover I did in in mid-September..

Ah well maybe I just caught it on a bad day. That car park was still open and I did park there for a bit, but like I say there was lots of building activity going on around me. The new car park they're building is the other side of the road closer to the lighthouse.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS