PDA

View Full Version : Brandon

donkey too
22-09-2011, 16:06
+52 26' 10.00", +0 36' 6.56" This is a small council car park for the ccountry park No restrictions entered from a small lane beside what used to be the gate house. Very quiet and peacefull.

+52 24' 56.85", +0 37' 52.11" this is mayday bird hide signed from main road. free parking for bird enthusiasts. I have overnighted here and never been bothered. But I am interested in birds. (the feathered type as well as the kind you get at the Ram) Thought I had better put that bit in before rubber tramp does.:lol-053:

+52 21' 37.21", +0 40' 27.89" This is a large area set back from the road and often used by cyclists and hikers to leave their vehicles. also the odd lorry.. There is a monument in the centre declaring the existance of the peddars way path which runs through it

Canalsman
22-09-2011, 16:34
Thanks for these suggestions ...

I have added the third one to the POI database.

The first one is already in the database, and there's a sign on the road leading to the second saying that it's only available for disabled access ...

Regards

Chris

donkey too
22-09-2011, 16:51
I will check that one when I am in the council office tomorrow as it is council owned and a very long walk. the sign should say only Car parking the disablde access has been added. let oyu know

Bernard Jones
23-09-2011, 09:30
Looks just the spot to practise my night rallying and handbrake turns in my Corsa GTI. Cheers :cool1:

donkey too
23-09-2011, 17:52
Thanks for these suggestions ...

I have added the third one to the POI database.

The first one is already in the database, and there's a sign on the road leading to the second saying that it's only available for disabled access ...

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,
Just been down to check out +52 24' 56.85", +0 37' 52.11" this is mayday bird hide signed from main road. free parking for bird enthusiasts. I have overnighted here and never been bothered. But I am interested in birds.
The lane has this week been levelled and resurfaced with road plannings. also widened. The parking is available all the way along the right hand sid of the lane on grassed area. up to the sign saying "only disabled past this point". The grassed areas are wide and would accomodate large vans. usually one or two cyclists cars parked there early evening and week end some of them sleep over at week ends and use the forest both days. The verges do not look big on google as they are overhung with trees.
There is also parking for two or three or more depending on size, right opposite the entrance to this lane on the main road.

Canalsman
23-09-2011, 18:31
Thanks for checking - I've added both locations to the POI database.

Regards

Chris

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS